DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangsters Kingdom - Spade 5 (GK007#)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big is the Spade gang? I want more from the Diamonds!!
i read someone theorized that they follow the numbers and royals of each suits, so there might be as much as 13 in a group but i don't think damtoys would do all of them.

i wonder if a jean claude van damne would appear in any of them..

my spade 5 hidden version

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Had a chance to do a review on Spade 5.

Initially, I wasn't too excited about the figure, I didn't picture Jude Law as a gangster and the odd color of camo pants seemed strange to me. Having him in hand, I'm glad I picked him up. You can read a more in-depth review over at our site, with more pictures.

P1020300.jpg

Overall, he comes with just enough accessories and outfit pieces to get some versatile looks out of him. With a combination of the poncho, ski jacket and just the "casual" military sweater, you can imagine him in a variety of scenarios. With the cell phone and the headset, you can have him getting orders from his phone or having them "beamed in" via the headset.

P1020328.jpg

The sniper rifle itself is somewhat simple, it gets the job done, with the sliding foregrip and the removable magazine, that's pretty much all you need. The foregrip does have a bipod that extends out which is rather cool. The caveat is that it's going to be rather difficult to get the figure posed in a prone position to take a real sniper pose.

P1020343.jpg

The clothing always tends to be a standout amongst the Gangsters Kingdom releases, so I was looking forward to checking out the jacket. This time around, his coat has smaller "flair" type patches rather than the singular, large "emblem" type patch that has been on the back of the previous releases. This jacket has a number of functional pockets, but the zippers with the yellow pulls are just for decoration. I learned the hard way, don't pull on the yellow zipper pulls. They are very convincing as real zippers, but they are not functional. I managed to pull one of the zipper pulls off and it looks like they are just glued in via a peg, so if you just push it back into the material, it should stay.

P1020356.jpg

As a note of caution, the figure comes with a black beanie. You will remember with the Spade J figure, it was infamous for the hat staining the head. With Spade 5, I would recommend washing the black beanie to get any excess dye out of the material before leaving the beanie on the head for any extended period of time. There was no protective plastic wrap over the head this time to protect the head, so you might need to fashion some protection to prevent any dye transfer.

P1020373.jpg

I would like to give special recognition to the hand pegs that DAM is using. They work wonderfully. Each hand comes with a hand peg, and the design is such that the peg always stays in the hand, and exchanges easily in the forearm. It never gets stuck in the forearm, and the hand pulls off the peg instead, it just always works like it should. It's those little things like that, that help eliminate the frustration in posing. As far as posing is concerned, the DAM body is good, it feels a bit ratchety and doesn't move as smoothly as a DID All-Era or Hot Toys True Type body, but most importantly the joints are tight and he can hold his weapon up and it does not feel sloppy.

P1020367.jpg

Overall, it's just a really solid figure, comes with lots of USEFUL alternate parts and clothing items that help you customize the look and help flesh out the universe.

Back