Justice LEague: New Frontier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realize that "New Frontier" is a homage to Golden Age (i.e. 40's) superheroes, right? The Superman "S" is perfect... it's right out of the original comics and the Fleischer cartoons.

Fleischer
fleischer-title2.jpg

New Frontier
0superman.jpg

AH, animated film, I thought your meant live action. Keri Russell wouldn't make a bad live action WW IMO....

Sorry, I should have quoted McHavyk's list of upcoming animateds.

I'd love to see Kingdom Come this way too. They've already said that they intend to make them for a PG-13 audience. Dark Knight Returns is also rumored.

"Kingdome Come" and "Dark Knight Returns" could both be seminal animated films if done correctly (and in the artistic style of their original works, like "New Frontier" is -- it would defeat the purpose to just do them in the same old Timm/Justice League style the previous shows have been in).

"Kingdome Come" and "Dark Knight Returns" could both be seminal animated films if done correctly (and in the artistic style of their original works, like "New Frontier" is -- it would defeat the purpose to just do them in the same old Timm/Justice League style the previous shows have been in).

I think that's the idea, although they'd have to go CGI to come anywhere near Ross's look. And did you see the episode of Batman & Robin where they actually did a little bit of the Dark Knight? It was really well animated and simulated Miller's style to a "T".

The only thing I don't like about New Frontier is that they changed the "line eyes" that Cooke used that was such a throwback to the Fletcher cartoons. They eliminated that from the toon but it I'm excited for it none the less.

I'm hoping for Kingdom Come, Identity Crisis, Dark Knight Returns, Red Son, Justice and Hush to all hit animated features.

I have seen an early release of New Frontier and it is unbelievable. I watched it, then I watched it again. Later that night I watched it again and I will probably watch it in the next few hours.
From watching New Frontier and Superman Doomsday I can see why Bruce Timm and his group stopped doing Justice League and are now doing movies. New Frontier feels like a real movie, only it is a cartoon. The violence, language and adult themes really garner the PG-13 rating.
The animation is terrific, it looks like Darwyn Cooke's artwork. The Bruce Timm style is felt but feels more classic if you get what mean.
I do not want to give anything away but the voices are dead on. Kyle MacLachlan and Lucy Lawless are perfect as Superman and Wonder Woman. Jeremy Sisto is dark and mysterious as Batman but the ones who steal the show are the main 3 characters - Neil Patrick Harris as the Flash, David Boreanaz as Hal Jordan and Miguel Ferrer as the Martian Manhunter.
All I can say is that you will not be disappointed, this movie really does bridge the gap between the Golden and Silver Age of DC Comics.
This movie gives me great hope that if they are going to do Kingdom Come and The Dark Knight Returns then Warner Bros. animation will make us all proud.

I think that's the idea, although they'd have to go CGI to come anywhere near Ross's look. And did you see the episode of Batman & Robin where they actually did a little bit of the Dark Knight? It was really well animated and simulated Miller's style to a "T".

Yea, everybody in Ross's work look like retired footbal players. It works on some characters like Superman, but it doesn't work for me with characters like Spider-Man. But I would still enjoy seeing it. Adding more pictures

nfMMFARADAY.jpg

nfFLASH.jpg

nfWW.jpg

nfSUPEGUNS.jpg

I have the Blu-ray on order from Amazon. I recently read through the Absolute Edition once again to remind myself of the story, lol.

I like this shot:

0jonn.jpg

Netflix has failed me!!! Post your opinions and I will have to see if I can find a version online.....

Netflix has failed me!!! Post your opinions and I will have to see if I can find a version online.....

Just finished it and it was good. A little slow to begin with, but I enjoyed it. Wasn't a fan of the voices or how Batman was done, but Supes/GL/WW/Flash/MM/Aqua were all great. The only main critique to me was that the main villain wasn't really explained and I honestly didn't know what it was. Other than that I think you would probably enjoy it.

Honestly, maybe because I wasn't around during that time, but I liked the Justice League/Unlimited cartoons much better; even the old 90s batman cartoon. But if this is all we get, I'll take it.

And yes, MM was sitting there watching TV while drinking a coke, it was awesome
0jonn.jpg

You mean this one, I like how they got the little Joel Schumacher dig in the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QrBvWdlRDc

Back