Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic World

I wouldn't say Wu is a bad guy, at least not yet. As he was telling Masrani, he's just doing what they've been doing from the beginning and what he was told to do. They wanted a monster dinosaur creature and he gave it to them. The deal with InGen is intriguing and I was really hoping for an after credits scene to build upon it. So I'm glad this did so well as it all but green lit JP5. And I honestly want to see where Wu's story is going. I just don't know what exactly the plot would be at this point. I mean it would be your typical 'get the McGuffin back" plot, but I just don't see where a dinosaur island would fit in other than the cliché helicopter crash with the McGuffin happening over the island. I REALLY want the next film to happen, but I just don't know where they're going to go with it or if Pratt or anyone besides Wu would return for that film.
How many times can they go back to an island? I can see the next one going to the mainland and following what ingen does with Wu's research. If they're going to jump the shark, may as well go full B movie and go down the dino hybrid soldier route.

My thoughts on sequel:

I swear to lord almighty that couple weeks ago it was mentioned that Wu fixed the genomes of the dinos all but the rex and a few others with 100% dna. However Wu mentions he didn't, that he gave Masrani what he wanted that if he wanted real dinos they'd be way different... So in essence here's the part I find interesting, he spliced a cuddlefish with the Irex to slow down the accelerated aging. (Which I mentioned a while back about the rex suffering from)

So.. I'm wondering with all that noise did the Irex pop a egg while loose? Most animals migrate for this sort of thing... And since the Irex was cunning it would suggest it may have been looking? Since after all if wu didn't care to fix anything that means they could still breed. He even said the damn thing had frog dna... but what if the Irex was asexual due to too much gentic play? Maybe the Irex baby hatches and swims to Site B?

That's what will bring it to another island... And finally a ultimate showdown... Irex vs Spino vs Trex...

How many times can they go back to an island? I can see the next one going to the mainland and following what ingen does with Wu's research. If they're going to jump the shark, may as well go full B movie and go down the dino hybrid soldier route.

super mario, the movie. :rock

Oh and wtf happened to the dude in the control room? He king of dino island now or something? I didn't see him in costa rica hangar bay...

Yeah I dunno. This movie just seemed to have a lot of respect for where it came from. And played off of it well. There's moments that should have been cheesy as ****, like "thats why they didnt tell us...eetz part raptor!!" Should been eye rolling! (It probably was to some :lol) but for me i just swept up in the moment and loved it. Even though I saw it coming a mile a way.

Yeah, when those spec ops guys were shooting it. The bullets seemed to bounce off. Not sure about the minigun. I think it's hide was just to tough for standard rounds. Kind of like a Rhino. When they were going over all the IR's powers in the lab (cuttlefish powah. Frog powah) etc. you'd think the should've mentioned something about it's tough hide

Same here, saw it coming, but enjoyed the reveal anyways, just rolled with it.

My wife didn't see it coming though, she was shocked, so it worked on some people. :lol

You never know, it had just about anything else you could think of "cooked up" in it:lol

True true, makes sense.

Just got back from the 10:00 pm 3D IMAX showing. Holy crap this is an awesome movie! And I thought it'd be me and a couple random late nighters but the auditorium was PACKED. And I mean like Saturday afternoon, nearly sold out crowd packed. Little kids, a BABY, I was like what the hell. And there was a 10:30 and 10:40 showing at two other auditoriums. If people are cramming into theaters all the way up to midnight tonight then this sucker just might come in at 210 million when all is said and done.

The crowd was buzzing too, it was if everyone got the memo that this was a record breaking phenomenon and wanted to be a part of it.

The movie is so damn exciting and that finale...my cheeks were sore from smiling at how awesome it was.

And man, is there a monster movie that was NOT represented in this film? A predator that can blend in with its surroundings and tracks by heat signatures, "it doesn't show up on infrared at all," "No we're not closing the beaches Brody," Claire slinking down on the ground behind the T-Rex, one leg exposed Faye Raye style, and so on.

And I didn't catch the first time that the British assistant was on her phone planning her wedding? Are you kidding me? Why did they set out to make that poor girl the most tragic figure in the series? :lol So horrible how things worked out for her.

