Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic World

IGN Interview with director Colin Trevorrow.

Writing and directing a Jurassic Park movie is a pretty big step-up from Safety Not Guaranteed in terms of scope and scale. What’s been the biggest challenge thus far?
Getting the script right was the tough part. There are a hundred different ways to tell any story, finding the right one takes persistence. Jurassic Park movies don’t fit into a specific genre. They’re sci-fi adventures that also have to be funny, emotional and scary as hell. That takes a lot of construction, but it can’t feel designed. The characters have to be authentic, the situations real. Derek [Connolly, co-writer on the film] and I started with a blank page and worked all the way through the summer. The process got easier when we decided not to rush to meet that 2014 release date. There just wasn’t enough time. Steven [Spielberg] had the foresight to make that call, the studio was supportive, and I couldn’t be more grateful.

Can you tell us anything about how the film will look?
We’re shooting 35mm and 65mm film. We’re also using an aspect ratio that hasn’t been seen theatrically in a very long time. The movie will be presented in 2 to 1. It’s basically a middle ground between 2.35 and 1.85. It allows us enough height to fit humans and dinosaurs into a single frame, without giving up that sense of scope. It’s very close to the ratio of the digital IMAX screens, so it will look great in large format. I think other filmmakers will want to give it a try when they see how it looks. It’s very comfortable.

Will any of the characters from the original films be returning for this one?
I know a lot of fans want to see the original characters back. They’re iconic. But I respect those actors too much to shoehorn them into this story for my own sentimental reasons. Jurassic Park isn’t about the bad luck of three people who keep getting thrown into the same situation. The only reason they’d go back to that island is if the screenwriters contrived a reason for them to go. But there is a character from the first film who makes sense in our world. This hasn’t been announced yet, but BD Wong will be returning as Dr. Henry Wu. He had a much larger role in the original novel, he was the engineer of this breakthrough in de-extinction. He spent two decades living in Hammond’s shadow, underappreciated. We think there’s more to his story.

What can you tell us about Chris Pratt’s character in the movie?
He’s a classic hero in a very modern context. He’s the guy who will get you through the jungle alive – but like Malcolm, Grant and Sattler, he’s an expert in a scientific field that’s connected to our story. The character allows us to explore some new ideas about our relationship with these animals, without losing the humor and sense of adventure. He’s a great contrast for Bryce Dallas Howard’s character, who starts off very corporate, very controlled. Until the running and screaming starts. Then they need each other.

How will your Jurassic movie differ to the previous films?
I’m not on a mission to separate this film from the ones that came before. That will happen naturally – I have different instincts. But, like a lot of people my age, I grew up on Amblin movies. They’re a part of who I am as a filmmaker, and arguably as a person. This film will have a lot of new ideas in it, but I think the spirit will be familiar. It will have an old soul.

And blah blah blah... I swear IGN gets a interview and they ask the dumbest f'n questions. Glad to here BD Wong will be returning.

:exactly: :gah:

Agreed... That interview was nearly pointless. :dunno

That's because IGN is a SpinoTraitor! :mad:

On other note, I finally found my draft of JP4 I sent to Speilberg's email I could only find! :bunnydanc

Sec and I'll copy and paste. :lol Not like it matters, but be very funny to see if coincidence. :lol

Jurassic Park Resurrection (Created in 2010)

Characters

Tim Murphy (Cybernetic Geneticist)
Alexis Norrington (Sister of Tim) Cameo
Dr. Alan Grant (Paleontologist) Cameo
Ian Malcolm (Chaos Mathematician) Cameo
Dr. Henry Wu (Ingen Cloner Geneticist)
Lily Richardson (Ingen board member)
Andy Montgomery (Ingen Computer Programmer)
David Fletcher

Actors

Joseph Mazzello - Tim Murphy
Michael Keaton - Andrew Montgomery
Bradley Darryl "BD" Wong - Dr. Henry Wu
Reese Witherspoon - Lily Richardson
Sam Neill - Dr. Alan Grant
Jeff Goldblum - Ian Malcolm

Board Members of Ingen go to their secret facility and meet brain controlled raptors and issues a clean up Isla Nublar and Sorna. The dinosaurs go berserk when things are almost ready, after painstakingly recapturing the park is back on schedule and is fulfilled with full opening.

This explains the Neural Implant designation.

D.E.M.O.N.

D.igital
E.motion
M.anipulator
O.bjective
N.etworker

Prologue.
This explains how when a balance of nature and control are in affect properly they live in perfect harmony.

The Meeting.
Here’s were we meet Andy and Lily where the board members bicker over reinstating JP. Though the solution hasn’t been decided, Andy leads the members to cars waiting for them outside. Clueless were they’re going, except Andy.

D.E.M.O.N.S
This is were Andy introduces Tim and Wu at Ingen’s old radioactivity lab that was converted into a biochemist facility. And where the board members meet the Raptors and decide okay to reinstate JP.

Victims from the Past
This is were Tim confronts Grant and Malcolm to gain info on Site B.

Inspection of the Vessels.
Tim, Lily, and Andy plus the rest of the crew inspect the Helicopters and Transport bunkers.

Site A.
They arrive and see new wonders to the park and the Dinosaurs we didn’t see the first time. The raptors are woken except the female. And are given special instructions through Andy’s wrist communicator to protect the team and alert them if they smell trouble.

Aftermath of a Park.
This is were the team inspects the overall infrastructure of the fences and mortared lagoons. They find out the fences are all shorted out and the lagoons are damaged.

Still Operational.
Though the news was predictable after 20 years of Rainfall. The team discovers the waterfall and geothermic generators are all fine. So the team just needs to put up new fences and drain the lagoons and mend the cracks without bothering the population of Dinos.

