Kato.E 1/6 Bruce Wayne 3 Piece Suit - New 5 Month Payment Scheme Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this thing looks amazing! But i have to say $640+ for a suit for a 1/6 toy is beyond justifying imo, the is no way i could ever spend that much on clothes for a figure. I admire Kato's work and envy all of you who can afford it. I'm gonna have to stick to budget suits for my Wayne and Stark customs.

I was waiting for someone to say it...I wouldn't pay that much for a real suit. Also because Bruce wore so many suits in the movies....but it does look nice so I hope its worth it for the people who bought it

Value is relative. If the buyer is happy to pay the price the seller is asking then that's what the item is worth to them. All this talk of Kato's stuff being overpriced is nonsense. There's no shame in admitting you either can't afford or are not willing to pay such a price but that doesn't mean his work is over priced.

People spend $3000+ on a handbag, $1000+ on shoes, watches that go for $20,000+. These items are not over priced they cost what they cost because of the time taken to make them and the high quality materials used in production. Kato's work is the best of the best he's essentially an Armani or Versace who produces 1/6th!

If you can't afford (and I include myself in this bracket as there's no way I could afford to pick up everything Kato offers that I'd like to) that's fine but there's no need to try and tell others who believe these pieces are worth $500+ that its crazy. Just admire what can be done in 1/6th

Value is relative. If the buyer is happy to pay the price the seller is asking then that's what the item is worth to them. All this talk of Kato's stuff being overpriced is nonsense. There's no shame in admitting you either can't afford or are not willing to pay such a price but that doesn't mean his work is over priced.

People spend $3000+ on a handbag, $1000+ on shoes, watches that go for $20,000+. These items are not over priced they cost what they cost because of the time taken to make them and the high quality materials used in production. Kato's work is the best of the best he's essentially an Armani or Versace who produces 1/6th!

If you can't afford (and I include myself in this bracket as there's no way I could afford to pick up everything Kato offers that I'd like to) that's fine but there's no need to try and tell others who believe these pieces are worth $500+ that its crazy. Just admire what can be done in 1/6th

Great Point... :goodpost:
Forgive me for trying to hide the fact that I just cannot afford this great product. :lecture

Saving this post for future Kato projects. It will, and always has, come up again and again.:lecture
Could not have put it better myself Bullet. :hi5:

Not being a tailor myself but simply putting a little more thought into it it's easy to realize:
- this is custom fabric!! Noone makes these and sells this thin material with exactly the scaled down patten we need. You dont have to own it just look at the pictures to realize it. The set being so fitting is because of that. I don't even dare to imagine how much. None of my 1/6 clothing from even HT comes close.
- the design and cuts are of cause extremely accurate but more importantly the stitchings are even tighter than anything on HT clothing and yet even!! I heard HT has specialized equipment but honestly I can't imagine him having a shrunk down sewing machine that is functional so my question is how the heck does he do it even? How thin do the needles have to be? If even such equipment exist precision going down to that level can't come cheap.
- oh and he lives in HK and not (sorry just trying to make a point and not being discriminating) Middle East, Africa, Vietnam or some remote place in china or where else the factories are nowadays to get cheapest and possible child labour. So expect his living cost to be on par w the moat $$ in NA
- in contrast Custom capes can be extremely $$$ and poor value when you consider that it is made from off the shelf fabric and takes little less than 5min to make with tools I can get for $10 ... Yet I don't go in his thread and make these points as ppl see value in it and I even bought a set because it will take me more time and effort to find and make one good one if I were to be fair
- point being (man I can never keep myself brief :p) talking about it and even telling others how easy it is to do is not doing it yourself. For most ppl only when actually doing it you will realize the amount of effort involved. And then remember you would never value your time at even close to NA min wage so you can't really use that as a measure

Pictures from my local client Hyatt :

ERI_8768.JPG

ERI_8781.JPG

Without going through 80 pages....

Is there any recommended list of bodies to use this suit with?
Same goes for neck connections...

I'm looking to buy for a personal figure (based on a novel I'm writing). It really would be the perfect suit for my character!

And the upper arms must be slimed down or change it into the arms of narrow shoulder body

apologies, Can you clarify this?

How do you 'slim down' the arms?

Do we actually have to buy 2 figures (TTM16 & 18) and mix and match parts to be able to use this suit ?

apologies, Can you clarify this?

How do you 'slim down' the arms?

Do we actually have to buy 2 figures (TTM16 & 18) and mix and match parts to be able to use this suit ?

you may either do as below :

Left : with upper arms slimed down
Right : with upper arms changed into those of narrow shoulder

20121018105453.jpg

Dunno bout the jacket, but my unmod ttm 16 looks fine with your shirt. The one on umair's and kicker's looks fine IMO, I think those are unaltered as well?

Back