Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started applying the 3rd shade to the body last night.

3C2351B1-AE4E-45C2-BFD6-04066DDBA89B.jpeg

DF56EAD9-48A9-4AD5-B313-6CD1800E279C.jpeg

984432F7-FABE-45D2-A130-F42B6ECBAFC6.jpeg

640B99A0-9708-4685-A750-83516E9099C8.jpeg

None of those Mattel JP '93 figures ever showed up at retail over here (as far as I know). Same with the Matchbox Set. Really odd, since the JW2 line is omnipresent.

A tedious pain to work on, but I also feel like the hardest area to work on, finally done so I can move on. Getting at the toe claws to paint the striping pattern and add the weathering I wanted was challenging, but now I can add the next layer of skin tone.

A99483DD-0C5A-4951-B882-3B999C6A2D1D.jpeg

413877FC-A5D3-4F47-8E50-A88139FA0139.jpeg

Rebor putting out some new Rexes, inspired by the Winston design. They've also got a couple based on the V-Rex from 2005's King Kong, but that's not JP-related.

41576839_1711755702284764_1670790656655622144_o.jpg

43062078_1738398169620517_3088620512809582592_o.jpg

I plan to get the brown, I have a green Papo that serves the Buck presence in my collection enough, I prefer Rexy above all.

jp2.jpg

JP.jpg

So here's the explanation on what happened with Chronicle Collectible's 1/6 figures. From both sides.

edit. I don't know why when I uploaded it, it shrunk the text down so much. Was trying to preserve the post, but I'll just copy and paste:

Fellas,

I created this new post in response to original post created by Charles Lim about ACI "me too" claim on Chronicle Collectible. As it is a very detailed reply from CC and an extremely long read, I think it deserve it's own post......

"I will summarize what occurred in as concise and clear a way as possible for those who care to know.
Chronicle Collectibles engaged in a partnership with ACI approximately 2 years ago. This partnership was entered into in a hope that ACI could efficiently and effectively bring our proposed 1/6 scale line of figures to market. Upon entering into this agreement we made it very clear that we only produce products that are 100% licensed and approved by one of our licensing partners, and that we only release products that are of a high quality that we ourselves would want to purchase and own.
ACI’s responsibility in this relationship was to provide pattern work for the clothing and accessories of our proposed 1/6 scale line, as well as serve as a retailer in their respective geographic market, where, at the time, we had poor market penetration.
Upon disclosing this relationship with our licensors (major film studios), as any licensee is required to disclose partnerships of this kind, we were met with significant resistance and concern. It was revealed to us that ACI operates as an unlicensed bootleg operation called Pangea, and that licensors were aware that Pangea has produced many 1/6 scale statues of variable quality, all of which were unlicensed and sold without proper rights or any royalties paid. There was also concern expressed that the likeness work done on the 1/6 scale figures by our studio here in the US would find its way onto non-licensed bootleg product in the future if the partnership were to continue.
Given this concern from our licensing partners, who are essential allies in this industry, we were obliged to terminate the partnership.
Both companies suffered loss from this terminated partnership. ACI claims it suffered $20,000 worth of loss, and is demanding we pay them that entire amount. However, Chronicle Collectibles suffered significant loss as well, as we paid for much of the prototype work (including all the likeness/portrait work) and had to explain to our licensing partners why we partnered with a company known, at least to them, to produce non-licensed bootleg product.
We have offered to pay ACI approximately $9000 of the roughly $20,000 they believe they are owed in an effort to resolve this without further slander from them, but they have refused.
ACI has clearly blamed production delays and poor customer satisfaction on Chronicle Collectibles, but it is hard to believe that a company is made or broken by an amount that even they claim is only $20,000.
The 1/6 scale figures we were attempting to produce with ACI were never approved for release and were never sold or preordered, so Chronicle Collectibles received no revenue of any kind. On the contrary, due to our false start with ACI, we have disappointed and upset fans who were anticipating timely release of these figures.
If Chronicle Collectibles moves forward, as we plan to do, in the future with any of the 1/6 scale figures that were begun under the brief ACI partnership, we will pay ACI the full amount due for any of the prototype work that is used, though we plan to re-pattern the clothing work as it is not up to our product standards.
Both sides of this partnership suffered some financial hardship from this failed relationship, and Chronicle Collectibles further suffered significant hardship in regards to our licensing relationships, though this was repaired quickly by termination of the partnership with ACI.
Chronicle Collectibles has attempted to stay above any dispute. However, given the relative public nature of ACI’s slanderous claims against us, it is prudent to illuminate the details of how the bootleg products of ACI/Pangea destroyed any potential for success for these products under the prior partnership.
Chronicle Collectibles’ 1/6 scale figure line will see the light of day, but the prototype work done in the past will only be an echo of what Chronicle Collectibles finally produces, as these 1/6 scale figures will be of the highest quality, and will be fully licensed and approved by our licensing partners and the actors whose likenesses are portrayed.
I understand that when companies are under financial strain due to poor sales or poor customer service there is a desire to blame outside interests for the hardship, but it is unreasonable for ACI to claim their multiple hardships are due to the amount they incorrectly claim we owe.
Feel free to send any questions directly to me. I will answer if it is relevant and appropriate to this dispute.

Sincerely,
Clay

H. Clay Brown
President
Chronicle Collectibles

Well that clears up the mystery of why they were shown and then never popped up anywhere for preorder. Also I never knew ACI is or is connected to Pangea.

On a brighter note it looks like Chronicle might still make 1/6 JP figures.

I wondered what had happened to those 1/6 scale JP figures! Great to hear that they still might happen! :)

While not where near on par with some of the amazing customs I have seen in this thread, I wanted to show off my JP/JW shelves/diorama. Please note, I sometimes have a potty mouth in my vids so you may not want to cuddle up with your small kiddo and watch this.
THanks!

Was the 3.75” Malcolm cancelled or something? I thought the line was doing great. Weird they don’t have any new Legacy figures out yet.

Well shoot, there he is. Thank you!

Are there any other new Legacy figures releasing with him?

Well shoot, there he is. Thank you!

Are there any other new Legacy figures releasing with him?

There's a Gallimimus that's been showing up on social media and there was supposed to be a water squirting Dilophosaurus as well.

42647659_1892481884180786_5429342162168230703_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back