Kaustic Plastik - NEW PRODUCTION PICTURES!! Praetorian Guard and Roman General!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kaustic Plastik - NEW ROMANS!! Praetorian Guard and Roman General!!!

Just preordered with timewalker collectibles !! Can't wait !

The head: Marcus Nonius Macrinus can be used for Richard Harris, actor in Gladiator... Isnt it?

I really love the Marcus figure. Why does KP include a second set of arms? It's understandable if one pair is jointless rubber and you'd want the option but these are two pair of jointed arms. They actually look the same. Not complaining, any extras are good, but I'm just curious.

These guys look awesome. I'm very happy to have them on pre-order.

BTW, shouldn't this thread be moved over to the G.I.Joe, Military sub-foum?

Looks good so far !! Can't wait for these figures . Thanks KP !!

Good morning guys!
I'm very happy to inform you that KP08 and KP09 are finally arriving.
All the stock was shipped weeks ago be sea cargo, so soon will arrive to all the retailers!

Release date:
ASIA: NOW
USA: End of August/early September
EUROPE: MID SEPTEMBER

Description:
KP08: Lucius Aelius Seianus - Praetoriae Cohortes
KP09: Marcus Nonius Macrinus - Dux exercituum imperatoris Marci Aurelii

- 12 Months of Historical research made by: Doc. Luca Nejrotti (Tourin University, Italy)
- Weapons and Helms made in REAL METAL.
- MUSEUM QUALITY REPLICA.
- 100% Designed in Italy.

Finally here the PRODUCTION PICTURES:

KP08: Lucius Aelius Seianus - Praetoriae Cohortes

kp08newweb1.jpg

kp08newweb2.jpg

kp08newweb3.jpg

kp08newweb4.jpg

kp08newweb5.jpg

kp08newweb6.jpg

kp08newweb7.jpg

kp08newweb8.jpg

kp08newweb9.jpg

kp08newweb10.jpg

kp08newweb11.jpg

kp08newweb12.jpg

kp08newweb13.jpg

kp08newweb14.jpg

kp08newweb15.jpg

kp08newweb16.jpg

KP09: Marcus Nonius Macrinus - Dux exercituum imperatoris Marci Aurelii

kp09newweb1.jpg

kp09newweb2.jpg

kp09newweb3.jpg

kp09newweb4.jpg

kp09newweb5.jpg

kp09newweb6.jpg

kp09newweb7.jpg

kp09newweb8.jpg

kp09newweb9.jpg

kp09newweb10.jpg

kp09newweb11.jpg

kp09newweb12.jpg

kp09newweb13.jpg

kp09newweb14.jpg

kp09newweb15.jpg

kp09newweb16.jpg

kp09newweb17.jpg

Its really nothing I am going to buy, but I can totally appreciate the high quality, attention to detail and love that has been put into these two projects. Congrats! They may be your best figures to date. You have every reason to be very proud! :duff

Amazing figures indeed!
Really looking forward to having them on my shelf.

And I noticed that the leather seems to be thicker this time. Very nice to see the improvement, as they were very fragile before. Great job KP!

Nice, thanks for the extra info!
I'm sure Fabio will chime in with more info on these two figures and the people they represent.

Here some info from Wikipedia:

Original usage[edit]
Until the 3rd century, dux was not a formal expression of rank within the Roman military or administrative hierarchy.[2]

In the Roman military, a dux would be a general in charge of two or more legions. While the title of dux could refer to a consul or imperator, it usually refers to the Roman governor of the provinces. As the governor, the dux was both the highest civil official as well as the commander-in-chief of the legions garrisoned within the province.

I've been reading up again on what little is known of Marcus Nonius Macrinus.

Born c.113 AD in Brescia, northern Italy, to a distinguished local family, Macrinus became a senator at around 25 and a Consul (Suffectus) 16 years later in around 154 AD. He later served as Proconsul (Provincial Governor) of the Roman province of Asia.

One of the Emperor's favourites and part of his inner circle, as general and consul he led campaigns for Marcus Aurelius from 161 AD to 180 AD.

Translating the latin "Dux Exercituum Imperatoris Marci Aurelii" got me two definitions:

1) Commander of the Army of the Emperor Marcus Aurelius

2) The Captain of the Emperor Marcus Aurelius

Can't find out what date Macrinus became Proconsul, but I presume the title 'Dux' here refers to 'general' (and 'consul'), as in the commander above a legatus in command of two or more legions.

A Dux/general being distinguished from all other officers by his purple cloak. (The legatus wore scarlet).

Though I'm having trouble finding reference images or descriptions of a cloak being fastened in two places, as opposed to the usual clasp at one shoulder.

Correct translation is: Commander of the Army of the Emperor Marcus Aurelius.
So the highest rank in Roman Army!

Over the Marcus tombstone in Rome we can read in Latin:
'Marcus Nonius Macrinus, amicus et dux exercituum imperatoris Marci Aurelii'

Last edited:
Nice pics Fabio!

Imagine... living your life as a soldier in ancient Rome, and almost two thousand years later, people are setting up your effigy in their homes.

Paraphrasing Jim Morrison: did you have an interesting life? Interesting enough to make a figure of you?

I would love to visit Rome . So much to see and take in . Thank you KP . Can't wait to get these guys .

Back