Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh haha, not at all. I welcome all opinions, especially of KA owners, since there are not that many as it was only shipped out recently compared to the EFX. Do you have pics of yours? Does the paint app compared to the EFX bother you at all?

I want to take good pics with proper light with my Nikon in the morning. Cleaning up my office right now and making a clean space for the pedestal.

So honestly the problem is where I got the EFX first it really puts your perspective into a clash with how different the reds are. The KA is definitely RED. The circle on the star with the blue blows the EFX out of the water for me. I have the biggest issue with the center of the EFX. The stand is very nice on the KA. The badge on the front is kind of cheap looking getting a custom plaque would perhaps be a cool add to the stand. It is made well and really is a smart system on the shield.

The straps are of lesser quality than the EFX though. But I do not Cosplay or troop, so it will spend 99% of the time facing me. So not too bothered by it, more so just happy to have a fully functional shield

Awesome, thanks! :hi5: I have about a week left to cancel I think, I un-sended my email. I would really like to get only one shield and avoid getting both and selling one later, but it doesn't seem like the EFX will charge until later in April or May. The bag was also another thing I really wanted from the EFX to carry to conventions, etc.... :lol

Dude just get a zildjian cymbol bag! It will be padded more and a hell of a better quality than that nylon one with the EFX. You can even pack a tambourine or drumsticks to play on the shield when you travel.:lol

1108883_6851_popup.jpg

It all depends on what you are looking for, both have their issues, your KA isn't perfect, it has consistent paint blotch issues and cheezy leather, but it is metal and does offer a different color shade. Some like one over the other, that will always be the case.
The comment was about being limited edition, so why are they not numbered? I know the 1:1 scale market, I have dealt with it for over 15 years and I know these manufacturer/sellers based out of china. Marvel is weak at up holding their property, if it was Lucas Films, there would be questions that would need to be answered.

:lol I will indeed look into that now, thanks for the info, haha. I wish they weren't so pricey...

Here's the rest of the info from the site that hokietwo posted :wink1:

1/1Captain America Shield
MPS004-009
DETAILS
King Arts * 1/1 Movie Props Series * 1/1Captain America Shield *
Product introduction
Product Series: 1/1 Movie props series
Product Name: 1/1 Captain America Shield
Film Authorized :<< Captain America2-The Winter Soldier>>
Product Code:
Classic Red Wall Fixed Style: MPS004
Classic Red Pedestal Style: MPS005
Stealth Blue Wall Fixed Style: MPS006
Stealth Blue Pedestal Style: MPS007
Collectible Battle Damage Wall Fixed Style: MPS008
Collectible Battle Damage Pedestal Style: MPS009
Product Specification
Wall fixed style:
Product Measurement: 85*74*11.5 CM (with bottom wood block)
Outer carton size: around 101*88*22.5 CM
Per carton weight: around 12.5 KGS
Material Used:Alloy+ Genuine leather +wood block
Packing: 1set/carton
Pedestal Style:
Product Measurement: 60*37*59 CM (with bottom wood block)
Outer carton size: around 78*53*79 CM
Per carton weight: around 10 KGS
Material Used:Alloy+ Genuine leather +wood block
Packing: 1set/carton
Pre-order information
Price: HKD 4200/ set
Pre-order Price: HKD 3990/set
VIP Pre-order Price: HKD3780/set
Order Limited Quantity Reference:
HK and Macau: 100sets for each item
Taiwan: 100sets for each item
China Mainland: 100sets for each item

Pre-order Deadline: July31st, 2014,
Target FOB HK shipment: Q4, 2014
Attention
*Local Retail Price varies.
*Final products maybe slightly different from the official pictures shown.

Product features
* Authorized by Marvel! Global exclusive sale for 6 item in different styles!
* Genuine leather straps making feeling back to the movie scene; full of reality and stability.
* Aluminum alloy making, metal drawing process, perfect on each detail of good quality.
* Senior International Movie Props Collections, you can either be a super hero or captain American!
* Local limited selling; each product has an independent limited certificate, High potential appreciation and valuable for collection.
* Exquisite fixed wall design, space saving, decorates the indoor furnishing with joy infinite.
* Rechargeable battery and power line provided for the Wall Fixed Style, circular LED backlight technology make the shield outstanding!
*High-end pedestal style, flexibility, has strong sense of manly with dominating!

It all depends on what you are looking for, both have their issues, your KA isn't perfect, it has consistent paint blotch issues and cheezy leather, but it is metal and does offer a different color shade. Some like one over the other, that will always be the case.
The comment was about being limited edition, so why are they not numbered? I know the 1:1 scale market, I have dealt with it for over 15 years and I know these manufacturer/sellers based out of china. Marvel is weak at up holding their property, if it was Lucas Films, there would be questions that would need to be answered.

