Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW)

Apparently images of Hasbro's Jurassic World toys have leaked. They look worse than the JP3 line. :monkey4

31039014_big.jpg
31033014_big.jpg
31023004_big.jpg
31056004_big.jpg

Some raptors and a bad looking t-rex... There's gotta be more than that on the way.

All I remember from the JP3 line was a big Spinosaurus.

There is more listed, but these are the only photos.

Hoping that T-Rex isn't representative of the on-screen design. Doesn't look like a Winston Rex at all.

They are a step forward compared to the awful JP 3 toys.

In what way?

Looks like they're doing the same thing they did with the JP3 line.
Preposed sculpts with minimal articulation (likely part of an action feature) and unsightly battle damage.

c1nwb1U.jpg
zvgqhS1.jpg

The Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus they released in 2013 were a step in the right direction.
Great looking sculpts, decent articulation, neutral poses (like the Kenner lines), and removable battle-damage pieces (like the Kenner lines). I'm disappointed they didn't continue in that direction.

Last edited:

I was hoping they'd look like the Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus figures they released as TRU exclusives. They looked nice and they also did nice Carnotaurus and Stegisaurus too.

You've got to be kidding me. Considering the subject matter, can I go back in time to when a company named Kenner knew how to make awesome dinosaur toys? More than 20 years later... So much for 'advancements'. It could be nostalgia talking, but ever since the change/merge into Hasbro, the toy sculpts and quality have really suffered.

I was hoping they'd look like the Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus figures they released as TRU exclusives. They looked nice and they also did nice Carnotaurus and Stegisaurus too.

Too bad they didn't release the latter.

Too bad they didn't release the latter.

Yeah. I think there were pics of them on some of the figure packages. I'd think it'd be a no brainier to release those with Jurassic World.

T-Rex looks godawful. Spinosaurus looks like re-use of the JP3 sculpt. In all honesty though, I liked the JP3 toys. Thought the sculpts and paint apps were great. It wasn't until they relaunched the Jurassic Park line a few years ago with those ridiculous "fusion" repaints (or whatever they were called) that the figures' appearance worsened. The original stuff based on the film was super and there was a lot of it, too.

I'm hoping the CGI in the movie is much better than these photos.

The old kenner jp toys especially the ones from the original movie were the best imo. I remember getting the young t-rex and not being too happy with the battle damage part until I finally got my hands on the adult t-rex which was just awesome. You can't beat the horizons kit either.

$_57.JPG

$_58.JPG

Um back the in the 90s it seems toys that were marketed to kids had way more detail and thought put into them. Sad really. The lost world and Jp toys were freaking excellent.

Yeah, the original JP toys were great. A lot of variety too. The adult T-rex was my favorite toy as a kid.

A month back I was thinking how awesome this summer will be with new JP and Star Wars stuff on the shelves...but that might not be entirely true.

Yeah, the old school JP toys were thes best!
I remember coming down to my living room at Christmas and seeing the big T. rex, jeep and compound set. What an amazing morning that was! Played with them for years!!!!!!!
Would be great to see my son enjoy some toys from the up and coming JP world.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Back