Kaustic Plastik - Muscular body (Legs switched)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The body is decently made but the wide hips is really disturbing. Joints are decent tight (not as tight as HT). It's a decent alternative for a slightly slimmer muscle over the HT version. The quality of the body is still clearly a step below HT. THe HS is very well done though. Over here, it's actually slightly more expensive than a HT muscle body.

I have been seeing a lot of complains about HT bodies being expensive but I don't think that has anything to do with HT. HT body's price has only risen about 3USD to for the past three years.

Over here, the muscle is around 40USD (if you pre-order) and the narrow around 37 (if you pre-order). The kaustic on the other hand is around 43usd (if you pre-order).

Me thinks the higher price that you guys are seeing has a lot to do with your favourite retailer marking them up since HT bodies are kinda a hot commodity.

Those hips are ridiculous. Unless someone's interested in making a Torgo figure.

How much of an epic is it to swop the legs on these then? I'd really like to get this for a custom, but that weird pelvic area is really putting me off, especially as I'd want to put him in some jeans.

Am I seeing things wrong? What I do see is that when you swap the bottom half for the Hot Toys, the only difference is the actual waste piece. It comes out a little bit more, covering the leg joints. The Kaustic waste piece is just smaller, therefore making the leg joints looked bowed.
I have no idea what this one looks like in person, so what I say might just be speculation, but I do know that I will be getting one for my Sideshow Storm Shadow body swap.

Kaustic pelvic piece is smaller with bow legs. You'll see the big difference when you have the body in hand next to HT one.

Preview is up on the Kaustic Plastik site for this
kp02a-3web.jpg

What does the body look like with pants on? That is the only thing that matters. Does anyone have pics of it clothed.

Back