Jumbo Vintage Boba Fett review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that someone criticized the GG Jumbo Fett for the tool below his right kneecap not being painted orange (like the 21 Back Fett.) But now I see that at least the Trilogo Fett didn't have it painted either. So the GG Fett does match the paint on some vintage figures after all.

vintage_carded2021back_bobac7nopop.jpg
Vintage_TriLogoAFA_16391118.jpg

05.jpg

Eh. I think they just plain missed it, or made a creative decision to not paint it in production (though the latter would kinda fly in the face of the purpose of these things).

Eh. I think they just plain missed it, or made a creative decision to not paint it in production (though the latter would kinda fly in the face of the purpose of these things).

And this is what I mean. They spend all of that time renewing the mold lines then screw up the paint apps. That right there is the definition of Gentle Giant as a company.

Yeah, I hear that. So far, though, nothing has been a deal-breaker for me. Not even the exorbitant prices for the exclusives or the over-sized packaging. But since it's GG, there's bound to be something that rankles between now and 18+ more of these things. Of course, I never really collected any of their lines before... just an item here and there. So I haven't been burned like many have.

Yeah, I hear that. So far, though, nothing has been a deal-breaker for me. Not even the exorbitant prices for the exclusives or the over-sized packaging. But since it's GG, there's bound to be something that rankles between now and 18+ more of these things. Of course, I never really collected any of their lines before... just an item here and there. So I haven't been burned like many have.

Wait until they begin the International Exclusive releases for this line. ;)

I'm kind of hoping the regular releases will be tough sells and I can score some on the cheap after a year or so.

If Gentle Giant plays this right and keeps a tight, staggered release schedule and appropriate individual edition sizes, I think these will make for a treasured set for those who are into the line.

Yes, with him you get 4 boxes... so at the very least guest quarters are secured. And that Styrofoam makes for great insulation :lecture

I only got 2 boxes since it's the regular, but I did pick up the exclusive stand off eBay. Did they use 2 boxes for the stand or did they come up with a different configuration for the regular busts? :dunno

I was thinking there was an outer shipping box and an cardboard (not shiny) artbox for both?

I think the stand was just included in the box with the Anakin portrait and dome pieces. But honestly, unboxing that thing was such a pain I've blocked much of the experience out :lol
n.jpg

Back