The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill Sienkiewicz:

6e31d4dbbfab954ea546904316ff1b4fa57be0d7.jpg

Obviously off topic, but the third act of the movie felt so out of place with such a drastically different flavor from the rest of the film.
I think we all absolutely loved the detective/noir/mystery themes of the first 3/4 of the movie, and can agree that it was a great approach to a Batman movie as a whole, but for me, once that dam blew, all the scenes that followed felt so generic with disjointed, inflated suspense for no reason which seriously made the film feel like it didn’t know what it wanted to do with itself anymore (lmao remember that fakeout slowmo scene where Bats cut the electrical cable with his bat knife thing only for the music to cut out and him standing up 3 seconds later? Wow totally convincing).
It’s honestly still one of the better DC movies to date imho but for all the buildup the movie had, that ending felt completely directionless, even though the original intent behind having the Riddler setting up a huge disaster that Bats missed is so great in concept.

Anyway, I’m still not entirely sure how to feel about this figure. It’s obviously amazing and insanely high quality, but I’ve become somewhat tempted to let my premium ver. PO go to someone else.

Obviously off topic, but the third act of the movie felt so out of place with such a drastically different flavor from the rest of the film.
I think we all absolutely loved the detective/noir/mystery themes of the first 3/4 of the movie, and can agree that it was a great approach to a Batman movie as a whole, but for me, once that dam blew, all the scenes that followed felt so generic with disjointed, inflated suspense for no reason which seriously made the film feel like it didn’t know what it wanted to do with itself anymore (lmao remember that fakeout slowmo scene where Bats cut the electrical cable with his bat knife thing only for the music to cut out and him standing up 3 seconds later? Wow totally convincing).
It’s honestly still one of the better DC movies to date imho but for all the buildup the movie had, that ending felt completely directionless, even though the original intent behind having the Riddler setting up a huge disaster that Bats missed is so great in concept.

Anyway, I’m still not entirely sure how to feel about this figure. It’s obviously amazing and insanely high quality, but I’ve become somewhat tempted to let my premium ver. PO go to someone else.
It was like it was written by rian johnson

Its a shame batfleck never got his standalone
When I heard on of the endings to Flash......spoilers..

Was BatFleck being thrown into the KNightmare Batman world, I was like..come on.
James Gunn is simply putting the nails in the coffin at this point. He has taken all the Good idea and replaced them with his Clooney ideas...

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
I'm proud to have been one of the 5 people in the world who actually paid to see this on theatrical release. . .damn shame, because to this day I say this is the best theatrically released Batman movie.

In terms of ranking the live-action ones, the first two Nolan films are at the top for me, followed by the Pattinson one, then I would probably list the '89 film and Rises on the third tier. Returns, LEGO, and '66 Batman next, and after that are movies I don't enjoy. But there, I put the the Snyder movies over the Schumacher ones.

I'm proud to have been one of the 5 people in the world who actually paid to see this on theatrical release. . .damn shame, because to this day I say this is the best theatrically released Batman movie.

In terms of ranking the live-action ones, the first two Nolan films are at the top for me, followed by the Pattinson one, then I would probably list the '89 film and Rises on the third tier. Returns, LEGO, and '66 Batman next, and after that are movies I don't enjoy. But there, I put the the Snyder movies over the Schumacher ones.
That sounds about right how I would list out mine.

It was. Wasn't that all the reshoot that the studio demanded? A big, loud climax for Bats?

It definitely felt tacked on, and made the movie feel way too long. I enjoyed it up to Riddler-in-jail scene... then I was like, There's more still? And the ensuing action really wasn't all that great or harrowing. Felt very much like beats on paper to hit certain notes -- like "Batman needs to rescue The People" and "Catwoman needs to save Batman, and then he saves her right back" -- and the director reluctantly obliged with little care and/or with little time.

To be fair, the ending was worth it for the beautiful shots of him walking out with the flare and the symbology of that whole scene. At the same time, the second film best be damned concise.

Can anyone help me what the hell the car chase scene was about, though? Why did it happen? I still can't figure it out. Also the flow of that scene is completely broken, there's a great build up and then the huge rev of the engine and then he just sort of sits and waits there until he gets in the car and drives off, it's very anti-climactic. And seems far-fetched, here we have the best detective, and he willingly and seemingly wants to have a chase and put people on the road in danger.

To be fair, the ending was worth it for the beautiful shots of him walking out with the flare and the symbology of that whole scene.

Didn't like that -- it was such an obvious "development note".

And nope, don't really understand the car chase beyond Batman having to catch the Penguin escaping.

Didn't like that -- it was such an obvious "development note".

And nope, don't really understand the car chase beyond Batman having to catch the Penguin escaping.

I'm a simple man, give me a nice visual and you can win me over.

But Penguin wasn't in his car, Batman ran into his and revved his engine at him then Penguin ran into his car, if I recall correctly. I swear, three times watching it and I can't figure that scene out.

I think it was just to seperate the goons, but it still doesn't sit right with the flow.

I think it was just to seperate the goons, but it still doesn't sit right with the flow.

I was just going to say that. I thought he startled everyone to rescue Catwoman. Why he didn't ram Penguin's car right away, well that's anyone's guess. He should have, Penguin still could have squealed away.

Well that's settled that, I thought I was missing a trick. Think it would have played out better if Penguin just naturally ran away and forced Batman to chase him. It seems short-sighted to rescue Selina by drawing Penguin into a car chase that wouldn't have happened, and put multiple innocent people in danger on the roads.

The most distracting thing about The Batman, even more than the entire ending, is having Batman investigate crime scenes while crowded with police officers.
I kind of loved that aspect.

Watching him calmly stroll through the hallway, as he towers over the cops who line both walls was cool.
He’s very much shown to be an outsider so it still works for me.

He was like Gordon’s special consultant, who is more talented and efficient at the job and more trusted by the boss than everyone else there, and they hate him for it- along with the fact that he’s a psychotic, violent vigilante in a ludicrous costume who the cops would arrest instantly in any regular city.

This was a high profile case that needed all hands on deck and the added tension of a room full of distrustful cops worked for me.

I kind of loved that aspect.

Watching him calmly stroll through the hallway, as he towers over the cops who line both walls was cool.
He’s very much shown to be an outsider so it still works for me.

He was like Gordon’s special consultant, who is more talented and efficient at the job and more trusted by the boss than everyone else there, and they hate him for it- along with the fact that he’s a psychotic, violent vigilante in a ludicrous costume who the cops would arrest instantly in any regular city.

This was a high profile case that needed all hands on deck and the added tension of a room full of distrustful cops worked for me.
I agree. It felt very BTAS to me as it wasn't always just Gordon and Batman meeting alone somewhere or at the signal to talk about the case. Sometimes Bullock was there or just the random beat cops. I felt that was reflected in the movie pretty well. Sometimes it was at the signal, or while they were "on the case" and other times Batman was there with the other officers.

Last edited:
Back