Killjoys (SyFy)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone try this out? I am liking it so far. Three really solid leads. A fun space-based show about bounty hunters. A decent amount of style, and decent effects for SyFy.

show_art_Killjoys_new.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad-we enjoy scifi shows. This could go well and it's better than so out there.

Yeah, I keep meaning to try out Dark Matter. Yay for On Demand. I did add Killjoys to the DVR list.

concept is very cool, but it needs to be fleshed out. I've enjoyed it enough to continue watching....so give it a shot

It sounded interesting (which is why I started recording it) but it's good to hear that it's worth watching. Sometimes I start recording a show and delete it before I even watch an episode since it'll get cancelled or absolutely destroyed by everyone online.

S1E3: "The Harvest"

One of the things I love about the show is Dutch and John's friendship and partnership and that it's blissfully free of some boring will they/won't they dynamic. Though I'm not sure the same thing could be said for Dutch/D'Avin, which is fine because it makes things interesting. But I really loved the end scene between them, and it was nice to see John a bit more out in the field after the first two episodes, where he was a BIT more of the "thinker" of the group. I like the world-building that goes on in this episode, too, as we see some of the animosity between different moon-dwellers with the lady who refused to sell the medication at first.

Speaking of the medication, I thought Doctor Pawter Simms made a good first impression. Just judging by IMDB (I did not catch her name on the show, so I had to look it up) it seems like she'll be a regular. I wouldn't mind learning about Dutch's red box (that is not a euphemism) soon. I'd just love to know what her current assignment is supposed to be. I hope they don't drag it out too long.

I am liking the one-and-done format of the show. And the character work is really strong. I wouldn't mind even more of a stronger arc for the characters at some point. It doesn't even have to happen in the first season, but eventually it'd be nice to give them all something with a little more drive to struggle for. Right now it's mostly about getting by, with only hints here and there. Which, again, is great for a start. But I do hunger for a little more meat to sink my teeth into.

S1E3: "The Harvest"

One of the things I love about the show is Dutch and John's friendship and partnership and that it's blissfully free of some boring will they/won't they dynamic. Though I'm not sure the same thing could be said for Dutch/D'Avin, which is fine because it makes things interesting. But I really loved the end scene between them, and it was nice to see John a bit more out in the field after the first two episodes, where he was a BIT more of the "thinker" of the group. I like the world-building that goes on in this episode, too, as we see some of the animosity between different moon-dwellers with the lady who refused to sell the medication at first.

Speaking of the medication, I thought Doctor Pawter Simms made a good first impression. Just judging by IMDB (I did not catch her name on the show, so I had to look it up) it seems like she'll be a regular. I wouldn't mind learning about Dutch's red box (that is not a euphemism) soon. I'd just love to know what her current assignment is supposed to be. I hope they don't drag it out too long.

I am liking the one-and-done format of the show. And the character work is really strong. I wouldn't mind even more of a stronger arc for the characters at some point. It doesn't even have to happen in the first season, but eventually it'd be nice to give them all something with a little more drive to struggle for. Right now it's mostly about getting by, with only hints here and there. Which, again, is great for a start. But I do hunger for a little more meat to sink my teeth into.

I hope it stays that way.

Back