Kier Valkyrie of the Dead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a retailer she has moved to January for now as an arrival from the suppliers. Doesn't mean much at the moment of course as it can get moved again but for now it's a January arrival

I'm fine with the delay.
I've already blown a ton of money this month. I appreciate Sideshow keeping us posted instead of leaving us wondering when the other shoe will drop.
This will give me something to look forward to next year.

She's a little more complex in design, actually.
Her paint app appears to be simple with no ornamentation like Gethsemoni's tattoo, but she does have
a switch out portrait, resin skull effect, the sword, body armor and a somewhat more complex base.
The only issue is, that with Sideshow delay doesn't necessarily mean quality. Often times it usually means the opposite

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

The only issue is, that with Sideshow delay doesn't necessarily mean quality. Often times it usually means the opposite

I'm not suggesting the delay has anything to do with quality control issues, just that a delay is good for my wallet - that means more money for Christmas gifts without having to save $400 for a statue dropping in the same month. :)

that's what I think is happening... things keep going back to the shop.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have to sell my Kier: Call of the Forsaken Valkyrie art print. Please message me if you're interested.

Final flex payment pushed to March. :slap

Yep. Got the same email. Not a super big deal. Just means the couple months a I had between that Flex ending and the Red Sonja one starting got moved around. So now there's no break in between. Ugh...but Xiall goes up for preorder next week...and then Kylo Ren at some point in 2016 along with hopefully a Captain Phasma PF.

SS went from having nothing I wanted, to have too many at once!

I just received two Dinosauria pieces that had issues. The fact that I get two statues with problems in one week is worrisome when talking about quality control. See the apatosaurus thread if interested.

Flex pay pushed to 3/10. I know I'll like this when I finally get it, but the COTD line has officially lost its luster for me. I'm done preordering any of these COTD statues. I've had it with the long periods between preorders for new statues and ridiculous delays for each one. I'll just check them out when each character eventually ships and see if I'm still interested. It's not like any of them are going to sell out before they ship.

Yeah same for me, it was the first Thing I ordered at Sideshow (had some six Inch Star Wars Figures before but ordered them from a german online shop) and now it's two years since I pre-ordered... didn't expect that, I have to admit. A Stormtrooper I ordered in the meantime came much earlier.

I suppose many of us got this today:

Thank you for your pre-order of the Valkyrie of the Dead - Kier - Court of the Dead Premium Format Figure (300372)!

We are working hard on your hand crafted item and wanted to update you on the arrival status of your item. We originally expected delivery of this item into our warehouse Feb - Mar 2016. However, with the updated information provided to us by our production team, this item is expected to arrive Mar - April 2016.

We apologize for the delay but we wanted to make sure we kept you updated on your item's status. Should you need to make any adjustments to your pre-order as a result of this information, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.

Anticipated Item Arrival: Mar - April 2016

I suppose many of us got this today:

Anticipated Item Arrival: Mar - April 2016

Man...this is getting pretty ridiculous. All I can hope is that it comes out in March so I won't have overlapping payments since my flex on the Red Sonja PF starts up in April.

Yup...this is crazy. I just got my delay notice today. I'm starting to get really concerned about the state of this statue. There must be several things wrong with it to have all of these delays, right? I'm not sure whether to feel better about it because they're fixing things (supposedly) or concerned because they keep finding things...

I'm sure the Chinese New Year is at least in part the reason for this delay, but getting these delay emails is really getting old. I'm not ordering another COTD piece until the production piece ships--that's if I even bother with this line after Kier.

Two and a half years ago when the COTD was introduced i was on board for as many items that SSC was going to dish out. I have Queen and Siren. Executioner and Kier on order. I'm done. The excitement of this line has faded and now I just want to get the last two statues on order and walk away. Insanely high prices and never ending delays can sure take the wind out of your sails.

Yeah, it's really ridiculous. I wanted to add Death to my collection along with Siren and Kier, but after I've seen the latest Prices and the delays, I don't think I'll get him.

Back