Killzone 3?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so intrigued as to the move and the sharpshooter. Really thinking about trying it out. But the damn reviews are so mixed?

^ most of the reviews i've read dont even bother to mention much about move and 3d, yet when the move and kinect were launched they all hyped them so much, now they dont bother to review them properly.

I love the move with Killzone 3

I've yet to be able to get into a game. Everytime I try I get server errors. Not sure what the problem is so it looks like I'm gonna miss out. The bot battle is pretty fun...controls are still kinda wonky though.

I wonder if the campaign is 6 or so hours long....lot of comments about how short it is...if true, that is way, way too short

Seems fine to me. I'm buying it mostly for the online anyway. I think a lot of people are so use to the single player campaign being the main chunk of a game, when people need to switch their thinking. You're not just paying for a campaign.

People want mult-player, so their dev time gets spent on that and single-player suffers.

If you people really want quality single-player, stop showing them that you only play multi-player by making CoD the best selling franchise of our day.

Seems fine to me. I'm buying it mostly for the online anyway. I think a lot of people are so use to the single player campaign being the main chunk of a game, when people need to switch their thinking. You're not just paying for a campaign.

arnie-wrong.gif

Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Mass Effect & Bioshock are just some of the best franchises in gaming that DON'T need Multiplayer.

Most FPS games do need competitive multiplayer otherwise they're boring, (Borderlands aside), but that's just one genre.

This is the kind of thinking that put the gaming industry in this situation. More devs are concentrating solely on MP that they just don't care for SP because they know people will buy the game anyways. IMO it's kind of a lame excuse. Same in regards to graphics. Devs spend so much of their resources on making the games look great that story and level design almost take a backseat.

It would be nice if there was a Move bundle...I would check it out then...

I'd definitely consider buying a bundle if there was one available. I wouldn't be surprised if there are different bundles come Xmas time.

arnie-wrong.gif

Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Mass Effect & Bioshock are just some of the best franchises in gaming that DON'T need Multiplayer.

Most FPS games do need competitive multiplayer otherwise they're boring, (Borderlands aside), but that's just one genre.

Uhhh, duh. There's a lot of strong games that aren't mean to have multiplayer, but a lot of games were multiplayer is much stronger than the single player campaign. I never said this nor I am wrong, please read what I write. I said gamers need to switch their thinking that most games should and need to have a strong single player experience in order to be worth it. When that isn't the case anymore a lot of games multiplayer is what people are buying it for. I never brought in the fact that single player games are suppose to multi tacked on ever.

This is the kind of thinking that put the gaming industry in this situation. More devs are concentrating solely on MP that they just don't care for SP because they know people will buy the game anyways. IMO it's kind of a lame excuse. Same in regards to graphics. Devs spend so much of their resources on making the games look great that story and level design almost take a backseat..

No it's not. Certain games shouldn't have single player, and others shouldn't have multiplayer. Not every game needs to offer both. My quote and way of thinking isn't what put the gaming industry "in this situation", it was pressure from studio execs saying hey that COD/Halo franchises people buy like hot cakes has multiplayer, so we need to add that to a game that shouldn't have it, nor needs it.

The fact that a game needs a storyline or campaign that is 'x' amount long, or hard, or whatever is something this industry needs to buck.

There are however far more games that only need a solo single player experience than those that only need a Multiplayer experience.

BFBC2 for me is only a Multiplayer game, Single Player seemed tacked-on, boring and under-developed

Bioshock 2 for me is only a Single Player game, Multiplayer seemed tacked-on, boring and under-needed.

notice the difference between the ending of the above sentences, the reason is...

Making a smooth, engaging and excellent, long lasting single player game is much easier than making a smooth, engaging, long lasting Multiplayer game.

Multiplayer-centric games currently still need a single-player experience as 5/10 games with Multiplayer-focus fail because they cannot captivate their audience for long, COD is a great example of a winning formula that kept people hooked (until BC2 came along :lecture)

Multiplayer-centric games currently still need a single-player experience as 5/10 games with Multiplayer-focus fail because they cannot captivate their audience for long, COD is a great example of a winning formula that kept people hooked (until BC2 came along :lecture)

Well maybe for you, but not the majority of gamers. BC2 feels wrong in my hands, I don't like how it feels, how it handles, how it looks...everything about the turd really.

Speaking of which the open beta menus for KZ3 are terrible...that generic red and black that hurts my eyes. They are totally different than the closed beta ones, which were closer to KZ2. I hope these aren't the final designs.

There are however far more games that only need a solo single player experience than those that only need a Multiplayer experience.

