John Carter (of Mars) trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I was just kidding, it just sounded funny with the "flingy flangs" and "floogywhatits" and "princess doobeldop."

God knows there was a lot to remember, the wierdest was probably "Doja Sojat" or something. They couldn't have just referred to him by his name, John Carter, or, dare I say, "Virginia?"

Well there was some good stuff to like, the CGI was good, and the action scenes where not too bad. I just feel they should have made this film under 100 mins

I disagree. I thought the length was just fine I actually felt like I hadn't been in the theater long enough. I walked out wanting to see another film in this series and get more of what goes on when him on Mars.

What about the title people have to admit that was pretty bad, and has hurt the movie? I think even if they had called it something cheesy like John Carter and The battle for Mars it would have been better than just John Carter. When the titles came up at the end John Carter of Mars, I thought to myself why did they not just call the movie that in the first place

What about the title people have to admit that was pretty bad, and has hurt the movie? I think even if they had called it something cheesy like John Carter and The battle for Mars it would have been better than just John Carter. When the titles came up at the end John Carter of Mars, I thought to myself why did they not just call the movie that in the first place

Title didn't big me at all. He wasn't John Carter of Mars until near the end of the movie. He was John Carter of Earth for nearly all of it and what was done makes sense.

I don't know, I liked the title better at the end than at the beginning, but I wonder if it wasn't meant to be symbolic (I.e. when it began he was simply "John Carter," but by the end he was "John Carter of Mars.")

I don't know, I liked the title better at the end than at the beginning, but I wonder if it wasn't meant to be symbolic (I.e. when it began he was simply "John Carter," but by the end he was "John Carter of Mars.")

tumblr_ld4iohFj2i1qzsj6ro1_500-1.gif

Well I just feel that a title is very important tool for selling the movie to the public, especially the people who are not aware of what the movie might be about

No, I was just kidding, it just sounded funny with the "flingy flangs" and "floogywhatits" and "princess doobeldop."

That's what this whole movie sounded like too me. I really hate this kind of fantasy. I don't like goofy made up words to create a universe. It's probably why Star Wars worked so well. People made Lucas turn large words, into little ones. Jedi was probably one of the more stranger words, but it sounds easy, and is easy to remember.

Not this one though. I lost track of who was which character very early on. And then I didn't care/.

Sucks knowing there will most likely be no part 2. I enjoyed it to the point where I want more

Same here. I really have to let this go so I don't drive myself insane longing for a sequel...

I think the trailers and tv spots have done a good job with that. :dunno

Are you serious? Movie aside, they are easily some of the most boring trailers i've seen in a while. Disney even freaked out about it because they were so bad. They never told you the story, just showed you images of things and Kashmir with choral voices. (Which was pretty cool...haha)

Now, I put those things in the back of my mind while watching it. Because I figured they were a bad representation of the film. Well, i'd say they are, but the movie wasn't all that much more interesting. At least the film isn't bad, as the trailers made it out to be.

Back