Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I visited two Targets and they each had at least three of him. The face printing seemed off on all of them though, so I think my area was hit with some bad batches. Even the Alan Grant that came in his case had his face almost on the side of his head.

I did manage to find a decent one though.

My nearest Target had one Ellie and one Malcolm. The downside: someone broke into the Malcolm box and stole the compy (not sure why). The upside: Legacy humans were on sale for $7 and I already have too many compies from the other characters. Went ahead and grabbed him.

Apologies if it's been asked before, but has anyone heard from Mattel if they're planning on making Hammond?

I have only heard of more dinosaurs and the 6" line Owen and Malcolm, no word on more humans. I would think we'd see Nedry or someone from Lost World before Hammond.

https://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/jurassic-world-legacy-collection-tyrannosaurus-rex-pack-gct98

e7ieer.jpg

Non-packaged photos have jacked-up colors as usual, but the packaged photo looks quite nice. I'm thinking that's a better indicator of how the real thing will appear, thank goodness.

Yeah, that paint is much nicer/more accurate. I regret getting the first release now. :lol

We need Nedry!

Question for anyone that's done repaints: I'm looking to add some metallic blue stripes to the new Spinosaurus and was wondering if acrylic is the best option. Should I also seal it with anything afterwards? I tend to have bad experiences with most craft sealers, leaving the object somewhat sticky (not to mention they muddy the paint).

I like it quite a bit. Too bad I already have the baby that comes with it from earlier Legacy release. What I'm really hoping for is that they reconsider bringing more of the Spinosaurus figures to Target. I really wanted to get one of those.

What is that green Rex more accurate to? Not the first movie right, am I missing something?

It's from The Lost World.

What is that green Rex more accurate to? Not the first movie right, am I missing something?

To the Lost World, yeah, and I think it’s a closer match to the first movie. Sort of.

jp1behind-19.jpg

I’m not a huge fan of the bright orange T-Rexes currently available.

Question for anyone that's done repaints: I'm looking to add some metallic blue stripes to the new Spinosaurus and was wondering if acrylic is the best option. Should I also seal it with anything afterwards? I tend to have bad experiences with most craft sealers, leaving the object somewhat sticky (not to mention they muddy the paint).

Always stick with acrylics. As far as a sealer, I've always trusted Testors Dullcote, which you can find at Hobby Lobby and other related stores. It comes in a matte and a gloss finish. Instinctively, you'd think the matte would always be the better option, but some of these toys do have a slight 'glossiness' to them. My advice would be to buy a can of each (it's not that expensive) and test each one on a 'throwout figure' after simulating your metallic finish on it first.

If it's not going to be handled at all, you may not even need a clear coat, but I've always felt like the 'better safe than sorry' adage applies well here. The tough part will be finding a place to spray it in the winter. Temperature can make a huge difference in how well things are coated and how quickly they dry.

(God, I hope something in there was helpful. :lol)

Definitely. Thank you!

Good point on the winter temps. Maybe the common thread in my failures is always catching the customizing bug during cold season. :lol

Definitely. Thank you!

Good point on the winter temps. Maybe the common thread in my failures is always catching the customizing bug during cold season. :lol

I know what you mean. Living in the NW is frustrating for this kind of stuff. :gah:

Back