Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears Chronicle is not giving up on trying to get 1/6 Grant out, and now is even proposing a 1/6 Raptor figure.

67598381_2371244613148221_459108568660334105_n.jpg
Man, I hope Grant actually sees release this time... I was pretty disappointed when they said the 1/6 figures were canned. That raptor looks awesome too. I'd be in for both.

Amber Series, so far, is going to be a GameStop Exclusive, Malcolm and JP Raptor are up for preorder, no release date yet though.

Raptor
https://www.gamestop.com/collectibl...tor-65-inch-figure-sdcc-2019-exclusive/177629

Malcolm
https://www.gamestop.com/collectibl...olm-65-inch-figure-sdcc-2019-exclusive/177631

I ordered the Raptor because the articulation is hard to pass up and it will scale pretty well with SC Rex, I'm passing on Malcom though, I don't like him enough to have a one off figure that doesn't really go with my collection.

Thanks, ordered the raptor. :)

I wanted a 1/6 Owen and Blue. For the price that would be, that's probably all I would get, though.

I thought I read some announcement on one of the 1/6 groups that Chronicle was going through some financial troubles. Anyone else hear about that?

Grants tailoring looks like hell. They better step it up if they wanna get into 1/6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes, I hope Chronicle's financial issues don't affect their pre-order shipments. I was considering ordering their Indominus, but between all of the delays that piece has been through and now this, I'm thinking that I might have made the wise decision in not ordering it.

Honestly, all that Grant needs is a good water treatment on the clothes. You have to remember, his outfit was quite relaxed and loose fitting in the movie. The more important issue is that Chronicle is showing it off again. :pray:

Unfortunately, timing and price suck, I have 2 items shipping in August that take up my entire collectibles budget for the month. I get why it's higher than it was for attendees, but $30 shipped for Hammond makes me question my JP collection and how much I really need him. While he is the architect of it all and it's a one of a kind figure, my JP lineup is already tight and I just don't know if he really has a place, at this point, Nedry is probably the only other human I feel a need to get. I've ultimately decided to pass on the Brontosaurus too, I keep looking at pics and it's just too massive, I don't know where i'd put it and I was finally able to get a Papo Brachiosaurus for $30 so I went for it, at least I have a really nice Winston Brachi in my collection, even if not in perfect scale.

Take the time to try to make more accurate the Matchbox JP Ford Explorer.

Out of the box the shape is great but the car is too green for my taste and needs more details even if it's already the "mud" version.

So i try to capture the look of the movie with severals changes of painting. It's far from perfection and not a professionnal result but a huge improvement from the stock version:

But all that was to accompany the 1/35 Rebor Killer Queen Plain T-rex that i received a few weeks ago.

Completly amazed by this T-Rex!
The sculpt is perfect, the paint and details are awesome (quite a statue quality), the size is great, and the pose is iconic!
Even the eyes are not simply painted in yellow. They made a sort of metallic gold that brings a lot of life. The colour is 100% JP 1993.

It surpases all my expectations. I mean i could have paid twice or three times the price, i would still be happy! Seriously, and no offense to 600 and + dinos and theirs owners, but HOW a non official, unlicensed, 50 $ dino could be so good and accurate???
I mean, i don't remember that any figure or statue, no matter price or scale, came so close to the original material source from Stan Winston work!
Look at him, IMO this is definitly THE T-REX from Jurassic Park we all saw on screen in 1993...

Useless to say that i immediatly canceled my Prime One 1/38 T-REX pre-order...

I think I hate you. I passed on that Rebor Rex, and now... I'm refusing to regret it.

Really.

:gah:

Do not hate me and i’m sure you can still find him at an affordable price! :wink1:

Seriously their Winston raptor was already awesome but this T-Rex is truly incredible!
They produced this Plain version, very oriented 1993 and the Jungle one, more in the green Lost World paint scheme.

Rebors are great, but I'm not crazy about how pronounces some of the body skin texture is pronounced, looks more bumpy and less like cracks in the skin, the overall sculpt and head is phenominal though.

Back