BFBC2 for me is only a Multiplayer game, Single Player seemed tacked-on, boring and under-developed

Bioshock 2 for me is only a Single Player game, Multiplayer seemed tacked-on, boring and under-needed.

notice the difference between the ending of the above sentences, the reason is...

Making a smooth, engaging and excellent, long lasting single player game is much easier than making a smooth, engaging, long lasting Multiplayer game.

BC2 story mode was alright not great but yeah could have been better but Bioshock 2 MP was pretty darn fun when I played it quite a bit.

As far as COD making a MP that kept people going. Well, that really was because early on outside of Halo not many games gave folks a chance to play with no stupid cheater/glitchers, horrible lag, etc. Now, I believe fans have started to wise up to COD being a fun game but one that allows folks to cheat more than others.

Last edited:
BC2 story mode was alright not great but yeah could have been better but Bioshock 2 MP was pretty darn fun when I played it quite a bit.

As far as COD making a MP that kept people going. Well, that really was because early on outside of Halo not many games gave folks a chance to play with no stupid cheater/glitchers, horrible lag, etc. Now, I believe fans have started to wise up to COD being a fun game but one that allows folks to cheat more than others.

Even though it wasn't as good as the single player experience, I agree...the Bioshock 2 MP was damn fun.

BC2 is the best online FPS on the market, every other modern war game is limited, no vehicles (or poorly integrated), No squad emphasis, smaller maps, balancing issues.

BC2 fixes and improves on these in every way, not to mention a full expansion for £10 that has 5 maps, new voice-work/character designs, new vehicles and guns, not just new and recylced maps for the same price.

"First strike" PAH! ROFL!!!

(Keep in mind i was a COD fanboy before i discovered BC2 not so long ago, i was amazed by the sheer expanse over everything other FPS's have, i felt incredibly annoyed that i didn't find BC2 sooner and that those who haven't are still suffering with other more publicized games)

With KZ3 i feel the Online has been altered to make a more fun, faster experience than KZ2.

My biggest gripe with the online FPS market is either running around and not finding anyone to shoot or be shot by, waits between re-spawning, overpowered knifing, un-balanced weapons for new players....

I re-played Bioshock 2 for the trophies recently and had to try out the online, i wasn't impressed, it was small, funneled and i basically got one-shot deaths from people who had unlocked far more powerful weapons a few moments after i spawned, nothing grabbed me about it, the controls, maps, weapons and so forth just didn't pull me to come back.

Even though it wasn't as good as the single player experience, I agree...the Bioshock 2 MP was damn fun.

Not just picking on you Starkiller but WAS???....

Loads of games have online multiplayer but how many really have people coming back, let's say 107,000 people bought Quantum of solace (for example), and 22,000 are playing right now at this moment, how many would you all think are online??

Another issue i have with games becoming online only, is very simple, five years from now how many people will be in the lobbies, a game could've had two sequels by now or the franchise has folded?

The game is now dead, money gone, the game can only be played if there are others who are playing as well.

There may be now, but in the future a Single-Player game will always be accessible, one of my favorite games of all time is KOTOR, if that was online only, at this minute there would likely be no one playing, it's a previous generation game that not many people would still have/still put on at the same time as me.

Again though this is talking about the majority of games becoming multiplayer only, which hasn't taken root yet.

I do recall an EA bloke saying that single player games are dead, so my above rant is mostly anger at that dope, he said that just before the release of Dead Space 2 a ME2 for PS3, smart business statement to get sales in his loopy world!!

Last edited:

I agree mostly.

People don't need to switch their thinking yet, not everyone is online, has time for, or like's online... but Game Review Sites and Magazines do!

Certain games need a far more comprehensive review of every aspect, not just the single player

Review sites like IGN, (to name one) should overhaul their reviewing system.

this is how I'd do it...

Gamplay Element Review

Graphics
Sound
Controls
Settings and options available
Additional features: DLC, Future Planned DLC, Motion Control options, 3DTV options and other such additional information.

Review Score for Gameplay Elements: ?/10

Single-Player Review

Voice Acting
Story
Pacing
Features/details about the single player experience

Review Score for Single Player: ?/10

Multiplayer Review

Gamplay features (what's on offer in this game that set's it apart from other games of the same genre)
Setup/Lobby type
Unlocking system/Class sytem
Connection/LAG experience

Review for Multiplayer: ?/10

Combined Review Score: ?/10

Reviewing Games and hyping games are their bread-and-butter, why not go all out and give the consumer every bit of info about the game, they spend enough time teasing about it give us the climax in style, not a single thrust and peck on the cheek.

Back