Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

I think this is definitely #1 on everybody's list :exactly:

Yes...until the Bat is released. I can't even imagine the frenzy for that piece when it goes up for order. The demand for that piece at preorder and later in the aftermarket, may be unprecedented.

Yes...until the Bat is released. I can't even imagine the frenzy for that piece when it goes up for order. The demand for that piece at preorder and later in the aftermarket, may be unprecedented.

I will get 2 Batman EX's,one to flip later on of course.I predict the SideShow site crashing when that goes up for pre order.:lol

The ES may be unprecedented, too...with Joker's Ex at 1250 I don't see SS doing the normal 500-750 for Batman. I'm sure they'll weigh collectibility vs profit as they did with Joker and do what they think is the correct balance.

For me it all depends on what he looks like, there's a lot of Batman statues out there and there's only 1 or 2 that I feel really nail the look that I like (and those pieces IIRC have all been privately commissioned pieces)

Even the SS LSB I'm not sure about, I've got him up on Pre-Order and paid the NRD but I'm not sure if I'll stick with my order for one funds for two I'm not sure about the look of him

The ES may be unprecedented, too...with Joker's Ex at 1250 I don't see SS doing the normal 500-750 for Batman. I'm sure they'll weigh collectibility vs profit as they did with Joker and do what they think is the correct balance.

it will be probably 1250 ES :pfft:

For me it all depends on what he looks like, there's a lot of Batman statues out there and there's only 1 or 2 that I feel really nail the look that I like (and those pieces IIRC have all been privately commissioned pieces)

Even the SS LSB I'm not sure about, I've got him up on Pre-Order and paid the NRD but I'm not sure if I'll stick with my order for one funds for two I'm not sure about the look of him

I understand your POV. However, I must disagree with one point. There are not a lot of 1/4 scale Batman statues out there. Pass on the SSC Batman at your own risk. Regardless of the ES, this will be a much sought after piece and it will sell out. The quality of the sculpt should be very high considering who is sculpting it. The WIP shots look very good so far. My only issue with the piece is the cloth uniform. I'm a fan of fully sculpted pieces. I'll make a decision after I see a completed piece. If I was a fan of PFs, I wouldn't even hesitate to pick this up. You'll be hard pressed to find a better 1/4 PF of this character.

^^^ :lecture:lecture:lecture

This Batman PF is gonna be huge. I am not a total fan of PF and the Bats is all covered, but I ain't missing this for sure. SSC have to really ___ this piece to turn me away. :(

Agree. Please show something about Batman PF. AND don't change the release date of Joker (May) sideshow, PLEASE!!!! May! mAy! maY!

I understand your POV. However, I must disagree with one point. There are not a lot of 1/4 scale Batman statues out there. Pass on the SSC Batman at your own risk. Regardless of the ES, this will be a much sought after piece and it will sell out. The quality of the sculpt should be very high considering who is sculpting it. The WIP shots look very good so far. My only issue with the piece is the cloth uniform. I'm a fan of fully sculpted pieces. I'll make a decision after I see a completed piece. If I was a fan of PFs, I wouldn't even hesitate to pick this up. You'll be hard pressed to find a better 1/4 PF of this character.

I didn't realise it was a tailored suit, I automatically assumed it would all be sculpted. I like the idea of a tailored suit given how good Joker looks.

That said I'll still need to see the piece before I can say I'll get it or not, like I said I've seen far too many rubbish looking Batman statues.

A Premium Format automatically indicates there will be fabric of some kind invovled in the piece. Other wise, they'd call it a statue.

They are actually going the backwards route on Batman from their other PFs. They are giving him a cloth outfit, but sculpted cape. Usually they've gone the other way do to the fact spandex doesn't look the same way in real life than it does in the comics and you lose a lot of that muscle definition that comic book outfits have. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

I didn't realise it was a tailored suit, I automatically assumed it would all be sculpted. I like the idea of a tailored suit given how good Joker looks.

That said I'll still need to see the piece before I can say I'll get it or not, like I said I've seen far too many rubbish looking Batman statues.

Of course. I would never buy a statue before I see the finished product. I feel confident that the sculpt will look great since the Gore group is involved. The only thing that will give me serious pause is the suit. If it's cheap looking spandex then I may very well pass on the PF. I will also wait to see the completed piece before I say yes or no to the PF. If it looks really good except for the costume, I may even have it customized to a fully sculpted piece.

Of course. I would never buy a statue before I see the finished product. I feel confident that the sculpt will look great since the Gore group is involved. The only thing that will give me serious pause is the suit. If it's cheap looking spandex then I may very well pass on the PF. I will also wait to see the completed piece before I say yes or no to the PF. If it looks really good except for the costume, I may even have it customized to a fully sculpted piece.

I saw it at SDCC and the suit looked like all fabric, similar to the gambit trench coat or she hulk pants. My actual concern was the wrinkles in the suit from the packing box.

I saw it at SDCC and the suit looked like all fabric, similar to the gambit trench coat or she hulk pants. My actual concern was the wrinkles in the suit from the packing box.

I think he's talking about Batman PF, not the Joker.

Back