Establishing the Base of Operations.
The team spends the night in the bunkers and reports in to the Board. The Raptors spray a urine circle around camp to warn off smaller predators. Though through the bushes oblivious to the Raptors senses because of their strong urine is a stalker.

Frozen in Time.
The team inspects the Visitor Center. Tim being curious after all these years, heads straight to the kitchen. Opening the Meat Fridge, shocked to witness the freezer still having the raptor that pursued him and sister dead and frostbitten.

Terrors that Hatched.
The team inspects the Nursery/Lab. They find oodles of broken eggs. Upon before arriving Tim asked Grant what did he see before he and his sister got there. Grant answered they inspected some raptor eggs. This quote came back to Tim’s mind when he saw this. He thinks that the raptors couldn’t have survived, though time will tell.

The Old bird Attacks!
The team spends another night at camp, though as they sleep a bump shakes Tim’s bed. Half awake he looks at his clock and sees the water rippling. The ear pitched roar of a Tyrannosaur goes through the camp. Tim instantly thinks of everyone’s safety. As they look out the noise is gone and so is one of the raptors.

Rex Trap.
Now that the team knows the Rex is alive. They instantly set a trap and await for the creature. That turns out to be a no-show.

Night Stalkers.
The team is ambushed by a predator herd of Dilophosaurus’ coming back from the trap. The Raptors keep the herd away, but not without one of the members being lost.

Trouble dealt With.
The team puts up a perimeter fence around the camp. The camp is safe, though the jungle is not.

Upgrades.
After 2 months of trapping the builders and worker land at the east dock. Progression starts as the workers rebuild the fences and the paddocks; that are now again filled with the species they belong to. The only significant problem is the loose Rex.

Caught.
The Rex is caught and is now in its original pen. Though wary of escape, Tim issues a guard with a RPG.

Up and Running.
2 more months no significant problems and the assembly and work force has completed the task. JP is ready to open, though the only problem are the priceless creations that were not on this island.

Preparation.
Tim inspects the equipment still realizing that he has another island to attend to.

Site B.
The team arrives off the coast of Sorna, seeing a dark image in the water slowly return to the internal realms of the island from the Helicopter. Raising the thought, that they can get off the island.

Establishing the Base of Operations.
The team sets up another camp and gives the board once again another update.

Clans.
The team investigates the outer and internal regions. After 2 days of studying and trapping animals Site A doesn’t have. The team witnesses 3 different clans of Raptors come together. The 1st clan is black and white, the 2nd is red and tiger striped, and the 3rd shorter and green suddenly they attack each other. After 15 minutes of brutal conflict the clans hiss at each other and head back the way they each came. Tim and the rest are astonished by the sudden rival attack.

The New bird.
The team is confronted by the Spinosaurus when moving in the lower territories. The team tries to outrun the dino, but loses another raptor satisfying the predators hunger.

Risky, but Plausible.
Tim sets a trap for the Spino, the plan goes wrong. Though utterly the tide turns when the Spino chases a raptor right back to the trap. The chemical chroluform effects the beast immediately and the team issue another transport carrier for the Spino to be moved to Site A in a empty updated paddock.

Notes of a Psycho.
More trapping and transporting. The team comes upon an one the old Ingen labs. They check the site out, noticing paper. Tim picks up the water soaked paper reading what he can. What he finds out is that Ingen was planning more deadly dinosaurs.

Déjà Vu.
The team head back to Site A to only have a Tropical Storm coming, Tim is reminded of this and hopes the events that happened last time don't happen. However the fences were all Nedry's fault so Tim made sure the fences were not on a digital grid.

In the Lion's den.
Wu and Andy express that they thinks it's better to add more species that have not been made, however Tim feels that would compromise the security more than it already is at the moment. The board agrees with Wu and Andy after a argument Tim and Lily.

Transporting the Goods.
Old Geneticists along with Chemist and Geneticist equipment arrive at the east dock for Wu's research on different species.

Disruption and Quarantine.
A volcanic tremor sets the geothermal plant to go haywire, frantic that it will explode; Tim makes the choice to shut down the plant but make necessary precautions at all the paddocks. The events go not as planned as the T-Rex and Spinosaurus paddocks are now broken by both animals that run amuck. The T-Rex and Spinosaurus battle, the Rex wins; however Tim tranquilizes it to return it to the paddock.

Appropriate Security.
Tim makes sure that the newly hired mercenaries now Zoo Wardens are well aware and prepared for JP.

A Dream Fulfilled.
A month later after the park is open a brass statue sits in the middle of the pond from the visitor center of John Hammond smiling holding up a compy on his finger. Tim looks at it knowing his Grandfather's dream is now real.

I wrote and submitted some of this to Speilberg. Idk if some elements were taken. :dunno Not trying to get glory or anything, just wondering after 4 years if this is what to expect.

I saw that hoax circulating Facebook, IIRC DNA can only be used within the first few million years.

Oh come on I was waiting for someone to say really? So I could say April Fools! Spoiler! :pfft:

Uff 2015 is so far, wait for this movie is so hard!

Btw, we can see some concept art for isla nublar In/Out and an Helipad
Really nice and futuristic design

gawi.jpg

v2nn1.jpg

n4j3.jpg

mtcw.jpg

here is a preview of some dialogue, really badaxs hamada, some doubt about the beast they are talking.. wich dino will be? sure female.. and if they are watchin from a tower, may she is really big (Can someone explaine me what is meaning "holds out a still hand"??

u98w.jpg

A mercedes on the hawaii way, hope in a great epic design as in JP

5y3j.jpg

Looks cool. I really want this to be good and not over the top with CGI action.

Back