Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW)

Here's the Chronicle Collectible Breakout T-Rex.
IMG_20170523_165918_617.jpg

IMG_20170523_181034_403.jpg

IMG_20170523_235900_198.jpg

IMG_20170523_230530_007.jpg

Recommended. IMO the best posed Rex out there. And one of the best massproduced Winston Tyrannosaurs to date. It's not perfect, but pretty damn close.

I've been checking out geenemodels lately and was wondering, is he legit? Has anyone had any issues with him or his models? How come you don't see a lot of in-hand pics of his stuff?

GeeneModels is both legit and not. He did produce items, and I have seen them in collector's hands.. eventually. His website is now gone unfortunately, but I just don't think it could withstand the number of people complaining about not receiving their items. He was notorious for being incredibly slow and non-responsive to people about items they had ordered from him. You can still find him on Facebook and DeviantArt, but his actual website with products is now gone. Even if you try to talk to him on Facebook it can be frustrating, because he doesn't respond, even if you know he's online. It's a real shame, as he did a lot of amazing work.

Yeah, that's the feeling I got – amazing work, but many patches of silence until it eventually arrives. So he doesn't sell them anymore? Are there any other independent players who create that level of figures/statues?

I haven't seen anyone else putting out JP work on that level. I'm not sure what the GeeneModels guy is actually doing now, if maybe he now has legit work or is taking a hiatus, but I would have liked to get at least one item from him. I hope he maybe comes back, he had been putting a lot if products out the last year or two. A lot of JP stuff, and other movie monsters.

I wish there were more artists like him putting out some JP stuff.

Brilliant! So nostalgic for me!

The Kenner merchandise was the best and still is the best produced Jurassic Park line to date. I used to have the Dilophosaurus with the sound effects, then i got the baby T-Rex and Triceratops. But one Christmas i think it was around the year 1995 i was in a store and came across the big red Tyrannosaurus for sale. I had to have him so I bought him for myself but used the excuse i was buying it for my brothers christmas present! lmao, good times...

Is anyone going to get that awesome 1/5 T-Rex by Chronicle Collectibles?

Pity it is not 1/6!

There are rumors Mattel and Hasbro may merge, that's bad news for us.

Yup. I hate hasbro

Here's a couple of pics of my 1:8 scale Rex and 1:5 scale Velociraptor
2.jpg

20170822_193618.jpg

20170822_193333.jpg

20170822_184226.jpg

20170822_184309.jpg

Rex has a set of awesome glass eyes that follow you around the room

3.jpg

Damn, that Rex awesome. That would be the centerpiece of any collection.

How much did it set you back?

That velociraptor looks great, but they really should have put magnets in the feet and given it a base instead of having a clear rod jammed up its body.

Wasn't there a company make 1/6 figures for the franchise? Whatever happened to that?

Damn, that Rex awesome. That would be the centerpiece of any collection.

How much did it set you back?
I picked her up from another collector here in the UK for just under a grand which when you look at how much chronicle is charging for the 1:5 scale seems like a pretty sweet deal. It's originally from gene models i believe.

I picked her up from another collector here in the UK for just under a grand which when you look at how much chronicle is charging for the 1:5 scale seems like a pretty sweet deal. It's originally from gene models i believe.
Definitely a great deal on the quality alone. The paint on Chronicle's Breakout Rex is really lacking to me, and they're charging $550 for that one.

Nice to see some JP love. Here's a quick pic I took of my 2 Geene models (1:35)

Bull (TLW) and Female (JP)
37974443644_311118b4ca.jpg

Will add more soon.

Here's some more I took in the daylight. I bought the pair directly from Galileo at Geene Models and he had great communication with fast shipping from Mexico. It's unfortunate to hear others didn't get the best service from him. I recently added a matte varnish and touched up some paint because I didn't like how glossy they came. I also added the wax base so they wouldn't tip over.

1:35 Scale
26935540429_69458b87b0_z.jpg

37823347055_c023fbb80f_z.jpg

37993634034_62193d8bf4_z.jpg
37993625214_a516aef54f_z.jpg

37823368715_aeb337aaae_z.jpg
37993628834_8f751fa95b_z.jpg

Here is the 1/8 scale hand puppet I also bought from Galileo. It's fun to terrorize the dogs with.
38679764652_44d5296067_z.jpg

38656280636_16302bc1b7_z.jpg

24839102958_677a4b04c7_z.jpg

24839104278_8174213fc1_z.jpg

Thanks for looking

Wahou!!! These geene dino are really amazing!!!
I went on his FB page but i did not found its product. Does he still sell his dinos?

:dunno

Back