John Carter (of Mars) trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a tv spot for this tonight during THe Walking Dead. Man, the marketing team on this flick is terrible.

"Before Star Wars...before Avatar...there was John Carter."

How desperate can they get? :lol

I think they're trying to respond to the people saying that this looks like a ripoff of Avatar, when the inspiration was actually the other way around.

I saw it last week and bought tickets to the midnight IMAX show in Thursday to see it again.

Hopefully the bad marketing won't kill it. As I remember Avatar wasn't tracking very strongly before it premiered and the marketing for that film wasn't very strong.

But it is good they are comparing it to Star Wars and Avatar as both franchises owe a lot to Burroughs.

Hoping if it's good, word of mouth will help it. I have a feeling if it's not HUGE at the box office, DVD/Bluray sales and rentals will be strong. That's what happened with Batman Begins.

Cinemark theaters posted 10 minutes of it if anyone is interested. I didn't watch it so I can't say if it's good or not:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HaE5Zs8dAY[/ame]

I see John Carter yesterday :panic:

AWESOME MOVIE! The Universe is impressive by the diversity of the civilizations, and the characters! The screenplay is very good, pretty pleasant, with a oustanding end! Congrats to Stanton and Disney to have adapted this masterpiece on the full screen!

4/5

saw it today and it was an enjoyable movie but nothing more than that , don't think i will watch it a second time

Just got back from the IMAX theatre and i gotta say, LOVED IT!!!

I think we have all scene this scenario, stranger in a strange land, "your the only one who can save us :pray:" and i expected alot of that cheese in this movie and there was, but there was also alot of things that suprised me. Its very long and it does flesh out all the characters, you fall into the world. Theres epic visuals, awesome action, and the chick is beyond hot!!!! :clap Like seriosuly i think im inlove.

Iv never read princess of mars or the original john carter books but i want to know, the movie gives you alot but i want more! Im def a fan of the character now and id tip my hat to disney for this one!

Its actually pretty graphic for a disney flick also, AND they gave out these cool art prints at the theatre tonight! All in all a great expierience! Bravo! :clap

Back