Just got my 15 MacBook pro retina

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.marts

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just gave apple a fair chunk of my pocket money today for a beast of a Machine i will be posting up pictures of my new MacBook shortly but for those of you here interested in getting one I will lay out my verdict.

1. Retina screen is eye candy, this is the super model of laptops and as a member of cgwallpapers.com and gamewallpers.com the wallpapers are alive, glasses not required!

2. Silence and bliss - with no moving parts i.e hard disk and DVD rom this machine is as silient as my sideshow statue collection.

3. The MacBook has become anoroxic this thing is thin, very close to MacBook air, it also weighs less than my older 13inch model which has alas has found a better home.

4. Ports are aplenty - 2 thunderbolts for serious surging one USB 3.0 port and a hdmi port.

5. The roadrunner of laptops enough said

The nasty

Wheres the holder for my coffee cup or to play 'my precious' for apple has R.I.P' d it's optical drive.

All in one rig much like the titanic if the haul breaks everything is sunk and will break ones pocket.

Mirror mirror on the wall who is the Glairiest of them all, wha i still can see myself.

My 2 cents

Stop the bikering you get a free mountain Lion

And that magical apple halo.

Congrats but one has to wonder why this is posted in the Movies/TV forum...

shocked-reaction-gif-i15.gif

Alright, I think it's bull____ that Apple includes retina on the iPad and iPhone without a price jump but suddenly it becomes a premium on the new MacBook Pro and jumps the price so high. I also this it's complete crap that it's only on the 15". What's worse is next year's WWDC will probably debut the 13" retina change as if it were groundbreaking. This reeks more of Apple trying to pull their products along more than the 4S. Although I would love for the iMacs to get a redo with retina and touchscreen I just don't want to pay $12,000 for it.

I need a new laptop but I'm going the updated 13" because $2200 for a laptop with retina seems nuts to me especially since the updates aren't that different save the weight and variance in processors from what they updated the cores with.

No optical drive and no ethernet port? Seems like they're making this for that alternate universe where hi-speed wireless is available everywhere and everything is instantly downloadable.

I attribute the price increase to the flash drive replacing the hard drive. I'm sure the retina display added to it as well.

But honestly this is like a MacBook Air Pro, more than it is a MacBook Pro.

That's awesome man. I have an older MBP that I dumped the optical drive for a second hard drive and I honestly haven't missed it. I was really hoping for an iMac update with the retina display. Oh well. I'm still thinking about getting a 27" after I move next month so maybe Apple will at least announce a hardware bump.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

I am quite happy with my 17" MacBook Pro I purchased in December of 2011. It has quad i7 processors at 2.4 GHz each.

I am thinking of upgrading my RAM to 8 GB.

This kitten purrs. No need for an upgrade for a few years.

I survived off of my Dual G5 PowerMac tower for 7 years. Scratch that, its still going on year 8. I just switched over as a complete user to my Mac Book Pro this past month. Things were just not as easy and fun on the tower anymore, but given that it runs most things on the net for a near 10 year-old machine, I am not complaining. I just wince at the price I paid... 4,500 with upgrades, a large monitor, and a Klipsch theatre speaker/sub woofer set.

Back