JUSTICE LEAGUE movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE movie (Summer 2013)

I agree--not necessary to have individual movies for various major characters before doing the JL movie. Also, not necessary to have the same actors playing the roles in those respective movies. Might be good for branding purposes, but might also be useful to keep the respective properties independent. Then, you can approach the team-up movie with a different tone and allow more creative freedom to the teams behind the individual characters' films.

Sounds like the reporter may have misconstrued what Robinov said.

However - they have done the pre-production on this already if they go with the Miller project. Script is done, costumes designed, they had even cast the sucker. So I don't think it's as impossible as that hitflix writer.

The only way this is possible is to completely ignore anything Nolan and Snyder are doing including casting.

Superman is set to be released in 2012. December of that year. Even if this was set to be Summer of 2013, Cavill would have to go from that to JLA immediately.

Bale has said he is walking out of Batman after TDKR, that he'd only return if Nolan came back to the series. Considering that Nolan has been quoted left and right that superheroes do not exist in his Batuniverse and considering his original template (which could have changed) for what Superman will be, longshot that Nolan will helm or even touch a JLA movie except to maybe throw an executive producer label for good measure.

So they'd have to recast Batman at minimum, be fine with not focusing on a Batman 4 with whomever they'd cast or delay that one. Delay a Superman 2 if that is popular which might not sit well with the families and deal with the fact that some of their Miller JLA cast have dropped below the radar and some like Arnie Hammer or even Teresa Palmer have moved on to larger projects and might not be available or ask for a higher pricetag.

Also Reynolds is busy, he maybe passing on Deadpool because his schedule is already full with three other projects including GL2 which surprise, surprise is already being fastracked for 2013. They'd need to have a Hal Jordan film which introduces the character to general population and then explain that John Stewart (who cameos in GL) or another Lantern takes his place? Especially considering that they are going with the Jordan is the only one worthy of the ring, etc.

Or what about Flash? The project in development already for a projected wait for it....2013 release! So considering that it's Barry Allen they are looking at, they'd have to skip Barry and again explain another speedster or double cast.

Let's not forget that Miller walked and so they'd have to have another director or figure out a way to get Miller back.

There is a ton of red tape around a JLA movie, I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't understand why every team movie needs to go the Avengers route and have individual movies for each of the heroes. Everyone knows who Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are. Introduce some new characters, it's not that tough with the Supes, Bats, GL and WW carrying the movie.

You could even introduce a different non-Nolan-verse Batman iteration in a JL movie and it wouldn't need a new movie beforehand.

Not everyone is familiar with comic book characters like we are. People need to get more than a 2 second bio on a character. Having all of these heroes team up means NOTHING if we never see what they can do on their own. And we need a greater threat than those so they have a reason to get together in the first place.That is where the bang comes in. Something too much for them to handle by themselves. Otherwise, like Seinfeld said, can't Superman handle everything? :dunno

Not everyone is familiar with comic book characters like we are. People need to get more than a 2 second bio on a character. Having all of these heroes team up means NOTHING if we never see what they can do on their own. And we need a greater threat than those so they have a reason to get together in the first place.That is where the bang comes in. Something too much for them to handle by themselves. Otherwise, like Seinfeld said, can't Superman handle everything? :dunno

I disagree.

Did we have a Wolverine movie before we saw him in X-Men? Did we have a Han Solo movie before meeting him in A New Hope? I really don't think it has to follow the Avengers template.

How many DC animated movies have we already watched where the JL team varies wildly and there is little set-up and back story? Granted these movies are for a more specific audience, but I know I've been introduced to new characters from these movies and it worked out fine. The animated movies are usually quicker paced and shorter as well, not to mention Batman has a different look and a different voice actor in each, but everyone can still recognize Batman and Superman.

I think my take home message is that as long as the heavy hitters are there, they can fill in the blanks with the lesser known characters and just have the JL movie be their introduction.

Last edited:

Can Storm save the world on her own? Did Han Solo defeat the Empire by himself? No. They were introduced as a team. As a team they are all needed to defeat the bad guy. The thing about the Avengers and JL is that the heroes that make them up CAN and DO save the world and universe by themselves. But the only way for that to matter to people is for them to see it themselves. Sure they could just jump right in an introduce everyone but you don't get that knowledge that them joining up is a big deal since we've never seen them work solo and seen what they can do on their own. I think that is where giving each of them their own film pays off.

I see merit in your argument, BM, but I can safely say that characters like Martian Manhunter will probably never have their own movies. Should he be in the Justice League movie? I think so. Conversely, Hawkeye is rumored to be in the Avengers without a movie follow-up.

Basically, if written the right way, I believe you can do without movie follow-ups, at least in this case.

