John Carter (of Mars) trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand why it was that high. I have to wonder if Disney didn't rob Peter to pay Paul, if you know what I mean. It's done all the time in other businesses, I'm sure they do it in the movie business too.

My understanding from reading various news articles was that the budget ballooned to $250 million due to the reshoots that the director, Stanton, wanted to do on several key scenes. Coming from Pixar, he was used to doing a lot of reshoots and it doesn't cost much on an animated movie to do. Reshoots are very expensive on a live action movie and Disney should have reigned him in more.

I don't mean to get all Firefly in here but yeah I am a little disappointed in America's taste for what is/isn't a good movie. :mad: I remember the days where no one was consumed with box office and people just like or didn't like movies, god I swear the internet ruins everything. :lol

So I gave it a second chance. Put the issues I had with the movie upfront, and just sat back, and watched.

And I liked it. Way more then I did. It's a pretty good movie. I like it more then Avatar. And i'd probably watch it more anyway.

7/10

It is. I just had to get over that huge disconnect with the language.

Once that was out of the way, I got to appreciate the characters on an emotional level.

GYI8O.png

I can understand where Celtic is coming from. And yes, I do have kids from 12-20. One thing not pointed out though is that if the kids don't have the money to watch it in the big screen, they'll always find some other way (hint, internet) to watch it. I remember my niece watching Titanic back in her days 10 times, when she was a teenager, because she could.

On the same note, something is epic if even the adults watch the film more than once, because they have nothing to prove except their love of the actual film (and they don't need to hang out with nor peer-pressured by other people as much as teens do).

^ Exactly. Which is why adults don't see that many movies. You don't see a huge mob of adults buying a ticket to whatever sounds slightly interesting. They plan that out. Because they're smart.

Back