Kevin Smith's Comic Book Men on AMC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'd have to have staged customers and situations. If they just filmed a normal day in a comic shop, it'd be the most boring ___ing thing on the planet.

I'll give this a shot as I tend to find Kevin Smith very entertaining outside of his films. He's a great showman when he's just speaking to a crowd or bs'ing on a podcast.

They'd have to have staged customers and situations. If they just filmed a normal day in a comic shop, it'd be the most boring ___ing thing on the planet.

And that's the problem; if the "real" reality is that boring then lets not make a show out of it :lecture How about a show about guys that work in a comic book shop, but are actually superheroes themselves :huh

Not great, but probably better than this :lol

I'll give this a shot as I tend to find Kevin Smith very entertaining outside of his films. He's a great showman when he's just speaking to a crowd or bs'ing on a podcast.

Then don't call it reality tv. :dunno

I'm not sure why this would be an interesting show - does all that much tv worthy happen at a comic shop? Why not do a butcher shop, or a Hallmark store? I haven't been to his Jersey store, but his LA store is pretty much just a standard comic shop with the same modern crap that your local store has.

I'm not sure why this would be an interesting show - does all that much tv worthy happen at a comic shop? Why not do a butcher shop, or a Hallmark store? I haven't been to his Jersey store, but his LA store is pretty much just a standard comic shop with the same modern crap that your local store has.

Given there're shows about metermaids, shipping companies and pawn shops, I'm sure they're working on both of those options.

Sounds like Dinner For Five, but about comic book people...which of course means that I'm 100% done to watch it.

Sounds like Dinner For Five, but about comic book people...which of course means that I'm 100% done to watch it.

larry-the-cable-guy-git-r-done.jpg

Glad I'm only recording it and not watching it yet... sounds like I might be able to skip it all together. Thanks for the reviews guys. :)

I'm watching it and it pretty much sucks. It's a weird mix of the old E! Network Howard Stern show (when they show them doing the podcast), Pawn Stars and a straight reality show about this comic book shop. Outside of the narration pieces Smith doesn't even show up at all, it's about Walt and his employees. They aren't very charming, the joking around is a bit stale and it's weird interaction when people bring things to the store.

Better than Toy Hunters but overall I'd be shocked if this made it even four episodes. Smith's shop though does look awesome as far as LCS goes.

It's like the Tell 'em Steve Dave podcast mixed with those pawn shop shows and some cheesy scripted bits. Like Darth Snoopy said, mildly funny, but nothing special.

Back