Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

Plus they need to save some for breakage,QC issues etc...

new alternate head... just didnt get to paint it yet.

background46.jpg

Plus, Sideshow itself is only selling a certain percentage of that 2500. Many are going out to Sideshow retailers.

Yes, when I was managing a store some years back when we ordered from Sideshow we usually only ordered 1 or 2 of any given piece and were pretty selective because the "Wholesale" price stores get isn't really all that much lower than retail. If I remember correctly stores only make about 15% on the retail price. That being said this Joker would have been a must order.

Plus they need to save some for breakage,QC issues etc...

I don't know what Sideshows "Missing/Lost/Damaged" rate is. I work in logistics now and we usually do a 1% to 2% "overbuy" on items to incorporate for that but since Sideshow is dealing with a limited run I'm sure their "hold back" on these might be around the same.

Yes, when I was managing a store some years back when we ordered from Sideshow we usually only ordered 1 or 2 of any given piece and were pretty selective because the "Wholesale" price stores get isn't really all that much lower than retail. If I remember correctly stores only make about 15% on the retail price. That being said this Joker would have been a must order.

I don't know what Sideshows "Missing/Lost/Damaged" rate is. I work in logistics now and we usually do a 1% to 2% "overbuy" on items to incorporate for that but since Sideshow is dealing with a limited run I'm sure their "hold back" on these might be around the same.

I guess is 5%.So retailers buys this for 300 bucks ?

I guess is 5%.So retailers buys this for 300 bucks ?

Retailers buy the reg for about 280$, but they have to pay for shipping of course, add that back into the price and like I said, they make about 15% or a little more than 50$ off a piece like this. At least that's what I remember. We made a lot more off DCD and Bowen statues.

well for Joker only I m buying 2 one reg from Retailer & one Ex ...... :)

Thanks mang...Not really much to make selling PF's.I guess Hot Toys would be more lucrative.

There's also development costs at the beginning stage and then they have to ship it from China to the U.S., pay their workers' salaries & benefits, and pay the licensing fee to Warner Bros. There's more to it than just the production costs.

Well people might convert by the time of shipping due to declined Credit Cards etc...

Because SideShow is cheap,a PF cost then less than $100 to make.

:gah: I always wonder this. The big shops like midtown comics in time square is selling all the SS, Bowen, etc statues at retail price which is decent compare to some online shops and a few other comic shops who jack up their prices by a couple of hundreds of dollars above retail to earn more. But then they add a sale of 25% on top of that. 25% is huge saving on any statue at normal retail prices. So after all that they still earn profits. I wonder how much they really costs to make these statues.
But anyways joker reg version is almost gone? Never thought I will see this day coming with so many made.

:gah: I always wonder this. The big shops like midtown comics in time square is selling all the SS, Bowen, etc statues at retail price which is decent compare to some online shops and a few other comic shops who jack up their prices by a couple of hundreds of dollars above retail to earn more. But then they add a sale of 25% on top of that. 25% is huge saving on any statue at normal retail prices. So after all that they still earn profits. I wonder how much they really costs to make these statues.
But anyways joker reg version is almost gone? Never thought I will see this day coming with so many made.

If you really look at the collectible statue market 2500 pieces isn't a lot. It's only a large Number to Sideshow because they usually deal in very limited runs.

There's also development costs at the beginning stage and then they have to ship it from China to the U.S., pay their workers' salaries & benefits, and pay the licensing fee to Warner Bros. There's more to it than just the production costs.

That would be 2 cents.:wave

Because SideShow is cheap,a PF cost then less than $100 to make.

:rotfl

Nailed it.

Back