Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't visited for a while but landed on the page to follow up on the King Arts offering. Those last pic's look great and it is a gorgeous shield but there is an inaccuracy in the placement of the star or layout of he rings that bugs me. That and the color has always looked off - clearly now it is too dark.

Having received the eFX version I am quite content to cancel my order for the clean KA version. The only thing superior with the KA is the detail on the star out of the box. I darkened the lines on mine and am not left wanting.

I desired a shield that looked like it was ripped from he film and eFX nailed it.

Wow. Strong statement, Matches!!! :rock Glad to hear eFX doesn't disappoint. I'd love for KA to do the same, but I'm growing impatient.

When you see an eFX in hand you will see that it IS the shield you saw on film. I can't wait to see some side by side pictures.

Of the KA's offerings I would lean towards Battle Damaged on the pedestal (while the lights are sweet the wall mount the mount itself is horrible. Having said that the shield never had the battle damage KA's employed on it in the/any film. The shield only had that "stripped" look in a teaser poster for TWS.

Ultimately would like to get a BD version but with the more subtle "bullet strike" look seen in TFA.

I haven't visited for a while but landed on the page to follow up on the King Arts offering. Those last pic's look great and it is a gorgeous shield but there is an inaccuracy in the placement of the star or layout of he rings that bugs me. That and the color has always looked off - clearly now it is too dark.

Having received the eFX version I am quite content to cancel my order for the clean KA version. The only thing superior with the KA is the detail on the star out of the box. I darkened the lines on mine and am not left wanting.

I desired a shield that looked like it was ripped from he film and eFX nailed it.

I'm sorry... where exactly do you see inaccuracy on the placement of the rings or star?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Is it darker than eFX? Yes, it is. I think the richer, darker colors look much better than the orange-red eFX gave us.

These pics of it are dark to begin with, so I am sure in-hand, the KA one has a much better presence.

Bottom line is that NEITHER one of these shields ended up screen-accurate.
King Arts has a WAY better display stand, though.

Here is a brand-new in-hand pic of the eFX shield... look at how lost the detailing is.
The paint is so thick that the whole look of the shield just became "soft".

The size of the star an lay of the circles could be what I see as off.

Regarding the color, the red is nice and rich on the KA but it is not at all reflective of an on screen color. The fact is that eFX worked with the actual prop makers to nail the color, which they did.

As far as the "softness" goes that is just wrong. There is a significant groove in every band and around the blue circle on the eFX. The only thing that was soft is the detail on the star. The pedestal is sweet but I will be going for a wall display and the KA wall mount appears to be lacking save the LEDs.

I'm having a hell of a time negotiating the site on my phone but there are some pics of mine and others here that convey the depth of the grooves.
EFX - Captain America Shield - Page 37 - Statue Forum

The size of the star an lay of the circles could be what I see as off.

Regarding the color, the red is nice and rich on the KA but it is not at all reflective of an on screen color. The fact is that eFX worked with the actual prop makers to nail the color, which they did.

As far as the "softness" goes that is just wrong. There is a significant groove in every band and around the blue circle on the eFX. The only thing that was soft is the detail on the star. The pedestal is sweet but I will be going for a wall display and the KA wall mount appears to be lacking save the LEDs.

I'm having a hell of a time negotiating the site on my phone but there are some pics of mine and others here that convey the depth of the grooves.
EFX - Captain America Shield - Page 37 - Statue Forum

No doubt that the KA wall mounted versions suck, they really do. The frame paint and built are shoddy.

The star is the most important part of the shield, IMO. To see all the grooves covered up by thick paint just looks bad.
The above picture shows that pretty darn well. After looking at your pics from statue forum, the grooves in the
circles look much better... the star still could use some help.

Again, my complaints are mainly based off the price of the thing. The eFX Mjolnir was damn near perfect, for the same price.

Bottom line is that NEITHER one of these shields ended up screen-accurate.