I hear ya. I can't decide which pros/cons outweigh the other. :slap :gah:

It sounds to me you are more worried about the value of the item more than anything. Which if that is the selling point for everything you collect, it is for you and I respect that. However, to just assume that the KA is shotty and is a lesser product because there is not a edition size is quite a narrow opinion.

As for the cheezy leather, again I don't plan on staring at the back of the shield.

The KA is a licensed product, so why all the fuss about the edition size? It's mostly crazed fanboys that want lineaged toilet paper from Chris Evans change room that scream for that type of stuff. I'm just not that fussed over the fact that I cannot say well I have #1229 of #1500 of all the shields ever made.:dunno The casual observer and probably 100% of the people that will ever see my shield will never know or care about such things. I can say the reaction 100% of the time will be "cool! you have a captain America shield!"

Does edition size at the end of the day lessen the visual and build quality of the shield? For me no. I would take a un-numbered product 10/10 times it passes my eye and quality test.

I will try and defend KA a little bit here and say they are a young company and are just now starting out. They probably do not have expertise in the prop business right now to know all the ins and outs of the props world and what their target customer looks like. If they get a bunch of negative feedback about the edition size perhaps in the future it will be something they correct. I do not think it is fair to lump a brand new company that is aggressively trying to expand their business through props and high end collectables into a common Chinese manufacturer. Generalizing that all they make are Knockoffs is insulting to acuse them for that without proper proof.

Never mind I just put two and two together Propboy. You own a collectibles store and sell efx. I actually bought a efx tie fighter from you on ebay. Clear as glass why you are pumping up the efx shields now. I do love the Tie Fighter though and you do ship quick and safe!!!! :lol

Never mind I just put two and two together Propboy. You own a collectibles store and sell efx. I actually bought a efx tie fighter from you on ebay. Clear as glass why you are pumping up the efx shields now. I do love the Tie Fighter though and you do ship quick and safe!!!! :lol

That EFX shield sounds like total crap I will give you $250 to get it out of the way of your treadmill, i might be able to use it as a salad plate for Thanksgiving of something.

:wink1:

All I am saying is, if your say its limited edition and you advertise how many you made, number your product.

I don't know how the prominent curve on the EFX can be anything but a positive as:

A) it is screen accurate
B) it totally makes sense if being used to diffuse the energy of force and projectiles while concealing a body.

I love the look of the King Arts shield, and its display options. It is in many respects more pleasing to the eye at a glance. Having said that the "artistic license" that King Arts took by adding all black lines and the way the shield is put together kills its authenticity to me and, while licensed, gives it a knockoff look.

Additionally the paint on the EFX just 'glows', hence why it looks so amazing in all the pictures and videos we have seen. The KA shield is red; but too dark red, bordering on maroon. Furthermore the clear coat they used killed its metallic shimmer, (look at it versus a unlicensed Lager or Fields), to say nothing of the prevalent flaws in said clear coat.

Like I said the KA is gorgeous, but to call the EFX a 'salad bowl' is ridiculous and out to lunch. Some of your "vested interest" accusations are reflected back on yourself as a result...

I don't know how the prominent curve on the EFX can be anything but a positive as:

A) it is screen accurate
B) it totally makes sense if being used to diffuse the energy of force and projectiles while concealing a body.

I love the look of the King Arts shield, and its display options. It is in many respects more pleasing to the eye at a glance. Having said that the "artistic license" that King Arts took by adding all black lines and the way the shield is put together kills its authenticity to me and, while licensed, gives it a knockoff look.

Additionally the paint on the EFX just 'glows', hence why it looks so amazing in all the pictures and videos we have seen. The KA shield is red; but too dark red, bordering on maroon. Furthermore the clear coat they used killed its metallic shimmer, (look at it versus a unlicensed Lager or Fields), to say nothing of the prevalent flaws in said clear coat.

Like I said the KA is gorgeous, but to call the EFX a 'salad bowl' is ridiculous and out to lunch. Some of your "vested interest" accusations are reflected back on yourself as a result...

Again as I said before if you are into the accuracy that is fine. But my eyes don't lie to me and the EFX shield finish against the king arts is not even close.

Did you really justify the salad bowl shape with a reasoning it is curved for energy force and projectiles?:lol

The fact of the matter is a move screen is one dimentional and while the EFX may be pulled right from the stunt shield and have some special lineage to the prop, in the 3 dimensional "real world" the depth of the sheild has a more bulbous look which you will not ever be able to get a proper depth perception from a 1D flat movie screen.

