JUSTICE LEAGUE movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE movie (Summer 2013)

In the comics and animation movies, its fine to have different Batman and Superman movies because the people that watch them are die hard fans, but a live action movie will have the masses confused. They will see Man of Steel and TDKR the year before the JLA movie and say "Thats not the same Superman I just saw, who's this guy?" Then when Man of Steel 2 comes out, that will confuse them even more.

Then they're too stupid to go to the movies (and probably too defunct to be out in public with others).

I made a poster for the new JLA movie, tell me what you think,

pregnant-batman-moon-superman1.jpg

It's hand drawn by the way.

The Jahns is always right:)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zeaxHmsYXS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You either give too much or not enough credit to the mainstream movie going public. "Big 'S' on chest and flies? That's Superman! Guy with pointy ears dressed in black? That's Batman!" Whether it's Keaton, Bale or Adam West - they'll know who he is. It's more Flash and Martian Manhunter that might confuse people.

While I hate to do it, I have to agree with Dave. Also WB had no problem greenlighting JL: Mortal with an alternate Batman and Superman despite what was going on in their own film franchises not to mention that what occurs on screen doesn't hold weight against animated ventures, tv series (people didn't get confused seeing Routh when Welling was playing Clark on the small screen or see Dean Cain in Smallville and pop a blood vessel) or even in the video game realm.

Originally I remember hearing Johns break down a JLA movie like this: GL, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash would have their own films with Martian Manhunter being introduced and utilized in a JLA film because it was viewed that he'd be the hardest to carry and individual film. That was Big 7 thinking. Not to mention that he stated a good JLA movie was like 15 years away. Looking at Batman, Superman and Green Lantern heading into theaters one could assume this was the plan so it throws a wrench into the whole thing.

There are really three viable options for a JLA movie.

1: Cut the team down to five, maybe even four. Use characters that the general public has had some contact with even if the continuity is different. You rely on familiarity to the character. Even if Bale isn't Batman, the generic public is aware (as if they weren't already). Cavill's Superman is flying about. Reynold's GL has been out. TV's Wonder Woman even if the character is drastically different is at least in people's mind and that helps connect not the "unwashed" masses but the low-level critics who a lot of people listen to in connecting dots many of them are too lazy to connect themselves. Diana could be completely different but people will relate, same with Bruce or Clark or even Hal. If they go with John or Guy or Kyle, seeing the GL symbol is enough to connect. That leaves one new character to introduce, problem solved.

2: You utilize the old fashion serial style that Lucas has used for The Clone Wars where an announcer brings the audience up to speed. It's completely possible and even a bit nostalgic considering that the announcer could say "Clark Kent, a mild mannered reporter for The Daily Planet in Metropolis secretly defends our planet as the hero known as Superman!" then go into "Hal Jordan, test pilot for Ferris Aircraft in Coast City using the will powered ring from the distant planet Oa, fights for justice as The Green Lantern!" It's a bit cheeseball but if done right it could work enough to where the audience can ignore the backstory especially if they focus on a danger big enough to need them all.

3. You allow the images to tell the story during the credits. One could easily conceive of during the credits a Watchmen or Incredible Hulk styled telling showing in one frame the rocket landing, then clark using his powers, then him donning the suit and then maybe a scene of him fighting someone. Then another sequence showing Bruce in the alley crying over his parents, then him training, then him donning the suit and fighting. The entire history in about seven seconds each. Again enough to get the audience up to speed.

It's certainly doable if they pick the right writer and director and those are big "ifs".

Geoff Johns confirmed at a Superhero team up film is in active development but held back from saying straight out that it's a JLA film.

Interestingly enough Ryan Reynolds straight said he hasn't been approached to be in a Justice League movie.

That isn't strange but Reynolds is on a three picture deal according to reports and GL2 is already greenlit and the script is expected to be finished and turned in for revisions by the time the first one premieres. If it is a hit I wonder if WB will utilize the third picture contract on a JLA instead of ensuring a third GL?

Remember when BB came out and a Batman/Superman film was actively being rumored? Most trade insiders thought that they would force one of the three pictures from Bale to force him into that if it was going to happen meaning they'd have had to renegotiate for TDKR if that actually happened or risk him walking out if it did. I wonder if this will follow the same path with them forcing a move out of both Reynolds and Cavill or if they'll just recast outright.

