Just got my 15 MacBook pro retina

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate glossy screens. This may seem petty, but they're a deal breaker. I have an older MacBook Pro that still runs pretty well, but I'd like an upgrade - and this isn't going to be it. I'm also broke as a joke, so that's a factor. :lol

I hate glossy screens. This may seem petty, but they're a deal breaker. I have an older MacBook Pro that still runs pretty well, but I'd like an upgrade - and this isn't going to be it. I'm also broke as a joke, so that's a factor. :lol

Matte screens have been a build to order option ever since they moved to this glossy junk. Supposedly, this new MBP has some kind of glossy but glare free screen. I haven't been able to verify that as the only one I've been able to see is under glass at WWDC. :monkey2

No optical drive and no ethernet port? Seems like they're making this for that alternate universe where hi-speed wireless is available everywhere and everything is instantly downloadable.

images

:lol

Matte screens have been a build to order option ever since they moved to this glossy junk. Supposedly, this new MBP has some kind of glossy but glare free screen. I haven't been able to verify that as the only one I've been able to see is under glass at WWDC. :monkey2

I dunno, I remember some not having a matte option! But that was a while ago, several years. Maybe it was just that they were out of stock, but they were definitely not even listed.

Congrats, Marts.

I love my MBP and I'm working with a dual-core processor still, so I can't imagine what kind of power the quad-core packing (especially with all of the other awesome features.)

And you also get a free upgrade to the OSX Mt. Lion next month, which will be awesome. :rock I'm looking forward to that myself.

I dunno, I remember some not having a matte option! But that was a while ago, several years. Maybe it was just that they were out of stock, but they were definitely not even listed.

It's only offered on the 15" and 17" models. I need 13" so glossy ass screen for me. :monkey2

I agree about the glossy screens. Much prefer the matte ones. My wife actually gets nauseous working on her new iMac because of the shiny screen. We read up on it and many people seem to have the same problem. You get kind of a motion sickness because you're looking at 2 different things going on in front of you: what's in the monitor, and what's reflecting off the screen. We ended up taking the glass front off the iMac to reveal the actual monitor behind it. It's a little matte, but not as matte as the monitors used to be.

I need a new laptop but I'm going the updated 13" because $2200 for a laptop with retina seems nuts to me especially since the updates aren't that different save the weight and variance in processors from what they updated the cores with.

Lets shop for laptops together? I am also in the market! :1-1:

No optical drive and no ethernet port? Seems like they're making this for that alternate universe where hi-speed wireless is available everywhere and everything is instantly downloadable.

:exactly: No optical drive or ethernet port are very strange omissions.

My 17" MBP has the matte finish. I hate glossy screens. It reflects everything!

Well, Mr. Fancy Shmansy, 'my matte finish is better than yours'.....some of us don't have a matte finish screen! Wanna fight about it?!?! :nana:

I'm not really sure what Apple was thinking with the $2200 price tag as the lowest model....I understand there are going to be some people that can afford it but even if you can afford it is it smart to spend $2200 on a laptop? I was so excited for a new iMac but at these inflated prices I won't be able to afford one.

Back