Just curious if anyone here competes at any level of physical training for sport.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent, good for you!!
I was exactly the same.Its such a good feeling taking part in something so worthwhile, it was life changing for me not to mention the exercise is a great workout.

As for competition I just got quite lucky when I was a 2 tab white belt and I beat one of our national team Black belts in a friendly kumite, so from then on I was hooked and my Sensei's started pushing me towards it.I actually got my first trophy in that fight, not for winning but for 'showing true fighting spirit'. I was training hard and going through gradings and when I got to purple 2 started competing.

I would love to go back to it but im disabled now and riddled with arthritis, its amazing how things change.
It's all good though :rock

Shotokan :rock :rock

Oh wow...I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you had the chance to do it, and enjoy it so much, and yep, Karate Kid also got me started!! :rock:rock

I don't do much in the way of competition, other than participating in community softball and basketball leagues, but those are just for fun and exercise (at least for me - some of the other guys do get more competitive).

But I do work out at the gym 5-6 times a week. My father died when he was only 61 from a heart attack, and I'm determined not to let that happen to me (I also get annual physical exams, just had one this morning, in fact).

Only thing I do competitive now is Racing 4X. I would like to start racing downhill to but don't have 4Gs for a a good ride.

I still surf , mtn bike all the time.

Back