I tried to put my finger on the juxtaposition between action and humor the second time around and I kept coming back to Die Hard. All the hardcore Hitchockian tension and then little moments like the cocky SWAT guy who pricks himself on the rosebush. :lol InGen's security force seemed very reminiscent of those guys. Helicopter crash also took me back to Die Hard.

This movie had the action, it had the monsters, it was totally organic in how it blended everything together and still paid tribute to the past. This one is the real deal. As I was walking down the steps of the auditorium I tried to think back to the last time I was this excited after watching a movie. The Winter Soldier wasn't this exciting for crying out loud, nor any superhero movie, Marvel or otherwise.

Nice.

I had the same smile after TWS because of the quality of the action I had just witnessed.

JW gave me that smile because of the incredible heroic ending, which if you think about it is similar to the ending of ASM2 with the little kid, only 100x better because JW was a better movie and the heroic ending lasted longer.

The hair on my neck was standing up at the end even on the 2nd viewing.

Last edited:

this movie needs more...

More-Cowbell1.gif

The film was an ok switch off your brain and enjoy the ride movie. There wasn't an original scene in the whole film, with moments blatantly stolen from previous JP films and others. The scene with the avian escapees attacking the resort was straight out of " The Birds". The character deaths couldn't have been more obvious if they had been wearing red shirts and the way the designer dinosaur was eventually dealt with was predictable from the beginning. It was fun but not amazing.

The film was an ok switch off your brain and enjoy the ride movie. There wasn't an original scene in the whole film, with moments blatantly stolen from previous JP films and others. The scene with the avian escapees attacking the resort was straight out of " The Birds". The character deaths couldn't have been more obvious if they had been wearing red shirts and the way the designer dinosaur was eventually dealt with was predictable from the beginning. It was fun but not amazing.

I think most viewers went into it without even having one, just like the Director, Writers and Producers.

This movie is so amazing that we really shouldn't care about

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yet it worked so very well, it moved everyone in both of my screenings!

I think most viewers went into it without even having one, just like the Director, Writers and Producers.

It was better than TLW and JPIII, which is all it needed to be. It was never going to be as good or better than the original. I really enjoyed it. You must have been excited when paddock 9 was opening up? :D

It was better than TLW and JPIII, which is all it needed to be. It was never going to be as good or better than the original. I really enjoyed it. You must have been excited when paddock 9 was opening up? :D

I certainly was, and I thought that would be the turning point for me... but sadly didn't live up to what I thought it would be in the least. I really, really wanted to like it... but didn't.

I certainly was, and I thought that would be the turning point for me... but sadly didn't live up to what I thought it would be in the least. I really, really wanted to like it... but didn't.

I feel for you buddy. I've watched the scene several times now and for me it gets better and better. From the door opening, Claire running from Rexy to the Rex breaking through the Spino skeleton, it's deffo one of the iconic moments for me.

I guess we can talk about spoilers openly now?! :D

I feel for you buddy. I've watched the scene several times now and for me it gets better and better. From the door opening, Claire running from Rexy to the Rex breaking through the Spino skeleton, it's deffo one of the iconic moments for me.

I guess we can talk about spoilers openly now?! :D

If the Rex was the one to beat I-Rex, I'd have a completely different opinion on the film. I do know the feeling you're talking about seeing her again, but they chose the wrong way to end that fight I think.

This movie is so amazing that we really shouldn't care about

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yet it worked so very well, it moved everyone in both of my screenings!

I can't believe I was legit surprised when that happened and very happy. Nice to know not everything is spoiled nowadays...

If the Rex was the one to beat I-Rex, I'd have a completely different opinion on the film. I do know the feeling you're talking about seeing her again, but they chose the wrong way to end that fight I think.

For me I like how the fight went down. The fact that she couldn't take the I-Rex down by herself kinda' justified the I-Rex's existence, bigger, stronger and all that. I really like how Blue and Rexy teamed up too, the greater good and all that, showed that they're more than just animals, they knew what had to be done. Despite her age (which you could tell she was older) she put in a few good slams towards the end.

For me I like how the fight went down. The fact that she couldn't take the I-Rex down by herself kinda' justified the I-Rex's existence, bigger, stronger and all that. I really like how Blue and Rexy teamed up too, the greater good and all that, showed that they're more than just animals, they knew what had to be done. Despite her age (which you could tell she was older) she put in a few good slams towards the end.

I think they should of went with "Life finds a way" and Rex beats the artificial Rex.

Back