Just got my 15 MacBook pro retina

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really sure what Apple was thinking with the $2200 price tag as the lowest model....I understand there are going to be some people that can afford it but even if you can afford it is it smart to spend $2200 on a laptop? I was so excited for a new iMac but at these inflated prices I won't be able to afford one.

They're thinking that non-retina-optimized programs are going to look like ass on that thing, so they're targeting developers and creative professionals to get the ball rolling. By the time Apple rolls out the retina screen to the rest of the line, all the developers who bought this model will have made all sorts of spiffy new content for the rest of the world.

That's my theory anyway.

I've loved mine as well....I just love money more...:wave

Then you know time is more important than money and in the end also equals money, when your focus is on making the product vs. fiddling with the machine/OS....

So yes, I love my Mac because it makes me money! That is all. :wave

They're thinking that non-retina-optimized programs are going to look like ass on that thing, so they're targeting developers and creative professionals to get the ball rolling. By the time Apple rolls out the retina screen to the rest of the line, all the developers who bought this model will have made all sorts of spiffy new content for the rest of the world.

That's my theory anyway.

That sounds like a solid theory, but I doubt that is a big enough market to make it a sound one.

It's like when I bought my Dual G5 Tiger PowerMac tower... Sure it was 64-bit, but there was nothing that took advantage of that technology then. Everything was 32-bit. What's the point of owning a Ferrari when the speed limit is 60 KMH within the city. Well mine anyway. _____ city... Anyway, it will be a while before anyone gets to take advantage of this retina technology. Seems like a wasted purchase for now.

Back