John Carter (of Mars) trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was a pretty good movie experience for me. I caught it in IMAX 3D and the character development, the action sequences and immersion into the world made me care about the characters and their journey.

I agree with Celtic Predator, too much exposition and not enough action, the film does not get started until about 60% into the movie which is way too long to hold any interest. For most of the movie's running time it is just dull.

I thought it was a 7/10. Maybe an 8. I think it skipped around a little too much for my taste. I think if they just did the first book alone and left more room for learning deeper meaning to each character it could have been better. In other words, more exposition would have been better.

Sola and Tars Tarkas daughter father thing was really rushed compared to the book, so I felt it lost some meaning. I also think John Carter as a prisoner of the Tharks should have lasted much longer.

On a good note loved the humor, the set and costume design, the design of the ships, and the Tharks were some of the best CGI aliens ever.

Certain scenes were 100% how I imagine them from reading the books, so very cool.

I agree with Celtic Predator, too much exposition and not enough action, the film does not get started until about 60% into the movie which is way too long to hold any interest. For most of the movie's running time it is just dull.

LOL Hope you're prepared for the Hobbit to be dull too.

I saw John Carter yesterday. It was a fantastic film. The action, the character development, it all tied together to make a fun, exciting action adventure film.

I'm not going to lie....the best part of the film for me was the Princess' Outfits......methinks this is what Amidala should have been :lecture

Nice! The 3D was really well done IMO just like the movie.

That's what I hear! :D

I'm not going to lie....the best part of the film for me was the Princess' Outfits......methinks this is what Amidala should have been :lecture

I'm gonna have to pay close attention without getting into trouble with the little woman! :lol

I agree, I know it's a Disney movie, but I wouldn't have minded one bit if they had her in traditional "Martian" gear:

John%20Carter%20of%20Mars%202.jpg

LOL Hope you're prepared for the Hobbit to be dull too.

I doubt it will be, because I am sure the action move along nicely with the plot, rather than what this movie did by pausing for long periods to explan to us the flingy flangs, are fighting the floogywhatits so General Zarg can be ruler of blingyblongy by marrying princess doobeldop

I doubt it will be, because I am sure the action move along nicely with the plot, rather than what this movie did by pausing for long periods to explan to us the flingy flangs, are fighting the floogywhatits so General Zarg can be ruler of blingyblongy by marrying princess doobeldop

Guess it was a good thing I liked all that. :yess:

Back