Jumbo Vintage Boba Fett review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, the old figures are cool because they represent a simpler time, both in marketing and in toy collecting. As such, they are cool and fun to collect. Blowing the figures up to 12" is not cool and takes the charm away from the originals. This is a really stupid idea, but there are SO many stupid collectors who will buy this and spend the disgusting pricetag.

Okay, the old figures are cool because they represent a simpler time, both in marketing and in toy collecting. As such, they are cool and fun to collect. Blowing the figures up to 12" is not cool and takes the charm away from the originals. This is a really stupid idea, but there are SO many stupid collectors who will buy this and spend the disgusting pricetag.

batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg
:lol

I dont think its very WISE to be calling your fellow freaks 'stupid collectors'.
For some the SW vintage figures represent a unique sentimentality from when we were kids.
Its not a stupid idea, pricetag might be high sure, but im actually suprised no one else has thought of this idea in the past 30 odd years.
If you dont like it or are not into it then dont say anything, especially as harsh as that.. :lecture
I still HATE Gentle Giant though, mostly for there complete LACK of customer service and ridiculous ETAs and delays... they are just the WORST.

Last edited:
I dont think its very WISE to be calling your fellow freaks 'stupid collectors'.
For some the SW vintage figures represent a unique sentimentality from when we were kids.
Its not a stupid idea, pricetag might be high sure, but im actually suprised no one else has thought of this idea in the past 30 odd years.
If you dont like it or are not into it then dont say anything, especially as harsh as that.. :lecture
I still HATE Gentle Giant though, mostly for there complete LACK of customer service and ridiculous ETAs and delays... they are just the WORST.

If you want sentimental, just buy the original. It's cheaper and more genuine satiation of said sentimentality.

That's just what Joker does...
Get a life.

If you want sentimental, just buy the original. It's cheaper and more genuine satiation of said sentimentality.

So how old are you?
My guess is you know absolutely nothing about vintage star wars and about how much a vintage Boba Fett costs on card. :mad:

So how old are you?
My guess is you know absolutely nothing about vintage star wars and about how much a vintage Boba Fett costs on card. :mad:

I was talking about a loose example. And don't worry, I know more than you ever will regarding vintage SW collecting.

This is what Gentle Giant does to us. It makes us argue and talk money and such. Why must we let GG do this to us every time?

Hmm... Yeah, many of those are on the more obscure side for sure. But I definitely think that is doable without breaking the bank. Are you opposed to using repro items (vinyl capes, weapons, etc) to complete some of the figures? If not it'd be even easier (and cheaper).

I'll keep my eyes open. I tend to come across vintage collections for sale all the time. And, Dragon*Con is this weekend. A few dealers there will have some vintage SW stuff without the inflated Celebration prices.

I'm trying to stay away from repro parts if possible... but at the same time when buying loose figures its hard to be 100% sure :lol

But yeah, if you come across anything let me know :duff I used to check Rebelscum's commerce section, but haven't in a long time.

Don't feed the troll guys. Moving along, now that GG has completed the Jumbo Boba Fett, I wonder how far they'll milk him with all the possible packaging variations.

vintage_carded2021back_bobac7nopop.jpg

Vintage_TriLogoAFA_16391118.jpg

droids_fett.jpg

I do admit I'll have to get the Droids version if they get that far.

And now I know they're awesome. :lecture

I do admit I'll have to get the Droids version if they get that far.
It won't. At this point they have no plans to do any beyond the initial 20/21. That can change, of course, but some of the "wish lists" I've seen out there are a pipe dream. The initial purpose of this line was to honor the original figures from '77-'79. That would be these:

1977-78
Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia Organa
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
Darth Vader
Han Solo
See-Threepio (C-3PO)
Stormtrooper / Imperial Stormtrooper
Death Squad Commander / Star Destroyer Commander
Jawa
Sand People / Sandpeople / Tusken Raider (Sand People)

1978-79
Greedo
Hammerhead
Snaggletooth
Walrus Man
Arfive-Defour (R5-D4)
Death Star Droid
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot) / Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Fighter Pilot)
Power Droid

1979-80
Boba Fett

That doesn't mean they won't do a figure or two from TESB or ROTJ. But I think the only ones you're for sure to see are the ones above. They're probably not keen on all of those card variants, either. We'll see.

Last edited:
It won't. At this point they have no plans to do any beyond the initial 20/21. That can change, of course, but some of the "wish lists" I've seen out there are a pipe dream.

Considering that the very first figure in the entire line (41 Back TESB Stormtrooper) broke that limitation I see no reason not assume that a 1985 Droids Fett is a distinct possibility (especially considering the figure itself was completed so early and is probably the most popular of all vintage SW figures.)

Regardless of what extra figures they produce, I'm absolutely thrilled that 11 of the first 12 are already in the can with plans to most likely complete the first 21.

I was talking about a loose example. And don't worry, I know more than you ever will regarding vintage SW collecting.

Isn't there a pic of Heath Ledger you should be crying all over or a lame new TDK 1/6 Joker you should be having fanboy trouser creampies and obsessing about in the DC boards instead of trolling here?

Considering that the very first figure in the entire line (41 Back TESB Stormtrooper) broke that limitation...

Don't get carried away. They merely swapped the SW logo on the cards for the TESB one to make the first two 30th Anniversary con exclusives. I just don't see the same appeal for something like "Droids". :lol

Back