Justified Discussion -Spoilers-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to watch the first few episodes of Buffy, and thought they sucked. I haven't watched another episode since. . .

Just my personal experience. Of course, there are lots of Wires, Arrested Developments, M*A*S*H*'s, and Muppet Shows out there that are awesome right out the gate. I think it varies from show to show.

Meh disagree. That is the reason for a pilot...if it doesn't get you hooked then the writers and directors failed.

Yes, some shows do come out in the second season or later episodes but I will not waste my time with those shows unless I get a recommendation that it got better.

I am not gonna stick through something that has started out terrible...why should I try if the writers haven't?

:lecture This. While I give it 2 or 3 episodes before I decide to axe it or not Something Sexy hit the nail on the head. If the pilot can't at the very least get me interested with the characters/plot/setup why should I invest time in the show???

Well I've just finished watching the first episode, and whilst I'm not going to join the pilot debate (I can see both sides points) I have to say I really liked it. Granted it isn't the most action packed pilot I've ever seen, but It has a really interesting tone and has some great dialogue. And as anyone who's ever seen Deadwood knows Olyphant is a great lead/lawman. Great to see Goggins in this too, I've missed him from my TV. So yeah colour me interested, I have a feeling this show is gonna be a whole lot of fun :D

I watched the first couple of Sons of Anarchy, but it just didn't hook me. I watched the entire first season and half of the second of Damages - but it lost me too.

This does look promising and I love how Goggins plays a similar character to his Shield one, but plays it completely differently.

Olyphant seems to be the same character from Deadwood though. Still, I did like the pilot a lot. I'll give it a couple of episodes.

I just finished watching this after finding it online... Great first episode. Olyphant was pretty much the same character from Deadwood-- but then I really liked Deadwood so that bodes well for this series.

speaking of deadwood..............it still pisses me off that they cancelled that series AND never finished the last part that they said they would......:mad:

Boyd survived?? I guess I missed that part. I figured he died because the marshall made that comment to Raylan that he aimed for Boyd's heart. Figured a bullet to the heart is enough to kill you in short time.

Boyd survived?? I guess I missed that part. I figured he died because the marshall made that comment to Raylan that he aimed for Boyd's heart. Figured a bullet to the heart is enough to kill you in short time.

No, the comment was "I thought you trained those guys to always aim for the heart" meaning he didn't shoot Boyd in the heart. He missed on purpose.

No, the comment was "I thought you trained those guys to always aim for the heart" meaning he didn't shoot Boyd in the heart. He missed on purpose.

Okay, I get it now, he said "At Glenco, didn't you teach the recruits to aim for the heart?" except with the Southern drawl and the matter of fact way he said it, it doesn't really sound like a question. I thought he was saying they taught recruits to aim for the heart and that's what Raylan did.

Episode 2 aired last night. I wasn't impressed by it. The first 5 minutes were good, but the rest of the episode lost me.

I'm undecided on wether Raylan missed Boyd's heart on purpose or not.

Travis and I had high hopes for this show, but 4 episodes in and it's not really delivering :( Although, the last one was the best - that scene with the dentist pulling out the guy's teeth was awesome! :lol

I've been watching and really like it so far so i'll keep going with it.

I was hoping for more, darker and grittier, but I enjoy it enough. I will stick with it for the rest of the season.

I think Tim Olyphant is entertaining enough on his own, but the supporting characters are a bit bland.

It seems like everything so far is Raylan coming to terms with his past. It's just stuff he can't get away from. It just doesn't seem like the narrative is moving forward. I guess I'm just assuming it will follow in the same style of The Shield and SoA. I'm just used to a drama like this building a story. Right now, it's just a "bad guy of the week" format.

Back