Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

You nailed it........they are idiots. I can't understand anyone who just throws away money. I actually love the fact that these fools have to pay to play now. No more ES being run up without penalty. :yess:

SSC offers a 1-time courtesy refund (which they've offered more than once) on NRDs. So they might not have had to "pay" anything. :huh

I dunno. If Sideshow ever releases a Ledger piece, I see the sheep dumping this on ebay and over-saturating the market. :(

The movie and his performance were incredible. However, I believe there are too many collectors out there that still LOVE the comic versions of these characters. I have passed on every statue based off of a movie. My love for these characters are always comic book based. I believe there are still many collectors out there that feel the same. The Joker was around well before Ledger came into the picture.

I do agree about value rising on this one since it is the 1st one released by dc. This is the og joker comic version that mark hamill voiced over the years. I like this more than ledger or nicholson joker since it is og. Hopefully mines convert. I can wait. If not the ebay way it is. This imo is better than ledger hot toys dx 01 since hot toys make additional ledger toys i will not buy from them and stick with sideshow. They only make one figure and move on to another so there will be alot of pf batman villains i will be attaining, as well as dioramas too. can't wait.

You nailed it........they are idiots. I can't understand anyone who just throws away money. I actually love the fact that these fools have to pay to play now. No more ES being run up without penalty. :yess:

SSC offers a 1-time courtesy refund (which they've offered more than once) on NRDs. So they might not have had to "pay" anything. :huh

It's possible that the conversions we're seeing now are just the ones who cancelled because that one-time forgiveness had been so loudly advertised.

The movie and his performance were incredible. However, I believe there are too many collectors out there that still LOVE the comic versions of these characters. I have passed on every statue based off of a movie. My love for these characters are always comic book based. I believe there are still many collectors out there that feel the same. The Joker was around well before Ledger came into the picture.

I agree. I think Ledger-mania is already cooling.

Well, I did say I believed the EX waitlist would convert because of the high ES for this piece. Congrats to all of you that converted. That was pretty quick. I'm sure there will be more to come.

Many more will convert :lecture

Yeah, I guess I didn't expect people to start jumping ship so soon (especially with the NRD). Maybe the high ES has something to do with it. :dunno

It does make me feel more confident that mine will convert.

Is 1250 really high for an EX that is the 1st DC PF?? Maybe if it was 2000 I'd agree. What were people expecting? Cap EX had 875. That's not much less.

I think some people order hoping for the next grail that will sell for a million dollars on eBay. And once they saw the ES they knew that wasn't going to happen. :lol

1250 spread across the globe is not that high. It still will be going up in value.

So when is the NRD charged for waitlisters?

When your item converts to an order you will recieve an email, if you choose to keep your order after the conversion email, you will be charged the nrd at that time.

I don't care about the ES on this one I still have more than one coming to me. It's going to take much more than a 1250 which I think is small for the Joker anyways to make me cancel this one. Down the road this one will be in demand just like Doom, if SS factory doesn't screw it up! I have much faith in this piece...JOKER RULES!!!!! :nana:

I don't care about the ES on this one I still have more than one coming to me. It's going to take much more than a 1250 which I think is small for the Joker anyways to make me cancel this one. Down the road this one will be in demand just like Doom, if SS factory doesn't screw it up! I have much faith in this piece...JOKER RULES!!!!! :nana:

Doom was just a few hundred, wasn't it?

Doom was just a few hundred, wasn't it?

Yep. 500 for the EX. I don't know if the Joker will reach Doom's lofty numbers in the aftermarket but I do think he will rise in price after he is sold out and a little time has passed.

The rising ES is basically hurting the aftermarket. I guess the only time I'd care is if I had to sell the things due to job loss or whatever and only got the retail value. like my ROLTA Indy...I basically paid a guy retail so he maybe made $30 bucks off me for something that came out 3 years ago and is soldout...both EX and REG.

The rising ES is basically hurting the aftermarket. I guess the only time I'd care is if I had to sell the things due to job loss or whatever and only got the retail value. like my ROLTA Indy...I basically paid a guy retail so he maybe made $30 bucks off me for something that came out 3 years ago and is soldout...both EX and REG.

Don't worry. Joker > Indy. When this is finally released, there will be only ONE Joker statue that any fan of the character will want to own. All the ones released before the PF pale in comparison. Demand will heat up very nicely for the PF.

Don't worry. Joker > Indy. When this is finally released, there will be only ONE Joker statue that any fan of the character will want to own. All the ones released before the PF pale in comparison. Demand will heat up very nicely for the PF.

So you don't think SSC's will do any other PF Jokers? I suppose they'd go the comicquette route or maybe the maquette route?

Back