Premium Format Killer Croc Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crocs size still blows me away. Looking at him in the sideshow live video, he's dwarfed by a lot of statues.

by size do you mean height? size is in 3 dimensions and this is a big sculpt. If you stood him up straight he'd be huge, but the crouching pose is very appropriate for this character who lives in the sewers. IMO the sculpt and pose are great, but I can understand if you'd want him more upright to show off the overall "size"

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree on the pose being the right choice. I even mentioned it months ago. This big dude hunkered over in the sewers. But it's not just height so much as proportions as well. Croc is supposed to be taller and heavier than bane but side by side he's completely dwarfed by bane. Standing next to black canary, he looks like he'd MAYBE be 6'0 and 250lbs instead of 7'5 and 600+lbs.

Sorry if the photo is too small, I took a screenshot of the Facebook live video with my phone
Screenshot_20170623-030231.jpg

It is sideshow's version of him for sure but I'm surprised they didn't opt to bulk him up to be on par with bane unless they were worried people would be turned off by 2 giant statues.

This is another case of the character getting massive as the years have gone by. In his original appearance Croc was just a big thug with a bad skin condition. As drawn by Colan and Aparo, he's just a large man. Of course, over the years, he's been made out into a HUMONGOUS reptile (explained as a mutation of his skin disease). This PF is obviously a nod to the Colan/Aparo Croc. It's his classic (more human) look. Just like the Darkseid PF, some peeps will insist they want the monstrous size of the character instead of the OG/original look of him. In that case (just like Darkseid PF), collectors will have to wait and hope for another Croc PF from SSC or a competing company. That's just the way it is. I can't stand the Deathstroke PF (I hate it so much I can't even adequately put it into words), but I have no other choice but to hope for a revisit of the character in his classic Perez costume (or another company releasing it). That's just how it is.

In his original appearance Croc was just a big thug with a bad skin condition.

Risso's kind of draws him like that. (Love his style!)

View attachment 349116

I can't stand the Deathstroke PF (I hate it so much I can't even adequately put it into words), but I have no other choice but to hope for a revisit of the character in his classic Perez costume (or another company releasing it). That's just how it is.

Lol! My thoughts. Honestly, I have not read / seen Deathstroke a lot, but I liked the Identity Crisis version.

View attachment 349117

Would love to see another Joker too.

That Deathstroke has to be like the most hated PF that I can think of lol.

I just can't understand for the life of me what they were thinking. EVERY DC PF before and after Deathstroke is in their classic costumes. Why they would deviate from the norm on Deathstroke is both infuriating and unwanted by most collectors based on the feedback seen in the Deathstroke PF thread. As a HUGE Deathstroke fan, I was utterly disappointed when SSC revealed their Deathstroker PF.

Risso's kind of draws him like that. (Love his style!)

I'm a HUGE fan of Risso's Bat artwork. One of my favorite Batman statues is the very 1st DC Direct B&W Risso Batman statue. Risso's artwork is perfectly suited for the world of Batman.

Holy crap. This thing goes 19.5 inches deep. That's not Besta friendly at all. Once again I've preordered something that I have no spot for lol

Yeah that's what it says. When Watching it again when it was on sideshow Live. It does look really wide. Cause like the base is oval shaped so at its widest point. It'll fit in there at an angle I'm sure but I dont think it's going to with even say a Harley PF next to it for example lol.

So with this base that big that's like the size of the Groot PF. A half an inch shorter. And Groot takes up a whole Besta shelf basically from side to side. So this ones a sleeper I think. I think we'll get that big guy presence from him. I know he appears small next to Bane but at the 45 degree angle you'll be able to tell its a big guy statue. Plus at $520, not too bad by today's standards. I think if he was standing straight up they might've even wanted to add and extra $100 on there. 750 EX size. People are gonna dig this one.

Back