Kevin Smith's Comic Book Men on AMC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt I'll watch it again. It was all over the place; the comic shop, the podcast, the swap meet... and the guys aren't that interesting. They should just stick with the stuff going on in the shop and make it a half hour long.

Show was ok, couple funny parts.

I've been to the comic shop a couple times. It's in Red Bank, NJ. About 15-20 from minutes from the video store and Quick Stop that Clerks was filmed at (which I've also been too).

This should be cancelled in no time. Pretty much a complete waste.

I watched the whole episode through and I kid you not at the end I said "That was it?"

I'd be shocked if three episodes air.

Well you missed finding out that two of the employees are douchebags, as is one guy who doesn't work there but hangs out there all day and is friends with Smith and the rest or at least that's how the made it sound and one employee named Ming is a complete spineless _____ that lets them rag on him on film and just smiles away

Well you missed finding out that two of the employees are douchebags, as is one guy who doesn't work there but hangs out there all day and is friends with Smith and the rest or at least that's how the made it sound and one employee named Ming is a complete spineless _____ that lets them rag on him on film and just smiles away

:rotfl

Say no more.

I find it difficult to understand how these guys work there. My LCS has one guy in his 30s who is the manager and the owner who is in his 50s but everyone else are teens because he pays minimum wage. Supposedly according to the banter on the show Ming is married. Sugar mama?

I find it difficult to understand how these guys work there. My LCS has one guy in his 30s who is the manager and the owner who is in his 50s but everyone else are teens because he pays minimum wage. Supposedly according to the banter on the show Ming is married. Sugar mama?

Having listened to some of the old podcasts, I'm pretty sure Ming and the other dude don't work at the comic shop. They just added them to bring the vibe of the podcasts to the show.

Huh, they way the show was introduced was that Ming, Mike and Walt work at the Secret Stash with Walt being the manager. Bryan doesn't actually work just hangs out there. If Ming isn't an actual employee it was fairly interesting they had him parading around in a Staff shirt (Bryan never wore one) and continously yelled at him about this and that.

The bigger shocker is that Smith is advertising this as "unscripted" to every outlet.

I sucked it up and watched...

half of the show and turned it off, seriously MEH!

I was hoping for more discusion of current comic trends and an inject of some of the Golden -Bronze age classics, instead this show came off as a comic reading retarded cousin to Lizard Towing. This shows catch phrase should be "I can count to potatoe (while reading comics)."

They always ragged on Ming on the podcasts as well, that part is pretty accurate. I believe what Ming actually does is handle all of the websites and computer work for Kevin's Smodco network.

The store is about 10 minutes from me and I go in there a few times a year. Honestly the shop is not that impressive. Most NYC comic stores are much better. They do have some cool memorabilia (mostly from the Kevin Smith films) and figures and statues. In fact, I started visiting more often when I got into the world of high end 12" figures because they carried Sideshow stuff. It was a great place to go and oogle at the figures. But they have been scaling back for a while now so most of the figures have sold and there is maybe just a couple of displays with statues and busts, aside from all the Kevin Smith memorabilia and props.

My friend does some work for AMC and had told me the show was filming, and I went in there a couple of times last year but I guess I either would be there when they weren't filming or I missed the whole thing.

I don't think I'll bother watching it...

Ming was the web site manager for Kevin, back when I was writing for Poop Shoot, so I'd assume that's still his role.

Back