Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to justify S. You are fantastic at what you do.

I am very happy with the Hat for my Reg. Joker as he looks perfect to me now.

To those talking about the prices, I guess they should try posting their thoughts in Kato or Bobby C. or such artists' threads. Would be quite an entertainment. :lol

great stuff spazzy!!!

Thanks!
I guess people are just comfortable with mass produced pieces and prices, these statues would be 2-3 times as much if they were made here.

Oh and also have 2 hats available too (1 possibly taken)
And a crowbar can be added to a mallet set for $50.

Hi to all,after the hammers and a couple of alternative heads, I just finished an another alternative head for the joker pf, I saw what Troy McDevitt make in the head acording to the comic death of the family so I decided to make one on myself, I just modify the canale head and add the mask and another hair cut, just let you the pics, is on casting stage so no molds or so have been maded also any opinions will be apreciated and any changes!!. Thanks!

Last edited:
$160.00 + shipping ? :horror I thought this was like $35.00.

quality custom work is going to cost a pretty penny and its justified. people just don't seem to understand how expensive this stuff is if you were to do it on your own. the only reason SSC is even able to sell these for $300-$400 a pieces is because its mass produced in a factory in china and the workers are getting paid peanuts. If you were to sculpt a model in a 3d program like zbrush and send it to be 3d printed in 1/4 scale, i'm guessing it would cost you any where from $700-$1000 for a quality print. That's not including paintjob. Keep that in mind when you see prices on quality custom work. :wave

btw, great work on the mallet/hands and that custom head above!

quality custom work is going to cost a pretty penny and its justified. people just don't seem to understand how expensive this stuff is if you were to do it on your own. the only reason SSC is even able to sell these for $300-$400 a pieces is because its mass produced in a factory in china and the workers are getting paid peanuts. If you were to sculpt a model in a 3d program like zbrush and send it to be 3d printed in 1/4 scale, i'm guessing it would cost you any where from $700-$1000 for a quality print. That's not including paintjob. Keep that in mind when you see prices on quality custom work. :wave

Im not saying that its too much (well for me it is as im happy with Joker the way he is)... but was this done this way or first sculpted and then made into a mold and popped out... and I have done stuff myself and its more of how much is your time in sculpting and painting worth to put this out and how much its worth to those who want it... the $175 is more his labor than material and outside resourcing(unless thats what he did)... I have heard that people want the Supes PF Ex eyes fixed and getting quoted $200+ when i know for myself it would cost 10% of that in paid an resin but my time would be the $180...

Of course it is all labor otherwise a SS statue would cost about $4.50 in material, anyone else not a company might cost around $15.

Just like a mechanic, the big charge is from labor. For awhile I did offer just the casted and primed parts for a much lower price.

Art in general is expensive were the materials aren't. I've been thinking about getting a framed Hulk picture I've fallen in love with signed by Stan Lee it's £800 & it's 1 of 30 made but your paying for the artists talent. You can't think of how much it cost to make that's not what art is about IMO

Yeah Americans won't work for less so we are losing jobs sad but true. No wonder china is booming so fasts. Almost all American companies go there to cut down on costs and labor. So much for the buy American. :lol

Yeah Americans won't work for less so we are losing jobs sad but true. No wonder china is booming so fasts. Almost all American companies go there to cut down on costs and labor. So much for the buy American. :lol

Outside of statue collecting I use many American manufacturing companies and although I sometimes pay more I get the best customer service from them usually no questions asked.

Back