Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can i find the matchbox?

Target stores, Mattel has an exclusive Legacy line there which features toys for the Jurassic Park films, while all other are limited to Jurassic World characters, vehicles and dinosaurs.

6C53985F-96DE-47B1-82BB-4244142181AA.jpeg

970B0914-34F1-4F45-8556-CFE75769A175.jpeg

C851436B-515A-49C1-ADD9-5BF7E6EE1EDD.jpeg

489DB5B6-A9AF-4390-AC2F-DC51B99FAD42.jpeg

610D6B7D-F124-4D75-B612-EE1BF511DF3A.jpeg

Price is great too, about $1, hard to imagine anything that nice could only cost $1 in today's economy.

It's unfortunate that the vehicles aren't in scale to each other, but hey, for a $1 each I have my 3 favorite JP related vehicles, always thought the trailer in Lost World was cool, even though this is only half, still cool to have. By the time Lost World came out, I didn't get many toys as many were repaints of the original dinosaurs and I didn't care much about getting the humans, but I did want the trailer, never got it, but made one out of legos that could hold Malcom and some other figures, had break away glass and everything. Used K'nex to make extra park fences and such too. Thankfully building toys were versatile like that back then, not now where sets pretty much only make what's in the box or you spend a small fortune to eventually amass enough parts to be creative.

Anyone else having trouble finding a Stegosaurus with correctly painted eyes?

My son’s birthday was yesterday and I got him the super colossal Rex along with a set of the legacy characters and a few dinos. He’s loving it. His friends are over now and they are seeing what the red can and cannot fit in it’s mouth. I think Mattel did a pretty good job making figures that appeal to us adults that grew up with the original and the current group of kids that are now being exposed to the franchise.

Toys are still good and sell well when they're fun and good quality. Weird, right? :lol

Here's a good look at the upcoming Malcolm figure. Apologies if this has been posted already.

541875b4500bc2248a429c1931670a9d72c02d32v2_hq.jpg

My son’s birthday was yesterday and I got him the super colossal Rex along with a set of the legacy characters and a few dinos. He’s loving it. His friends are over now and they are seeing what the red can and cannot fit in it’s mouth. I think Mattel did a pretty good job making figures that appeal to us adults that grew up with the original and the current group of kids that are now being exposed to the franchise.

I bought two carded galamimus dinos and they are perfect for SC Rex to eat.

Thankfully building toys were versatile like that back then, not now where sets pretty much only make what's in the box or you spend a small fortune to eventually amass enough parts to be creative.

I made my own version of Jurassic Park: The Ride. Based on the other items in the photo, I think this was 1996? 1997? It had to have been after the Ride opened at Universal, but before I rode it in '98.

Knex Jurassic Park.jpg

I'm having the ridiculous urge to re-make this now. (I do have a brand-new Knex Roller Coaster set stashed away. These Mattel Dinos might be the perfect excuse to break it out... :wink1:

That's very impressive for a kid to put together.

Most I ever did was make stuff out of cardboard. :lol I never got into K'Nex unfortunately.

I made my own version of Jurassic Park: The Ride. Based on the other items in the photo, I think this was 1996? 1997? It had to have been after the Ride opened at Universal, but before I rode it in '98.

View attachment 407649

I'm having the ridiculous urge to re-make this now. (I do have a brand-new Knex Roller Coaster set stashed away. These Mattel Dinos might be the perfect excuse to break it out... :wink1:

this is wonderful

That's very impressive for a kid to put together.

Most I ever did was make stuff out of cardboard. :lol I never got into K'Nex unfortunately.

Well I would've been 15 here, so don't give me too much credit. Did I mention I was a solitary child/teenager? :lol (As an amusing side note, there's a plastic cream-colored egg towards the bottom center that I recall being one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRu7V9Agg64)

Back