Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one who thinks the paint apps on the Lager shield look incredible? For a metal finish at least. So they're doing the Rescue shield as well?

I imagine the "original/classic kite" shield, or any of the styles in that Facebook post/pic are available upon request. I am surprised there is no Lager product on eBay as CatToys has a ton of the same type of product up there. I recognized Lagers packaging so I think they may have operated there at one point but moved away from it.

I agree that they look great in the few available pictures. Toycrypt has the clean and BD coming I believe. I am waiting for his pics/review and experience and may ask them to make me a shield with TFA style BD on it as these are seemingly made to order.

Yep, depending on which run and improvements he made they ranged from around 600 to close to a grand.

How many are out there and why did he pack it in? I tried in vain to get in on a commissioning a piece late in the game.

I think Marvel ordered a cease and desist when they caught wind of it. Pretty lame of them.

Gotcha. I think he may dabble in the (film) industry so I can see why he complied. I guess understand Disney/Marvel's perspective as they would be remiss to turn a blind eye to someone profiting from something they sell others a license to do. I also don't imagine that the legitimate licensees stay quite and let these fan-producers be.

Yeah fastball is correct. They sent him a c and d letter so he had to stop making them. I don't blame marvel either even though these were just small fan made runs. I think his shields caught a lot of attention just because they were so exceptionally well made and that Chris Field was starting to become a household name associated with Captain America shields, lol.

See once marvel sends a C and D letter to Lager it will make mine all that more valuable.....:nana:

Yeah that'll be a good sign if marvel decides to c and d lager. That means they feel their products would be a threat, lol.

See once marvel sends a C and D letter to Lager it will make mine all that more valuable.....:nana:

Yeah that'll be a good sign if marvel decides to c and d lager. That means they feel their products would be a threat, lol.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they have already hence the manner that they have to facilitate sales. Aside from that it is significantly more difficult to go after anyone internationally hence the rampant Copyright and patent infringements in so many external markets.

I just noticed the reviewer said it was $500 from BBTS. That info was a little off. I think the shield is completely metal except for the leather straps, of course. When he hit the shield with his knuckles, it sounded completely metal. He also said it was partly wood. But I think the only thing that was wood was the wall mount itself. The red colour of the shield in the video looked a little too solid in shade. It should have looked a little more translucent metallic. But hoping that it will look better in hand.

Why did it have to be Sean Long?

Anyway it looks great. And so we can now say that it will come off and go on the wall mount without trouble?

The video confirmed that this will be my Cap shield. The metal is really the selling point for me. Cant wait!

I too am (im)patiently waiting for BBTS to get these in. Everytime I email them they say there isn't an estimated date :(

Back