Avengers is a different story. Before the Iron Man movie, Hulk was the only recognizable Avengers member to the masses. Big players like Thor and Cap are relatively unknown to the everyman. DC's trinity (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman) has been much more exposed in movies and television.

I think it's happening and that a big announcement will come down during SDCC, perhaps even with a director and release date.

Now it's going around that Batman will be rebooted after DKR with Nolan producing a new direction. So if that is the Batman for JLA it's even further down the road.

Coming from a Huge DC/Superman/Batman JLA/ Warner Bros fan...I Dont like the sound of this. Way to much going on and it could lead to a giant flop. Marvel spent years developing there plan so its different

But there are ways of making it happen for shure. But in a year they plan to release TDKR, then Superman, The a JLA movie, followed by solo movies. Its ambitious, and i know if one studio would do it, it be WB.

I think it's happening and that a big announcement will come down during SDCC, perhaps even with a director and release date.

This was either the most well hidden thing by WB which at this point if keeping continuity would include Reynolds and Cavill (I would imagine whomever is casted as Batman would springboard into their own film after) or will be the most rushed and probably largest train wreck we've seen in a while if that is true.

if it's not the original 7, I'm not watching watching it

The original roster of the JLA was Green Lantern (Hal), The Flash (Barry), Aquaman, Wonder Woman and The Martian Manhunter. Just sayin'.

I still dont see the proof this will happen. People wont go for it. It'll be too confusing as people are too used to Bale's Batman. You cant just jump into a whole new cast of heroes we're filmiler with. I doubt this movie will happen in 2013....

I see merit in your argument, BM, but I can safely say that characters like Martian Manhunter will probably never have their own movies. Should he be in the Justice League movie? I think so. Conversely, Hawkeye is rumored to be in the Avengers without a movie follow-up.

Basically, if written the right way, I believe you can do without movie follow-ups, at least in this case.

Avengers is a different story. Before the Iron Man movie, Hulk was the only recognizable Avengers member to the masses. Big players like Thor and Cap are relatively unknown to the everyman. DC's trinity (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman) has been much more exposed in movies and television.

I think they can introduce one new main character without any problem. Its introducing 3-4 of them at once that would be the problem. They would just be fodder characters to most audiences without their own films to round them out. Its like the original version of the Gillgan's Island theme song "... and the rest." There would be Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman "and the rest" to most people.

I actually think more people know of Marvel's characters than DC ones. Most people could recognize Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc even if they could really tell you more than their name. Not true with Martian Manhunter.

But I do see what you are getting at. They COULD do it without intro movies. But I don't think it would work as well without the intro films.

I still dont see the proof this will happen. People wont go for it. It'll be too confusing as people are too used to Bale's Batman. You cant just jump into a whole new cast of heroes we're filmiler with. I doubt this movie will happen in 2013....

It may not happen in 2013, but it's happening... and Batman and Superman will be in it.

As far as people being "confused" because they're "too used to Bale's Batman"... well, maybe they should actually become more familiar with these characters and their history. Or maybe they should graduate middle school and high school first.

In the comics and animation movies, its fine to have different Batman and Superman movies because the people that watch them are die hard fans, but a live action movie will have the masses confused. They will see Man of Steel and TDKR the year before the JLA movie and say "Thats not the same Superman I just saw, who's this guy?" Then when Man of Steel 2 comes out, that will confuse them even more.

In the comics and animation movies, its fine to have different Batman and Superman movies because the people that watch them are die hard fans, but a live action movie will have the masses confused. They will see Man of Steel and TDKR the year before the JLA movie and say "Thats not the same Superman I just saw, who's this guy?" Then when Man of Steel 2 comes out, that will confuse them even more.

You either give too much or not enough credit to the mainstream movie going public. "Big 'S' on chest and flies? That's Superman! Guy with pointy ears dressed in black? That's Batman!" Whether it's Keaton, Bale or Adam West - they'll know who he is. It's more Flash and Martian Manhunter that might confuse people.

I took my two little girls to my workplace for a Halloween party a few years ago. They were dressed as Supergirl and Wonder Woman. Roughly half the adults who said Hi to them seemed genuinely confused as to who they were. :slap

I think a JLA flick must have Supes and Bats or it's going to tank. Too many people don't know the rest of the characters.

I took my two little girls to my workplace for a Halloween party a few years ago. They were dressed as Supergirl and Wonder Woman. Roughly half the adults who said Hi to them seemed genuinely confused as to who they were. :slap

I think a JLA flick must have Supes and Bats or it's going to tank. Too many people don't know the rest of the characters.

Do you work at a clinic for people with head injuries?

Back