Premium Format Killer Croc Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that croc head is straight trash. huge seem and did they run out of paint. inside of his mouth should have some pink. such a poorly painted head sculpt.

the reg head looks fantastic. they should have only did that head = no seam and lover price and this statue would have sold double sideshow.

It's redicilous how many statues get ruined by ugly seams just so they can have more than one head.

It's redicilous how many statues get ruined by ugly seams just so they can have more than one head.

Sideshow has seams on their statues even if there is no change of head. Look at the HULK and Wolverine MAQ. The EX has a COH for Wolverine, but HULK has none. Not for the EX or the REG. Yet they made HULK's head removable and have a unnecessary and noticeable seam on his neck. This is a common practice for sideshow nowadays.

this piece looks 100X better with the reg head, so I agree that the seam was totally unnecessary. But to be perfectly honest, the seam is barely noticeable in my display.

Removeable heads are necessary. They don't want to replace a whole statue because there is a chip on the ear. Makes perfect sense. For the most part you don't notice the seam on most of their pieces.

Just to clarify, regular Croc has a removable head?

I don’t have a reg but safe to say yes. They’ve been using the exact same styrofoam for both the EX and Reg. In the past they’ve made the head attached for the Reg (sabretooth vs Wolverine dio for example) but this hasn’t been done in years.

Thank you.

Details like that are enough to discourage me from taking the trouble of buying something this big. It makes me want to stick with the standard human proportioned characters.

The Rey PF is looking really good now.

I looked around if someone could customize the Reg. headsculpt looking to the left. It would have covered the seam and would have given us another / better option for display. Asked artists / people on FB, but sadly didn't get positive responses. The answers were fair enough too; as in, most of them were interested in making a new HS from scratch rather than customizing the Reg. SS headsculpt (which might have ended up in copyright issue(s), etc). But the problem is, with the price involved in producing a new one, I don't know if good enough number of people (30-40, which would bring the cost down) would be interested. Still hopeful to find somebody who might take up the job, someday.

For me ...it was going to take more than just a custom portrait to fix this PF. Passed on this in hopes that another 1/4 scale Killer Croc statue will be made in the future.

Oh...

What did you not like about him? Pose?

I didn't like the mixed media. I didn't like his pose. And I didn't like his size.

There was a huge discussion about his size ...and I was in the camp that thought he could've been slightly bigger.

Does all of these have that massive gap seam on the ex head? Mine did so I returned it. SS says they don't have any better. So does all of the ex have a huge gap on the neck?

Last edited:
I didn't like the mixed media. I didn't like his pose. And I didn't like his size.

There was a huge discussion about his size ...and I was in the camp that thought he could've been slightly bigger.

Size was a bit of concern for me too, but I just went with the thought that another 1/4 KC from SS (or from any other company) might take ages. Also, someone's idea that he is crouching because he moves around in sewers, helped. Was okay with mixed media. Have you seen one in person, I think the pants don't look that bad. But yeah, if you have so many concerns, better not to buy one.

Does all of these have that massive gap seam on the ex head? Mine did so I returned it. SS says they don't have any better. So domain of the ex have a huge gap on the neck?

Have seen "huge" gap in some of them when folks shared pics. More than the gap, it's the fact that it is very conspicuous. You just cannot take off your eyes from that spot (I can't!). Someone said that we can have a custom collar for him, like the one he has in AA game(s), but I'd still like to go for a custom head looking to the left. That way, we can also see his entire body / sculpt too.

Size was a bit of concern for me too, but I just went with the thought that another 1/4 KC from SS (or from any other company) might take ages. Also, someone's idea that he is crouching because he moves around in sewers, helped. Was okay with mixed media. Have you seen one in person, I think the pants don't look that bad. But yeah, if you have so many concerns, better not to buy one.

Fear of missing out is never a deciding factor for me. If I pass on a statue of a character and no company makes another statue of that character, then it just wasn't meant to be. I wouldn't stress over it. I only buy statues that really appeals to me ...that way I don't have the urge to sell it later.

I did see this Killer Croc PF in person at SDCC. And the mixed media was ok, but I prefer my statues to be fully sculpted. At the most I'd accept fabric capes on occasions.

Back