Geoff Johns confirmed at a Superhero team up film is in active development but held back from saying straight out that it's a JLA film.

Interestingly enough Ryan Reynolds straight said he hasn't been approached to be in a Justice League movie.

That isn't strange but Reynolds is on a three picture deal according to reports and GL2 is already greenlit and the script is expected to be finished and turned in for revisions by the time the first one premieres. If it is a hit I wonder if WB will utilize the third picture contract on a JLA instead of ensuring a third GL?

Remember when BB came out and a Batman/Superman film was actively being rumored? Most trade insiders thought that they would force one of the three pictures from Bale to force him into that if it was going to happen meaning they'd have had to renegotiate for TDKR if that actually happened or risk him walking out if it did. I wonder if this will follow the same path with them forcing a move out of both Reynolds and Cavill or if they'll just recast outright.

Well, the Miller JL had John Stewart - so perhaps they plan to introduce him in the 2nd GL film? But I think there would have been some mention if they were going back to that script.

John Stewart is by far the most boring of all of the Green Lanterns. But I can see them inserting him into JL. It's easy, built-in points for the politically correct crowd.

Christopher Nolan's Justice League?

Interesting rumor that is making the rounds:

All the various attempts to make a big-screen Justice League movie have been hideous failures. A rather dubious-sounding version with Mad Max director George Miller and The Social Network's Armie Hammer as Batman almost got made in 2007 before the Writer's strike derailed it - but since The Avengers is making obscene amounts of money, it's possible that Warner Bros. is going to try again. The latest rumor/speculation suggest that they are doing just that, and that Christopher Nolan might be involved in much the same way that he helped develop Man of Steel. Assuming there's anything to this, it's presumably just the earliest possible discussions.

It's apparently popping up in a bunch of places with some claiming that Nolan is being pushed to direct it. Most places are ensuring that this is a project that will bring both Goyer and Nolan to the writing table and that they'll use the output of Man of Steel and bridge it to the new Batman film which both the writing team of Goyer and Jonathan Nolan are involved in with Christopher Nolan producing that as well.

A couple of sites are even going out on a limb and saying that the Justice League film will take precedent over all other films and that they'll sign the casts to do multiple picture deals to springboard them all into individual films.

Should be interesting if they can get it moving as fast as people are implying it is going and if Nolan actually is convinced to step aboard and helm this thing.

Re: Christopher Nolan's Justice League?

Goyer sucks. I hope he isn't within a country mile of this.

Nolan may produce (or get Producer's credit) on an eventual JL film, but there is no way he'll direct it. Nor should he. It's not anywhere close to his wheelhouse.

I had totally forgotten Armie Hammer was going to be Bruce Wayne/Batman in the George Miller film. They could do much worse.

Highly doubt Nolan would direct

Maybe Nolan jnr could though? Either this or the Batman reboot

But if this rumour is true, it pretty much follows my ideal scenario as I laid out in another thread:
- have MoS as the 'Iron Man' if the plan towards a JLA film
- tie in Batman reboot to it
- go for JLA film right after Batman reboot
- spinoffs for GL / Flash / WW etc after JLA film

They should skip the Batman reboot and go straight to a JLA film with Bale. Realism be damned. It would be cool to watch him wonder WTF is going on, and then handle it like it was nothing.

They should skip the Batman reboot and go straight to a JLA film with Bale. Realism be damned. It would be cool to watch him wonder WTF is going on, and then handle it like it was nothing.

Or view them all as threats and spend the movie seeking out and exploiting their weaknesses. :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

Well, this is still just a rumor with nothing official backing it up. Even if it is true, don't really see how this can be seen as a desperate move though, just business. Marvel has had success great with Avengers, so what if DC responds in kind, these companies borrow each other's formulas all the time. Besides, the comic Avengers came after the formation of the JLA. Blockbuster theatrical superhero movies? Yup, DC did it first too.

But I digress. If it is true, I'm going to refrain from judgement on this until I see what direction the WB is going with this. If it's a new universe, or one based on MoS as the jump-off point, like void's outline, fine. I maintain that it shouldn't be within the Nolan/Bale Batman universe, and besides, both of them have confirmed TDKR is the fullstop on this version of the character.

Back