Just curious if anyone here competes at any level of physical training for sport.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been doing alot of sports here:)

I trained and competed in gymnastics from when I was 6 to I was 17, got pretty good at it :p second best in europe. But I quited becuase tht is the highest contest in group gymnastics + I injured my back pretty badly :(

Now I play floorball once a week with my friends, go to the gym 2 times a week and often go out and play soccer with my friends once a week, on the weekends me and my friend go out and do some mountainbiking in the forrest.

+ I run about 12 km once a week

so it's a pretty active life :)

i love to play hockey, football, softball, hiking, swimming, jet skiing, a pickup hoops game, working out and proud to say i'm the captain of my circle jerk team. (although eli is the best damn pivot man in the game). :lol

Swordfighting, shooting, archery and fencing...

Yeah, I know...I don't have to move much for most of them...

I wish to follow in my parents footsteps and train for a marathon.

Good on ya El would be an awesome effort to commit and finish anything as physically demanding as the marathon.My father in law just completed his 39th marathon at the age of 72 and with a pacemaker no less.:cool:

I have always played high level competitive sport until recently but am hoping the inspiration i feel when watching him compete will get me back into it.I also watch or volunteer at the Australian Ironman and with so many amazing people and stories i hope to one day do a half and/or full Ironman.

I'm one of those people when it comes to sport they have to have something to start the fire within but once its lit its on for young and old.:D

Anyone with the spirit of someone like the Blazeman inspires me to live life to the fullest on and off the sporting field.:)

https://au.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vrjp2P0GlE&feature=PlayList&p=12431359D3D527B7&index=10

Last edited:
In highschool I use to spit and wipe my boogers on football players and run. Does that count? :dunno

I'd like to play baseball or softball, but it's all beer league here and I don't go to any bars.

In highschool I use to spit and wipe my boogers on football players and run. Does that count? :dunno

What's your address again?:mad:

Seriously though-- if only for a moment-- the only sport I play "competively" now would be golf-- and that's paying against (not with:naughty) myself. Age has taken away any delusions of reclaiming lost youth as I'll ocassionally run the scout "O" team while the D get their work in for the varsity football team I coach (offensive co-ordinator) but I prefer now to call the plays from the sidelines and watch the chess pieces do their thing. Having my 6'4 defensive end come full tilt towards me as I'm dropping back is enough to make me realize I don't got it no mo'.:lol

Now hitting a golf ball?... Yeah that'll do... Now I'll just picture that punk pixletwin's noggin'... Man I'm going to have my best drives yet.:D

What's your address again?:mad:

Now hitting a golf ball?... Yeah that'll do... Now I'll just picture that punk pixletwin's noggin'... Man I'm going to have my best drives yet.:D

Yes I suffered, and still do suffer, from severe social retardation. :rock

When i was younger i was really into hockey but now the only sports i play are badminton and cricket but not that often.

Cycle to and from work everyday and run 4 times a week.

I surf a lot. Skateboard some. I go to the gym about 5 or 6 times a week now. I don't want to be overweight and unhealthy when I am older so I have definitely changed my ways. My weakness is still a tasty hamburger. I want to turn vegetarian or at least partial.

Last edited:
I played football from 4.5 years of age up unto a few years pro and ended at the age of 24. I also ran track from the age of 13 up until 22 years of age. I've done absolutely nothing for the three years I've been out of it. I'll get back into something eventually but my body deserves a break.

Seriously though,I used to do Shotokan Karate, got several trophies for Competition fighting and still got my licences and badges.
I really miss it actually, great way to vent frustration.
x :D

Cool! I started back on Shotokan last year after a 6 year hiatus...I feel great and I love it! But more for the exercise and philosophy than the competition.
I trained for almost 8 years straight before college, then I was on and off for a while, but I just moved and found a great dojo to train at.

You should train again!

Cool! I started back on Shotokan last year after a 6 year hiatus...I feel great and I love it! But more for the exercise and philosophy than the competition.
I trained for almost 8 years straight before college, then I was on and off for a while, but I just moved and found a great dojo to train at.

You should train again!

Excellent, good for you!!
I was exactly the same.Its such a good feeling taking part in something so worthwhile, it was life changing for me not to mention the exercise is a great workout.

As for competition I just got quite lucky when I was a 2 tab white belt and I beat one of our national team Black belts in a friendly kumite, so from then on I was hooked and my Sensei's started pushing me towards it.I actually got my first trophy in that fight, not for winning but for 'showing true fighting spirit'. I was training hard and going through gradings and when I got to purple 2 started competing.

I would love to go back to it but im disabled now and riddled with arthritis, its amazing how things change.
It's all good though :rock

Shotokan :rock :rock

Back