Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

I am not in a big hurry. Even after i get the Joker I am going to take him out look at him and then place him back in the box until I get Batman. Just can't display the joker with out the Batman. But what is great for me is after the Bat arrives it will be like getting two great statues at the same time.

That's a good idea, but I don't think I would be able to put Mr. J back in the box, it would drive me crazy. But if you can do it, it certainly would be more gratifying:yess: pulling him out after batman arrives.

That's a good idea, but I don't think I would be able to put Mr. J back in the box, it would drive me crazy. But if you can do it, it certainly would be more gratifying:yess: pulling him out after batman arrives.

I'll be putting mine on display as soon as I get him. I'm still iffy on the Batman PF. I hate cloth costumes so if I pass on Bats at least I'll have the Joker on display. Who knows when SSC will put out a fully sculpted classic Batman. I can't wait that long to display him either.

I'll be putting mine on display as soon as I get him. I'm still iffy on the Batman PF. I hate cloth costumes so if I pass on Bats at least I'll have the Joker on display. Who knows when SSC will put out a fully sculpted classic Batman. I can't wait that long to display him either.

If you hate cloth costumes would you mind me asking why you purchased Joker? IMO if you place Joker PF next to a fully sculpted Batman, that display would not synchronize/it just wouldn't look right.

If you hate cloth costumes would you mind me asking why you purchased Joker? IMO if you place Joker PF next to a fully sculpted Batman, that display would not synchronize/it just wouldn't look right.

I have no problem with the Joker's cloth suit. It looks great. I feel the same way about Skaar, and Mystique. What I hate more than ANYTHING is seeing a muscular character in a full body cloth/spandex costume. I hate how it covers up all the definition of a sculpt. I want to see all the muscle definition on any statue I have displayed. For example, the Wolverine, Sabretooth, Thor, and Colossus PFs all look hideous to me because of their cheezy cloth jammies. These are all examples of very muscular characters who don't look good because of their cloth costumes IMHO.

The Joker and Mystique PF lose nothing by adding clothes to them. As for Skaar, well....he's hardly wearing anything anyway. :rotfl

I personally have no problem mixing fully sculpted pieces with the few traditional PFs I own. It doesn't bother me at all. What bugs the ____ out of me is mixing scales in my SSC display. I want EVERYTHING by SSC to be in 1/4 scale.

Last edited:

For people afraid of missing out on the EX...people have been getting waitlist conversions with the Vampirella PF EX (as late as getting on the waitlist yesterday).

Sideshow also closed her waitlist previously but opened it up again when she started shipping. I'm fairly confident that it will happen to Joker as well so hold off before paying absurd prices on ebay.

I have no problem with the Joker's cloth suit. It looks great. I feel the same way about Skaar, and Mystique. What I hate more than ANYTHING is seeing a muscular character in a full body cloth/spandex costume. I hate how it covers up all the definition of a sculpt. I want to see all the muscle definition on any statue I have displayed. For example, the Wolverine, Sabretooth, Thor, and Colossus PFs all look hideous to me because of their cheezy cloth jammies. These are all examples of very muscular characters who don't look good because of their cloth costumes IMHO.

The Joker and Mystique PF lose nothing by adding clothes to them. As for Skaar, well....he's hardly wearing anything anyway. :rotfl

I personally have no problem mixing fully sculpted pieces with the few traditional PFs I own. It doesn't bother me at all. What bugs the ____ out of me is mixing scales in my SSC display. I want EVERYTHING by SSC to be in 1/4 scale.

I do have to agree in the sense that, fully sculpted pieces do seem like they just jumped out of the comic book page and that is wonderful and all. However I also feel like the statues with cloth do take a more realistic approach as to what a a fictional character would really look like if he wore that outfit. In the sense that their is no way all that muscle definition would be visible unless the outfit is sprayed on, in real life. Now I do love sculpted pieces such as the recent Rhino, Venom, Carnage etc. Because those characters don't have any fabric element and well they look realistic. From both point of view comic book based and the real world. Now even if they made a fully sculpted Batman I would more than likely buy him, but I would not display him with my Fabric/Realistic looking joker.

For people afraid of missing out on the EX...people have been getting waitlist conversions with the Vampirella PF EX (as late as getting on the waitlist yesterday).

Sideshow also closed her waitlist previously but opened it up again when she started shipping. I'm fairly confident that it will happen to Joker as well so hold off before paying absurd prices on ebay.

At 1000+ for the Es on the ex. I see a few conversions. I hope everyone gets one, that wants one.

I do have to agree in the sense that, fully sculpted pieces do seem like they just jumped out of the comic book page and that is wonderful and all. However I also feel like the statues with cloth do take a more realistic approach as to what a a fictional character would really look like if he wore that outfit. In the sense that their is no way all that muscle definition would be visible unless the outfit is sprayed on, in real life. Now I do love sculpted pieces such as the recent Rhino, Venom, Carnage etc. Because those characters don't have any fabric element and well they look realistic. From both point of view comic book based and the real world. Now even if they made a fully sculpted Batman I would more than likely buy him, but I would not display him with my Fabric/Realistic looking joker.

I understand. We are all different collectors with different tastes. I hear what you are saying about a realistic approach to these characters. That's why I think maquettes work very well with cloth. If I want a realistic spin on a character I would buy the Cap, Thor, Destroyer, and Hulk movie Maquettes. Those are realistic portrayals of these characters in my mind. However, if I'm looking for a classic comic element to my statues, then it's fully sculpted versions I want, everytime if I can get it. As I said earlier, mixing the formats isn't a problem for me. Mixing scales is. SSC seems to be giving us both what we want. The hardest part is waiting to get it. :lol

Who knows with the announcement that PFs will be fully sculpted sometimes we could get a 1/4 scale fully sculpted bats down the line.

Back