Ki Adi Mundi 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've still got quite a few. This one looks nice but I'm just not sure how much I'm into keeping the character. I mean he only cost me $10 bucks so I might.

I'm not in love with the expression. It's rather blank. Jedi should have an intense expression. His head's a little too shiny as well.

I'm not in love with the expression. It's rather blank. Jedi should have an intense expression. His head's a little too shiny as well.

The blank stare is pretty standard for Sideshow releases. A repaint should make him look quite nice.

Just got Ki tonight. My initial reaction is that I love the figure! Another winner from Sideshow! I even like the way the hood looks after a little adjusting. I will be on the prowl for an extra for a custom (read: kitbashed as befits my talent, or lack there of, rather) figure.

Yeah he looks a little sad to me as well, but that expression seems to fit Mundi to me, I don't know why.

And it seems when Sideshow does something other than a blank stare people get upset it may not work for the pose they want. I imagine its hard choosing an expression and a passive one is going to fit more poses/displays than various expression.

The neutral expressions work for me. They can be imagined in to a great many more poses than a specific expression. I also think that as Jedi, they are not supposed to be motivated by most emotions in a fight.

That being said, I also like the idea of an alternate headsculpt for a few of them such as a smile for Kit Fisto and anger for pre-Vader Anakin because these emotions went a little farther in to defining a few of these Jedi characters. But I would want that as maybe an exclusive or an after-market custom.

The figure looks fantastic! Can't wait to get him!!
He's a little short though; this figure should be taller than SSC's Qui-gon.
Silas Carson is at least 6'3" and with the Ki-Adi dome prosthetic, the tip of his head was pushing 7' :confused:

Ah well, I suppose I could always stand him on something. :lol

Yeah, and his feet look a little undersized for someone over 6' tall with a massive head.

Like the other Alien creatures he has nice detailed paint job... a little too much under the eyes, but aside from that kickass :rock

Mine has a great paint job, not that red around the eyes. My complaints though, his hilt doesnt hang on his belt (preparing us for Kenobi?) and the belt is loose. But.. Ki does have a purse! hehe

Back