Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need an app that you can photograph/scan text and it translates it :lol

If I were to guess, maybe AoU shield with the metal "strap"/handle instead of leather :huh:

Yea I attempted to google translate comments but it doesn't come out accuratley.

That would be surprising but cool if they have replicas from AoU planned already.

Stealth shield is AWESOME! Highly recommend it. The color is exactly what you would expect it to be. No gloss, except a little satin on the powder finish and the blue around the star to make it pop. So good. Finish is just as good on this as my classic. Bring on the BD!!!!! I am going 3 for 3.:lol

Thanks for the review. Looks pretty good!
I had ordered this stealth too and should be here tomorrow.
I'm actually trying to switch it up and get 1 stealth pedestal and 1 classic wall mount and hoping you can switch the shields between them if you want to. I may have to get that battle damaged too though!

Sweet. I missed out on the first classic shield looks like I get a second chance. Then I'll have the trifecta Lager, eFx, and KA. The damaged shield looks incredible.

Hey everyone. I was the winner of the last Big Bad Toy Store Auction for the Classic KA Shield before they switched to Buy it Now. (I got lucky it ended up being $5.00 cheaper!) I just wanted to thank everyone, I used this forum's resources to help make my decision. The delivery came at lunch today and I am opening it tonight! If I can answer any questions about the product please let me know! I sure appreciate all the great information you all provided. - Cheers!

PS Those new KA Shields look great. Love to get the USO shield!

Last edited:
I'm looking for the shield with the wall mount. Can't seem to find one at a decent price.

KING ARTS now in Hong Kong and Taiwan is many bad comment... many people complain in Facebook, but King Arts DELETE their comment and no reply...
for the shield some people got Oxidation when they get it back home after one month...
many people is got like this... but they delete the comment on Facebook page...

???? 2015-04-07 ??11.19.59.jpg
11058694_10204526240657474_7181710744085865531_n.jpg
150765_10204526240057459_5308553849131432306_n.jpg
11079615_10204526240097460_2018816454807360640_n.jpg
11081284_10204526240017458_9106048823573051239_n.jpg
11095354_10204526240497470_5470572139035724717_n.jpg
10390888_783977008359653_2458285698826747106_n.jpg
1504987_783977018359652_2821781186774801076_n.jpg
1504987_783977018359652_2821781186774801076_n.jpg

its that really so good quality?... the back side finishing is not complete
and the painting is really crude
and the Metal wire drawing is not really so perfect at all.

but i think its just cheap price then others , with a normal quality.

its that really so good quality?... the back side finishing is not complete
and the painting is really crude
and the Metal wire drawing is not really so perfect at all.

but i think its just cheap price then others , with a normal quality.

That really stinks for those that are getting shields like that. It does not look like oxidation that would be paint coming off. They have shields with overspray. The paint on both of my shields is stellar. Again you will see the bad more than the good in those sites like facebook. Not saying defects do not happen, but people tend to accentuate the negatives for one reason or another. Most of the time to talk themselves out of buying things.

As for the back of the shield , if people are running around like junior captain Americas, these straps will not hold up to harsh play. They are on there for aesthetics and otherwise you are taking risks for damage and the product to break. The finish is fine as well, again who is going to display the shield backwards?:cuckoo:

At least the King arts shield is acurate with the large and small grip rig areas are more inset to the middle of the shield. This is correct unlike the other knockoffs and the lager that is a mirrored set on each side equally apart. I give King Arts props for getting that detail into the shield.

Who would attached belts to carry it around ? I personally don't care about the leather straps "feeling" authentic or not. My concern is just the front of the shield. From what I've seen there are some bad paint jobs and some good ones. Like anything else in this hobby you take your chances with the collectibles you purchase.

I for one am thinking of returning mine, not having opening it, simply because not sure if I'll have room for it in my collection at the moment.

To get the shield off the pedestal, is there 4 screws to remove or just 2?

Has anyone done a video review?

There are 4 screws. It took some doing, but they came off. One thing that I noticed is that the stand actually holds the strap brackets. Once the shield is in place the screws go in pretty easy.

Last edited:
Wow, those shields look like they got a fungus infection. And those really got like that a month after the fact? I may steer away now.

Thanks, got it out! Looks so beautiful! I'll try to get pics posted when I can. Working a shoot with Clooney tomorrow so might be next week. I think mine turned out great. :yess:

Thanks, got it out! Looks so beautiful! I'll try to get pics posted when I can. Working a shoot with Clooney tomorrow so might be next week. I think mine turned out great. :yess:

That a boy!:clap

One tip when you take the screws out and set them back use the foam under the shield it came with to brace it against the stand. This will help prevent scratching when taking it out or reattaching it. Can't wait to see pics! :hi5:

KING ARTS now in Hong Kong and Taiwan is many bad comment... many people complain in Facebook, but King Arts DELETE their comment and no reply...
for the shield some people got Oxidation when they get it back home after one month...
many people is got like this... but they delete the comment on Facebook page...

Any USA buyers with this same issue??? Perhaps they did not treat the metal properly?

Have to agree, that's pretty discouraging. Has KA or retailers offered replacements?

From what I read, this issue is mainly coming from the wall plaque version and it is overspray not oxidation. My guess is they were coating them down a assembly line and paint is getting sprayed over to the edges of the next shield on a belt.

I've read several people have taken the shields back to KA and they have replaced them no questions asked. It appears this is a launch issue with the first set of shields. I have not read of any issues in the US for pedestal versions. Also it did not look like Sean Long's wall plaque has these issues, unless that was filtered out I have not heard anything to the contrary.

Back