just an idea... (PLEASE READ)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the dude person

Super Freak
Reaction score
This used to be a thread for my idea to have as many people as possible collaborate on a single project, but that can never work out the way I was thinking of...

I don't know what this thread is about now... :dunno

Last edited:
Well as my bacara and neyo helmets are totally resculpted dorgs can sell as many as he likes cos i dont care :chew:banana

how does that relate to this thread? :confused

Did you go and post in the wrong place again? :lol

Well someone could make the armour i suppose lol. Dorgs can swap em, eat em, give em away i dont mind but it could still be a project, a small 1 but a project anyway if anyone fancied it. Im talking poo aern't i....ok nps i'll go hide in the corner :)

Well someone could make the armour i suppose lol. Dorgs can swap em, eat give em away i dont mind but it could still be a project.

not really for more than two people... I mean, I guess if everyone made a silicone mold and recasted a different part of clone trooper armor and vivisect (or you) made bodysuits... But I was thinking of something more special than just a bunch of recast clone bits with your helmet stuck on top (not that the helmet isn't special!)... I mean like something that we have to work from the ground up.. like (among the people in the project) we got clay, silicone, resin, paint, fabric, and a sewing machine and we make a figure from there...

do you have any non-clone suggestions?

not really for more than two people... I mean, I guess if everyone made a silicone mold and recasted a different part of clone trooper armor and vivisect (or you) made bodysuits... But I was thinking of something more special than just a bunch of recast clone bits with your helmet stuck on top (not that the helmet isn't special!)... I mean like something that we have to work from the ground up.. like (among the people in the project) we got clay, silicone, resin, paint, fabric, and a sewing machine and we make a figure from there...

do you have any non-clone suggestions?

No :rotfl:lol:rotfl but im all ears :peace

Thread lock? It's not an original idea, as this is already happening in many of the threads here. :dunno

Collaborations between a few peeps goes on, but i think something big scale ie non figure would be better . It could be cool if a decent project was agreed upon by enough people interested in doing it :peace

Collaborations between a few peeps goes on but he's on about big scale. It could be cool if a decent project was agreed upon by enough people interested in doing it :peace

I hear ya. Again though, it's going on as we speak. It usually starts with commissioning a headsculpt but Dude needs to realize that just because he doesn't like a figure doesn't mean that others share his opinion. A perfect example would be the Tonnika Sisters. Nobody will ever do them because the likeness rights aren't available (and if rumors are true, will never be). But several people would want them in their collection. Especially now with Sideshow doing Cantina aliens.

tonnika3.jpg

Aye i tend to make my own stuff, or buy head sculpts like you said from peeps on the boards, then kitbash/customise and paint the rest.

Collaborations between a few peeps goes on, but i think something big scale ie non figure would be better . It could be cool if a decent project was agreed upon by enough people interested in doing it :peace

I've thought of that, but how would everyone get like a diorama or something? We live all over the world, and shipping back and forth from the US to UK for anything larger than a figure would cost a whole lot of money, and it can be much more difficult to make multiples of a diorama (head sculpts are small and easily recast, but the detail on some sort of mechanical bulkhead door or something would be quite tricky)...

of course, we could all collaborate to make a single diorama, but how would we decide who gets to keep it afterwards? Or would it end up being sold on eBay? Then who gets the money?

It just doesn't seem feasible to collaborate on a diorama or something without everyone involved being physically in the viscinity of one another... it would be awesome to all get together in real life, but I'm not quite ready to pay for a plane ticket or anything! And how would we decide where to gather anyway?

:dunno

To be honest most of these projects just work out organically...

Someone makes a head, someone else offers to cast it... outfits are kitbashed using group suggestions or someone (like Vivisect) comes in and makes the outfit happen.

To be honest most of these projects just work out organically...

Someone makes a head, someone else offers to cast it... outfits are kitbashed using group suggestions or someone (like Vivisect) comes in and makes the outfit happen.

Aye thats what me and Dorgs have been doing. He does most of the work though but im always here if he ever needs anything :peace

Why so dramatic... only gotten a few opinions. Maybe others will see it differently.

But nam is right, small collaborations happen all the time.

as for larger collaborations that involve more people, on second thought it just doesn't seem reasonable...

a diorama group project has also been ruled out (unless some of you guys actually did get together, but I wouldn't be able to join you)...

so really people's opinions don't matter at this point. The fact of the matter is, it's not gonna work.

Back