Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing beats the toys from the first film.

I did pick up a few of the Legacy Hot Wheels cars though. Really appreciate those.

^ Crossing fingers for a Legacy jungle explorer for the figures, eBay prices are too much for the retro one, plus it has the slots for the missiles on the rear driver side :lol

Wow that bottom shot is laughable.

All they needed to do was at least make Rexy color accurate for me to even give a little bit of a **** about these new films and they refuse to even do that.

I’d be curious to know why such deviation, was there some thought like we think aging would cause this or what. Doesn’t make sense to reinvent the wheel when it was so good already.

Painted the first layer of the mouth and added veins, my plan is to add heavy veins and then lay the next layer over them to get some transparency.

141F527F-FEF0-48FB-92BC-CEC0AA64469A.jpeg

F81F8B42-BF42-4361-84FD-33DBD3058271.jpeg

6F5D5C4F-C811-4934-8554-A801289F8459.jpeg

They said that the spino was more of a hybrid than an actual dinosaur. Lots of backtracking from that scene. Was never a good idea to do something so stupid as killing the most popular dinosaur ever. One bite from the neck and the spino would of had its throat crushed. Like the design overall but the Rex is just better and will always be king.
Spino is only bigger because of his sail.

Well JP3 changed the Raptors too, it seemed like anything goes. At least Raptors looking like they did in JW made sense, Wu even says they did things to make them look cool.

I think the raptors looked worse in jp3 with there horrible color scheme and silly Mohawk feathers

They brought back the Spino for JW:Evolution so that's a plus in some sense. :lol

Spino is only bigger because of his sail.

If you're referring to the actual species of Spinosaurus and not the Jurassic Park version, that actually depends on who you ask. Spinosaurus, even with the controversial newly described posture and rear limb size, was likely longer, heavier, and overall more massive than T-Rex. If the new hindlimb size is true, Spino may not have the T-Rex beat in the height department - but otherwise it was probably the largest land-dwelling carnivore to walk the earth (that we know of.) Current estimates put it between 49 and 59 feet long (depending on which scientist you ask), 14 feet tall (including spines, I believe), and a weight between 12 and 20 tons. On the lower end of that range, it would have been bested in size by Carcharodontosaurus and Giganotosaurus, but if the average estimate is accurate, it exceeds them.

For comparison:

Tyrannosaurus is estimated to be up to 40 feet long, 12 feet tall, and 8 to 14 tons.
Giganotosaurus is estimated to be up to 42 feet long, 13 feet tall, and 4 to 14 tons.
Carcharodonotosaurus is estimated to be up to 44 feet long, 12 feet tall, and 6 to 15 tons.
Spinosaurus is estimated to be up to 59 feet long, 14 feet tall, and 12 to 20 tons.

I don't think the current estimates on Spinosaurus should be taken as fact until a complete specimen is found. As it stands, only fragmentary remains from multiple specimens of varying ages/sizes have been found.

Yeah they only got a handful of bones from Spino. Even still, a bite from a Rex would kill them all. It was a fleshborn compactor.

Back