Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ I agree, that proto pic really sold me but the EFX paint job from afar looks more like that than the final KA version. We need a poll attached on top to see what people think, haha. I polled some friends to see which shield "looks" better and the majority (almost all) like the KA version better. Is the cheaper leather straps on the KA strong enough to carry the shield around for long periods or will it start to detach/break since it is a much heavier shield? I think there are different areas to judge the shields on, from aesthetics to construction to accessories, etc..

You have very smart friends. Its not even close for me visually.

Sorry man, I cannot give any comment on leather durability. I would say with any of these its as much the leather as the quality of the pop rivets holding on to it. I would also recommend if you have either shield, that if you wanted to run around with it and sling the shield around then go the surplus or leather store and buy some high quality leather that is rated to hold like 300LBS of tension and get it installed. These were made for display and to use them for any other purpose is at your own risk and peril.

^^ I agree, that proto pic really sold me but the EFX paint job from afar looks more like that than the final KA version. We need a poll attached on top to see what people think, haha. I polled some friends to see which shield "looks" better and the majority (almost all) like the KA version better. Is the cheaper leather straps on the KA strong enough to carry the shield around for long periods or will it start to detach/break since it is a much heavier shield? I think there are different areas to judge the shields on, from aesthetics to construction to accessories, etc..

The KA does look fantastic as a standalone Cap shield. If you are not worried about accuracy/lineage it is the way to go.
In regards to the straps, it sounds like you will only be carrying it for a day to get it signed by Stan the Man and I highly doubt the straps would break over the course of a day or two. Worst scenario, get a case or even just wrap it and add a temporary strap to your packaging to facilitate Con attendance.

Either way I would be hesitant to carry an exposed aluminum shield around. The shield is big an cumbersome and you will bump into people, tables and doorways.

Here's some daytime and nighttime photos of the KA Classic. Also shots of the paint on the spun metal surface as well.
This paint is just crazy with character it can be dark or light. All based on light source.

Daytime direct sunlight - The blue and red almost go transparent out in direct light. Looks completely different outside. Makes me think the promos were shot in a pure white light box, cause the colors get closer to the promo pics when in direct sunlight. The different shading is nuts.

Nighttime colors

Daytime colors

758EDA8F-A2C8-4AD8-BBC9-D2596B21DC61_zpsls7vtvgr.jpg

Last edited:
Added another set of direct sunlight pics above. Best set of shots I think to show what you are getting in hand. Its all about the gloss on the finish. When the KA can capture light, the shimmering effect on the topcoat reflects the natural light quite well.

looks nice, If I could fine one for a descent price, I'd prolly go with it. The Lager is nice too, but no display options and it's almost $900 for that one.

Has anyone got the Loki scepter in hand yet?

Mine is in Chicago but apparently getting through the USPS customs there can take months if it doesn't get lost there somehow. This is the first time I've had a package come through this way but from what I've been reading, this location or process is just notoriously atrocious. I hope my package clears soon or else I'll have to file a claim and make the seller deal with the horrible shipping problems.

Mine is in Chicago but apparently getting through the USPS customs there can take months if it doesn't get lost there somehow. This is the first time I've had a package come through this way but from what I've been reading, this location or process is just notoriously atrocious. I hope my package clears soon or else I'll have to file a claim and make the seller deal with the horrible shipping problems.

What a nightmare bro :( so shipping mine to the United Kingdom will be even worse no doubt?

I know it is sold out but where do you normally buy king art stuff ? Thanks.

Ebay is pretty much the best place. The KA figures are available on BBTS, the chargers and the 1:9 scale. People are saying they cannot actually have their 1:1 props sold through NA distributors. I am beginning to think that is true. BBTS sold all of their props off site on Ebay that they recieved and customers did not take delivery on, which is definitely supporting evidence to no NA distribution license.

If you want something best bet is to get it on the bay.

Yeah, there are a few pictures floating around. I'm on my phone right now so it's hard to post them but you can view them at this link. One of the very last posts. King Arts International Limited - Marvel Licensed Products and more - Page 5

Personally, I think it looks bad. It resembles a toy more than it does a prop replica. I have seen better customs at the RPF.

I was very disappointed in it. I got extremely lucky and the vendor did not ship it out to me yet and I was able to cancel over this weekend. I've seen some bad pictures of it, broken gems and chippy finishes. Complaints I read were also of no weight to the staff and very plastic feel. The stand base was given good remarks but the arms of the stand are cheap plastic.

I held on to the Stark Arc and Box as that appears to be another solid piece. But I could not pay that coin for the staff the way it came out.Sucks I really wanted that to come out great, such a unique piece.

Ebay is pretty much the best place. The KA figures are available on BBTS, the chargers and the 1:9 scale. People are saying they cannot actually have their 1:1 props sold through NA distributors. I am beginning to think that is true. BBTS sold all of their props off site on Ebay that they recieved and customers did not take delivery on, which is definitely supporting evidence to no NA distribution license.

If you want something best bet is to get it on the bay.

I wonder if the KA will be more sought after in the future due to the lack of availability to get them here in the US. Other than BBTS, Ebay and Midtown comics (who have yet to get them in stock) there aren't any other dealers carrying them.

I wonder if the KA will be more sought after in the future due to the lack of availability to get them here in the US. Other than BBTS, Ebay and Midtown comics (who have yet to get them in stock) there aren't any other dealers carrying them.

They dropped the ball with Loki's staff, but they hit it out of the park with the classic pedestal shield. One look at it and you know that thing is metal and it will hurt you if it falls on your foot.:lol

Yeah, there are a few pictures floating around. I'm on my phone right now so it's hard to post them but you can view them at this link. One of the very last posts. King Arts International Limited - Marvel Licensed Products and more - Page 5

Personally, I think it looks bad. It resembles a toy more than it does a prop replica. I have seen better customs at the RPF.

Thanks man, just had a look. Really disappointed :( especially the battery compartment and the marvel logo. Could've been done so much better! Think I may cancel this from BBTS now!

They dropped the ball with Loki's staff, but they hit it out of the park with the classic pedestal shield. One look at it and you know that thing is metal and it will hurt you if it falls on your foot.:lol

I am waiting on my Classic version to ship :D I cant wait! This has been a grail piece for me for years now.

Are you curios to see the BD version as well ? If they knock it out of the park I will be disappointed I didn't PO it as well.

I've decided on the KA. My pile of loot should be shipping soon, hopefully today. :pray:

Awesome! What swayed you in the direction of KA ? For me it was the metal replica from the beginning. I understand those that want a screen accurate replica, but I prefer the metal idealized version.

Awesome! What swayed you in the direction of KA ? For me it was the metal replica from the beginning. I understand those that want a screen accurate replica, but I prefer the metal idealized version.

I saw the EFX at a local store in Atlanta this weekend and like everyone's been saying, up close it doesn't look that good, which is weird because from afar in the pics I've seen here, the paint app looks much better than the KA. I started a poll at a couple of spots, non-collector places, and majority think the KA looks sleeker and nicer aesthetically from comparison pics. But yeah, I like to have a metal construction and a pedestal display. I just hope they allow it in conventions and security doesn't consider it a weapon... :lol Hopefully I'll be able to take a short break and see how the KA looks in hand, and worst case, I can return it or sell it and get the EFX at the store, or if my preorder hasn't charged on BBTS yet.

Back