Jungle Belloq.... FINALLY.. DONE !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
OK... I am finally calling it quits on this project... it is 90% done... but done enough to photograph.. ( albeit lousy pics... I will reshoot it later)... when sideshow released their Belloq I knew I HAD to do him up in Jungle gear.. for me that is the essential Belloq... sourcing the clothes was initially difficult.. but eventually I found pieces that were so close to accurate that they worked... only real issue I have is that the trousers do not have the field dressing pocket on the rear as they should... otherwise this outfit worked pretty well... ( SHIRT is from the DID Rommel, PANTS from DID's John Coleman, and the beautiful real leather boots are from Newline miniatures.. belt is Battlegear Toys, Holster is custom by me {go figure!}.. watch is by DML with a real leather strap)...
One big problem I had is that a 100% correct safari helmet is just not available... so.. I took a close enough helmet.. built a real leather sweat band inside.. and tossed it on the ground to hold a bottle of alcohol.. ( what else would Renee have around camp !)
The idea here is to depict Belloq shortly after returning to camp after reaping the rewards of Indy's treacherous descent into the Chachapoyan temple... he has come back to camp.. chucked off the helmet.. pulled out a drink.. tossed Indy's confiscated whip on the ground and his pistol on the table.. and has his prize ready to be wrapped up in cloth and packed away for his next trip to Marrakesh where he will sell it... At the moment he enjoys a drink and a smoke and is smugly celebrating his victory !

I have yet to load the pics to a host site... but they are posted on my site here
https://web.me.com/fishlippi/Site/Belloq%28jungle%29.html

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK !!!

THANKS !!!!!

By the way.... the base is a candle dish from the dollar bin at Target.. turned upside down and VOILA ! perfect figure base..... table is scrap basswood and balsa.... tree stump is from a real tree root... greenery is just stuff from the floral section at Hobby Lobby...

Holy crap! As a certain someone would say It's BEAUTIFUL!

Did you have to dye the Rommel shirt to match the Coleman pants?

Thanks for verifying that. I will buy one for my Belloq. Yours looks so much better and very inspirational.

Mate simply outstanding work, the whole dio is very well put together and the pose is awesome. Even if you didn't write a little story you could tell what has happened just looking at it.:clap:clap

Ron

Excellent work! :rock That's the Belloq I want to have in my collection. I really need to get a head sent to you for those mods soon.

Back