Joebizz's 1/6 Jason Takes Manhattan custom (New 2014 Version!!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joebizz's 1/6 Jason Takes Manhattan custom (New Version)

Great Pt. VIII headsculpt, joebizz34. Really enjoyed the video, too. I'm also really curious about the exclusive teddy bear that came with Jason. Like you were saying, I could see it being from a deleted scene. If so, shame it didn't find it's way into the film, as a quick 2 or 3 second shot of him blankly staring at his old bear in his bedroom (just going from memory, here, it's been 10+ years since I've seen Freddy vs Jason) would've been neat. Kind of humanizes Jason a little bit whenever he blanks out looking at something from his past, IMO.

Hey man, thanks for the comment. I've been wondering about the teddy bear for a while. I checked the deleted scenes on the DVD but nothing was there relating to the bear. So for now, it remains a mystery. :)

Hey man, thanks for the comment. I've been wondering about the teddy bear for a while. I checked the deleted scenes on the DVD but nothing was there relating to the bear. So for now, it remains a mystery. :)

I think the bear came from a publicity photo of Jason sitting on his bed starring at the teddy bear in hand. Not sure if it was from a specific magazine. I'm looking for that pic now

I think the bear came from a publicity photo of Jason sitting on his bed starring at the teddy bear in hand. Not sure if it was from a specific magazine. I'm looking for that pic now

Finally an explanation!! Thanks Papito!! As a matter of fact, now that you said that, I think I remember that picture.....

This is what I can find on google...

Celebrity-pictures-jason-voorhees-bear-understands.jpg

This is what I can find on google...

Celebrity-pictures-jason-voorhees-bear-understands.jpg

Yes!! I remember this now for sure. So that's why SS did the teddy bear exclusive. I wonder if they originally had intended for that to be a scene in the movie or if it was always just meant to be a publicity photo and nothing more.

Cool, good to finally have an explanation and pretty impressive that Sideshow caught a detail like that for use as an exclusive. Thanks for taking the time to dig it up, Papito. Really was curious about that.

On an unrelated note, reading through these Jason threads sure makes me wish Platinum Dunes would do something with this license. The re-make was not perfect by any means but I liked a lot of what they did with Jason. Really was looking forward to a Part II. :(

Cool, good to finally have an explanation and pretty impressive that Sideshow caught a detail like that for use as an exclusive. Thanks for taking the time to dig it up, Papito. Really was curious about that.

On an unrelated note, reading through these Jason threads sure makes me wish Platinum Dunes would do something with this license. The re-make was not perfect by any means but I liked a lot of what they did with Jason. Really was looking forward to a Part II. :(

Me too. Although nothing is in the works yet, there have been rumors of different ideas here and there. So hopefully it's not out of the question yet. If enough time goes by, maybe someone else will just do their own new version again anyway.

No problem fellas. I think Gentle Giant did an stylize, animated version of that pic as a statue too.

Yeah, sucks there is no movement on a new Jason movie. All comes down to money I guess. Just read Paramount will not release part 4-8 because of fear they will not make their money back on them. I just don't understand it. I'm seeing so many of these very bad horror movies make it to blu but not one of the biggest horror franchise?

Me too. Although nothing is in the works yet, there have been rumors of different ideas here and there. So hopefully it's not out of the question yet. If enough time goes by, maybe someone else will just do their own new version again anyway.
Yeah, sooner or later I'm sure someone will do something with it, was just hoping for sooner and liked some of the ideas I'd heard for Pt II (set in winter being the main one). Thought they went a little overboard in the reboot in emphasizing the T&A aspects of the originals but otherwise really liked what they did with Jason (setting traps, running instead of lumbering, details like the wheelchair being in his underground lair, etc.). Out of the franchise horror re-makes, I'd put it behind Texas Chainsaw (the first one, not The Beginning *shudders*) but a billion miles ahead of Nightmare on Elm St or Halloween.

Anyway, we'll see. Don't mean to derail the thread. Looking forward to seeing more of your work, joebiz.

...Yeah, sucks there is no movement on a new Jason movie. All comes down to money I guess. Just read Paramount will not release part 4-8 because of fear they will not make their money back on them. I just don't understand it. I'm seeing so many of these very bad horror movies make it to blu but not one of the biggest horror franchise?
Wow, really surprised by that as Pt IV especially is considered such a classic and high point of the series. I guess it did come down to money for the Pt II re-make, too, but I also found that weird, as Pt I I think had the best opening weekend of all of them and made a tidy profit. They must feel somewhat that they're playing Russian Roulette maybe with the re-makes and don't want to be holding the bag if the latest one is released and bombs.

Last edited:

Yeah, sooner or later I'm sure someone will do something with it, was just hoping for sooner and liked some of the ideas I'd heard for Pt II (set in winter being the main one). Thought they went a little overboard in the reboot in emphasizing the T&A aspects of the originals but otherwise really liked what they did with Jason (setting traps, running instead of lumbering, details like the wheelchair being in his underground lair, etc.). Out of the franchise horror re-makes, I'd put it behind Texas Chainsaw (the first one, not The Beginning *shudders*) but a billion miles ahead of Nightmare on Elm St or Halloween.

Anyway, we'll see. Don't mean to derail the thread. Looking forward to seeing more of your work, joebiz.

Wow, really surprised by that as Pt IV especially is considered such a classic and high point of the series. I guess it did come down to money for the Pt II re-make, too, but I also found that weird, as Pt I I think had the best opening weekend of all of them and made a tidy profit. They must feel somewhat that they're playing Russian Roulette maybe with the re-makes and don't want to be holding the bag if the latest one is released and bombs.