It's based on a SCREEN USED shield, how can it not be screen accurate? :lol I think you're confusing these fiberglass shields from Avengers with the aluminum hero shields in TFA. For an Avengers Cap shield, this is as screen accurate as you'll get on the market. For those who want the TFA hero, KA comes the closest though they screwed up the paint job and we've yet to see in-hand impressions. If you really want the closest thing to an aluminum hero shield, find someone who'll part with their Chris Fields unlicensed shield (good luck).

It's based on a SCREEN USED shield, how can it not be screen accurate? :lol I think you're confusing these fiberglass shields from Avengers with the aluminum hero shields in TFA. For an Avengers Cap shield, this is as screen accurate as you'll get on the market. For those who want the TFA hero, KA comes the closest though they screwed up the paint job and we've yet to see in-hand impressions. If you really want the closest thing to an aluminum hero shield, find someone who'll part with their Chris Fields unlicensed shield (good luck).
Don't even have to do that necessarily, unless you absolutely must have a screen-accurate interior. Can snag a blank, brackets/handles, and a star from the RPF fairly easily, and there's a guy that assembles and finishes them on there as well. Comes up to roughly the same cost as the KA, and you can be sure you'll get the finish you want.

That said, for my money if I had to choose one of these it would be the eFX hands down. Really not a fan of the colors or finish on the KA shield.

Don't care about either efx or KA differences im getting both! Love the Avengers EFX shield accuracy and the KA metallic look and colour :) what would be the point of both shields being exactly the same 'accuracy'

Don't even have to do that necessarily, unless you absolutely must have a screen-accurate interior. Can snag a blank, brackets/handles, and a star from the RPF fairly easily, and there's a guy that assembles and finishes them on there as well. Comes up to roughly the same cost as the KA, and you can be sure you'll get the finish you want.

That said, for my money if I had to choose one of these it would be the eFX hands down. Really not a fan of the colors or finish on the KA shield.

Another option is to get the KA shield and re-do the paint yourself, if you have the ability. If you hire someone it'll probably end up running over $1K in total, yikes. With the right paint and finish, I think 99% of collectors out there can live with the slight inaccuracies of the KA shield design.

I'd say both look great. It looks like the 'perfect' piece would be inbetween what eFx and KAs gave us. Does anyone have in-hand pieces of the wall mount KA shield?

I'd say both look great. It looks like the 'perfect' piece would be inbetween what eFx and KAs gave us. Does anyone have in-hand pieces of the wall mount KA shield?

I've been waiting to see some in hand photos for a while. Midtown comics keeps pushing their expected date back. It's now Feb 11th. I foresee it getting bumped back a month or two with all the port strikes.

I've been waiting to see some in hand photos for a while. Midtown comics keeps pushing their expected date back. It's now Feb 11th. I foresee it getting bumped back a month or two with all the port strikes.

Any news from BBTS??

I can't figure out what's going on.

Any news from BBTS??

I can't figure out what's going on.

They are still awaiting the ones for those who pre ordered. They took them off for future orders but here's what they told me:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Captain America Shields by King Arts. Please note that we have recently removed this listing from our website and will no longer be offering the shields to our customers once preorders have been fulfilled. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for customers that were waiting for the shields to arrive in stock before placing their order. For customers that already have a Captain America Shield on preorder, please note that your preorder has been confirmed and we have every reason to believe that all existing preorders will be filled.

Thank you for your understanding and please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Have a great day!

They are still awaiting the ones for those who pre ordered. They took them off for future orders but here's what they told me:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Captain America Shields by King Arts. Please note that we have recently removed this listing from our website and will no longer be offering the shields to our customers once preorders have been fulfilled. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for customers that were waiting for the shields to arrive in stock before placing their order. For customers that already have a Captain America Shield on preorder, please note that your preorder has been confirmed and we have every reason to believe that all existing preorders will be filled.

Thank you for your understanding and please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Hmmmm, good to know. I'm curious why that don't keep POs open though. This thing sold pretty quickly, I thought.

The replacement power core function...AMAZING!!! So bottomline: King Arts knows what they're doing. :rock

Back