Since you do not have the KA shield I do not think that you can really comment about the red it is definitely not maroon.
I think you would need to see both in person to compare the two fairly.

Here's a quick iPhone snap of the shield in natural light, although it is overcast and raining where I live. My finish for the red and blue is absolutely perfect No paint flaws at all. That stinks that other people may have that issue, mine does not.

I too am finding myself flicking the shield :lol Its like sweet music. After taking the screws off and it is just laying on the pedestal, that metal vibrates for quite a few seconds. Just like the Avengers or winter solder movie sound when cap would sling the shield. :yess:

I think that your debate that the shield is flat because your TV is flat is far more laughable than the suggestion that I put forth that the curve in the shield, while not only 110% screen accurate and determined from the molds that made the ones Chris Evans carried, would be curved because the laws of physics Tel us that force will change and dissipate to a larger extent when striking a rounded object versus a flat one.

The FACT of the matter is that the shield IS curved; the best example of this is the subway rescue scene in the Avengers when Cap curls behind the shield to protect himself from the Chitauri grenade.

That said I have never disparaged the King Arts shield, in fact I have often complimented it. It looks great. That look however has NEVER been utilized on screen and as such it is a poor movie replica but a gorgeous idealized Cap shield IMHO.

Attachments

• guess-the-bucky-reveal-is-for-trailer-2 (2).jpg
    guess-the-bucky-reveal-is-for-trailer-2 (2).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 180
These shots while there are some lens distortion kind of show the curve on the EFX. The other issue that is making it so bulbous is the blue center ring. The EFX shield is sunken into the shield and it does not have a natural curve of a truly spun metal shield. It exaggerates the shape and optically gives It the bulbous curve when looking at it against the KA.

Also the brim of the shield on the EFX is about 50% taller on the EFX and it optically accentuates the curve as well since it gives the geometric appearance that the angle of the shield is less acute than the thinner band on the King Arts. If that makes sense. :lol Science! Geometry!

Again I am just giving my view of the shields. If a person was on the fence and had the opportunity to purchase one or the other, this information may prove useful to help someone get characteristics of a shield they want vs. something they do not.

doubkm.jpg

View attachment 176108

I think that your debate that the shield is flat because your TV is flat is far more laughable than the suggestion that I put forth that the curve in the shield, while not only 110% screen accurate and determined from the molds that made the ones Chris Evans carried, would be curved because the laws of physics Tel us that force will change and dissipate to a larger extent when striking a rounded object versus a flat one.

The FACT of the matter is that the shield IS curved; the best example of this is the subway rescue scene in the Avengers when Cap curls behind the shield to protect himself from the Chitauri grenade.

That said I have never disparaged the King Arts shield, in fact I have often complimented it. It looks great. That look however has NEVER been utilized on screen and as such it is a poor movie replica but a gorgeous idealized Cap shield IMHO.

Nice try bra, that's CGI go find a real pic of the shield. Yeah using real world planar geometry is far less scientific than defending the curve vs. a Chitauri bomb. Geeeeeesh.:lol BTW that doesn't even come into play for the curve. Both shields will lay flat on the ground as they have cut edges. However much of chris evans stuffs himself into the shield only enhances my point the shield is more bulbous using your logic. That comment was more funny than actually explaining anything.

Let's keep it factual of what these shields actually look like and not have a movie cannon fictitious speculation debate of why the shield is the way it is.

These shots while there are some lens distortion kind of show the curve on the EFX. The other issue that is making it so bulbous is the blue center ring. The EFX shield is sunken into the shield and it does not have a natural curve of a truly spun metal shield. It exaggerates the shape and optically gives It the bulbous curve when looking at it against the KA.

Also the brim of the shield on the EFX is about 50% taller on the EFX and it optically accentuates the curve as well since it gives the geometric appearance that the angle of the shield is less acute than the thinner band on the King Arts. If that makes sense. :lol Science! Geometry!

Again I am just giving my view of the shields. If I was on the fence and had the opportunity to purchase one or the other, this information may prove useful to help someone get characteristics of a shield they want vs. something they do not.

I guess we have differing opinions on the prevalence of the curve, I view it as a positive.

I will say this; if the KA turned out as it appeared in the solicitations, it would have been the perfect piece to my eyes as well.
$_12.jpg

^^ I agree, that proto pic really sold me but the EFX paint job from afar looks more like that than the final KA version. We need a poll attached on top to see what people think, haha. I polled some friends to see which shield "looks" better and the majority (almost all) like the KA version better. Is the cheaper leather straps on the KA strong enough to carry the shield around for long periods or will it start to detach/break since it is a much heavier shield? I think there are different areas to judge the shields on, from aesthetics to construction to accessories, etc..

Back