No problem. The topic is about Jason so I don't consider the thread derailed. :) Also, I am suprised as well about the blu ray releases. i really enjoyed some of the later sequels like 7 and 8 as well as the earlier ones. I would buy the whole box set in blu if they released it.

Well this was a long time coming...but finally I finished a new Jason 8.

The head and mask is from Beto and originally painted by him. I slightly re-painted and weathered the head and mask accordingly to match the rest of the figure I did. I also went over the head a bit to add that slightly wet and slimy look. I also did the exposed flesh colored pinky on his left hand for screen accuracy...

13478509813_2a9019969d_b.jpg

13478397915_2357b59d1e_b.jpg

13478764964_a924b37456_b.jpg

13478514953_8a52e6b571_b.jpg

13478769344_cd534dd214_b.jpg

13478513273_78b87ed516_c.jpg

13478405485_76b53a9196_b.jpg

13478401125_0197fce2aa_b.jpg

Sick figure! Love all the exposed parts and nice touch with the pinky lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man!! I have to give credit to PapitoMX for the awareness of the exposed pinky. He had pointed it out (see what I did there :) ) a while back and did a Jason 8 himself showing that pinky peeking out. After that, the next time I watched the movie, I looked for that and there it was!! So I always remembered that liitle fact and made sure I included it this time on my Jason 8.

Thanks man!! I have to give credit to PapitoMX for the awareness of the exposed pinky. He had pointed it out (see what I did there :) ) a while back and did a Jason 8 himself showing that pinky peeking out. After that, the next time I watched the movie, I looked for that and there it was!! So I always remembered that liitle fact and made sure I included it this time on my Jason 8.

Yeah I saw that and I was like how the h*** did I miss it? I totally am a detailed person. Kudos to PapitoMX. Now I have to watch that movie again and try to spot it. Now that Caine's doing Jason Lives, I have to watch that one too! I wish I could weather, paint and whatsoever cause from what I've read and heard about how much fun it is to do that. It makes you feel so good and its inspiring. :)

Yeah I saw that and I was like how the h*** did I miss it? I totally am a detailed person. Kudos to PapitoMX. Now I have to watch that movie again and try to spot it. Now that Caine's doing Jason Lives, I have to watch that one too! I wish I could weather, paint and whatsoever cause from what I've read and heard about how much fun it is to do that. It makes you feel so good and its inspiring. :)

Yeah man, watch the film again and you will see!! Once you know, you never stop seeing it. :lol

Customizing /Kitbashing or whatever you want to call it is fun and yes it does make you feel good. There is nothing better then when you look at something you did with your own 2 hands. That's a high that no one can describe and why so many people do it. Not just this hobby but any type of art or creation. It can be a painting, a sketch, a book or a sculpture. To know that something exists because you made it is the ultimate feeling in my opinion. You can't put a price tag on that. :)

Yeah man, watch the film again and you will see!! Once you know, you never stop seeing it. :lol

Customizing /Kitbashing or whatever you want to call it is fun and yes it does make you feel good. There is nothing better then when you look at something you did with your own 2 hands. That's a high that no one can describe and why so many people do it. Not just this hobby but any type of art or creation. It can be a painting, a sketch, a book or a sculpture. To know that something exists because you made it is the ultimate feeling in my opinion. You can't put a price tag on that. :)

Quite very tempting for me wanting to learn. Is there a thread on here I can go and read up on weathering and painting? You know like "Painting and Weathering for Dummies 101" :lol Unless you could PM me and give me a few pointers where to start? No idea what kind of paint to use? I want to try and do my own Patrick Bateman figure. One guy said something that hit me right on the spot, "It's no fun to buy a full figure from a customizer and put it up on the shelf" I think it was in the Wall Street Killer thread. I was reading up on that thread about kit bashing a Patrick Bateman figure and a guy missed out on Iminime full figure so he was asking questions about where to start, I think? He didn't want to spend $120 on a head sculpt from Iminime and he was going to use a Bale Batman head sculpt then so forth on...it was interesting. I apologize for going off of the main topic on here and that's Jason 8! PM me please.

Quite very tempting for me wanting to learn. Is there a thread on here I can go and read up on weathering and painting? You know like "Painting and Weathering for Dummies 101" :lol Unless you could PM me and give me a few pointers where to start? No idea what kind of paint to use? I want to try and do my own Patrick Bateman figure. One guy said something that hit me right on the spot, "It's no fun to buy a full figure from a customizer and put it up on the shelf" I think it was in the Wall Street Killer thread. I was reading up on that thread about kit bashing a Patrick Bateman figure and a guy missed out on Iminime full figure so he was asking questions about where to start, I think? He didn't want to spend $120 on a head sculpt from Iminime and he was going to use a Bale Batman head sculpt then so forth on...it was interesting. I apologize for going off of the main topic on here and that's Jason 8! PM me please.

Practice practice practice!! That's the best tip I could give you to start. There are several methods for weathering. One is called dry brushing which is a biggy. You take a small amount of paint from one brush and dab it on an area. Then you take a second dry brush, meaning with no paint on it, and whip the paint in that area back and forth to create a stain / worn like effect. You can PM with questions anytime.

Nice work on that part 8 man, always liked that look.

Thanks man!! I too always liked how Jason looked from that film.

He looks awesome You should make a severed head in a scream look hold by his hand or something

He looks awesome You should make a severed head in a scream look hold by his hand or something

Thanks and if you look at my older version I had a head like that which happened to look like the boxer who Jason knocked his head off. It went with the figure when I sold him. I am working on some accessories for this new guy though. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back